What's with all the coloured buttons below each post?

Top right of every page, just to the left of your username, is your notifications tab, which will probably have defaulted to 'on' for likes etc. (mine had). There you should be able to see which posts have attracted ratings by clicking on the bit that says '(user) rated your post (icon) (rating)' Click on the 'your post' section of the notification and it will take you to the post.

If their are no notifications showing then you can switch notifications on in your profile and you will be able to track future ratings.

Andi

Ok, thanks Andi, that is better than I thought.

But, firstly, it doesn't tell you, it just transfers you to the post.

So, there is still a fair bit of faffing back and forth, to find out

who, what and which it relates to.

Secondly, the post in question, shows 4 x 'agree', but the

notifications show 6 x 'agree' and 1 'disagree'.

1 poster did one of each, so they cancel each other out!

Maybe we should expect some teething troubles, maybe

the small pleasure of seeing a 'like' awarded is just not the

same anymore, or maybe I am a GOM.

Jeff

The likes were fine, this panoply of icons is ridiculous. It makes it so much harder to read the content. Its the user interface equivalent of those streets with a different road sign and marking every 10 yards.

Please tell me theres a way turn it all off?

• RMweb Gold

A few posts back it says you can change the theme to "IPBoard 3.4 Default" to remove the buttons. You'll see "Change Theme" in the footer on the left.

Hope that helps.

A few posts back it says you can change the theme to "IPBoard 3.4 Default" to remove the buttons. You'll see "Change Theme" in the footer on the left.

Hope that helps.

Thank you. That was very useful but now the ''like'' button has disappeared altogether. I would have preferred to retain that and get rid of the others.

• RMweb Premium

Top right of every page, just to the left of your username, is your notifications tab, which will probably have defaulted to 'on' for likes etc. (mine had). There you should be able to see which posts have attracted ratings by clicking on the bit that says '(user) rated your post (icon) (rating)' Click on the 'your post' section of the notification and it will take you to the post.

If their are no notifications showing then you can switch notifications on in your profile and you will be able to track future ratings.

Andi

Of course, this only works if you have notifications for ratings set on, which I don't, so I can't see which of my posts have been rated.

Hello Andy,

when you click the blue "list" it just gives the name of the person that has clicked the like etc. icons, would it be possible to put the avatar of the member up as well. like it used to have on the old like list.

As with all new things it will have to have tinker time.

OzzyO.

• RMweb Premium

What I presume is an unexpected consequence of the new ratings (which I like) is that when I scroll down the page using the wheel on my mouse, the page frequently scrambles with posts vanishing and the rating lines of several posts remaining above and below each other. Scrolling back up resets but I never know which post will be the first to reappear clearly.

To stop it happening, I now have to keep clicking on the scroll bar on the right hand edge of the screen to move up and down the page. Ho hum...

Edit for literacy.

The change takes a bit of getting used to but I like it. I got a "thanks" that meant I had not wasted my time posting. Voting on the other Icons is valid on some stuff.  

I might change my mind when I get a  "black mark!" 

I wouldn't get hung up about it - I've got 5 for whatever reason. I care not a lot. It's not like getting "neutrals" or "negatives" on ebay... that would matter but this doesn't. Pete.

Lol - make that 6... get a LIFE! :no:

I wouldn't get hung up about it - I've got 5 for whatever reason. I care not a lot. It's not like getting "neutrals" or "negatives" on ebay... that would matter but this doesn't. Pete.

Lol - make that 6... get a LIFE! :no:

that last one was me :), feel free to give me one back.

this whole thing is going to cause arguments though.

Archived