What's with all the coloured buttons below each post?

I believe it was Auntie Mabel who caught her left one Ian. ;)

A simple agree wasn't enough there.

Sorry Andy,

When I was a stripling it was "E'ee I haven't laughed so much since granny jammed her busoms in't mangle"

Dave

At least the REPORT button is unchanged. This is the one to press. A kind of  "beam me up Scotty" it's time for modelling again. Please have the last word and lock this off now Andy?

This thread is great fun RMweb members going mass Emo :jester:  -  Sorry I just hit one of your buttons before it is locked! 

XF

• RMweb Premium

I believe it was Auntie Mabel who caught her left one Ian. ;)

A simple agree wasn't enough there.

Actually after reading a certain Odd Squad book it wasn't the mangle it was the bike pedal she caught it in.

Jamie

Well I like the new buttons, opens up the like button more. One that has been mentioned before that could be useful is a thanks button.

Now back to some modelling.

OzzyO.

I agree; I need to come up with a 'thank you' icon.

• RMweb Gold

Oo, a Tx button has just appeared on the left and moved to the middle while I've been catching up.

Given some of the clientele here, can we change the "heart" to a firm handshake and an awkward hug?

We've also lost the ability to like replies to a blog post. The new range is there for the blog entry, but there's nothing for replies.

I'll investigate that as I would see that as retrograde. I was under the impression it should do.

The software author has advised that it's omitted but they'll try and include in the next update.

• RMweb Premium

The latest icons are rather better than what another user described as the "My Little Pony" style.  And the "Spell Check" has been replaced with something far more apt for the intended meaning.

• RMweb Gold

Using Windows 7 & IE8 (the default configuration for my work's testing pc) I get this :

post-7025-0-98694200-1368449743.jpg

If I click on the mixed up 'List' link, the string of Icons does open up, but only temporarily.

As my daughter keeps complaining loudly to mum that "dad's on his anorak facebook again" every time I log into RMWeb, I've just reminded her that she was seriously into My Little Pony when she was younger. She's now cringing with embarrassment as she's brought some friends home with her after school. Can I suggest an icon for "smug" which is exactly how I'm feeling right now.

Stubby47, on 13 May 2013 - 05:56, said:

Using Windows 7 & IE8 (the default configuration for my work's testing pc) I get this :

attachicon.gificons.JPG

Andy Y, on 13 May 2013 - 06:02, said:

I can appreciate that doesn't look good Stu; I will see if anything can be done to get IE to match how it should appear.

IE8 is a mess. Not only is the feedback summary overlapping, but the icons are saturated black, rather than the grey I see on Chrome. There is no emphasis colour when you hover over them. In IE8 the off-grey background to the feedback panel does not appear - only the shadow bar at the bottom. (Sorry the background does appear correctly on IE8.)

Chrome is behaving much better.

It will be interesting to see how this new feature pans out.

If I may offer one observation, I think the icons/glyphs in the feedback panel are too large. They are very visually distracting, particularly with short posts.

Less is not more. Less may be preferable, easier, clearer, etc., but it cannot be more. It's just a silly saying.

No Martin, Less is more - more clarity, more useful, more worthwhile, more concise, more simplicity, more elegance.

Just because the upgrade allows additional icons that does not justify adding them. If all the good scores are added together in working out the green reputational total, then what is the point in splitting them out in the first place.

• RMweb Gold

No Martin, Less is more - more clarity, more useful, more worthwhile, more concise, more simplicity, more elegance.

You can't change the units in mid-expression. That's like saying less chalk is more cheese.

Archived