The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

The Forum Jokes Thread

Colin_McLeod

Message added by AY Mod,

Sexist, racist or religious jokes aren't funny - keep them to yourself!

• RMweb Premium
19 hours ago, KeithMacdonald said:

I refer my honourable colleagues to https://sirbacon.org/shakespearemyth.htm 😉

Paul Merton had the ultimate riposte to the Baconian, Oxfordian, etc. authorship fantasies: they are the product of snobbery by people who can't accept that the greatest poetry and drama the world has ever heard was written by someone who spoke with a Brummie accent. This was illustrated by a rendition of the "To be or not to be" monologue in perfect Brummie...

• Like 8
  • Informative/Useful 2

3 hours ago, Compound2632 said:

Paul Merton had the ultimate riposte to the Baconian, Oxfordian, etc. authorship fantasies: they are the product of snobbery by people who can't accept that the greatest poetry and drama the world has ever heard was written by someone who spoke with a Brummie accent. This was illustrated by a rendition of the "To be or not to be" monologue in perfect Brummie...

Yes. I don't buy it either.

These were groups of "players" that performed plays for decades and they probably evolved to become more complex as time went on. They would have all chipped in with ideas and Shakespeare was probably the one that wrote it all down.

As for people saying he couldn't write that much stuff. Haven't they seen the amount of books some of these modern authors churn out?

• Like 5
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, Steamport Southport said:

As for people saying he couldn't write that much stuff. Haven't they seen the amount of books some of these modern authors churn out?

Also applies to J S Bach, as noted by Douglas Adams in Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Steamport Southport said:

Wasn't he in Skid Row?

That was Sebastian Bach.

steve

Edited by steve1
  • Like 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

I will defend that the plays weren't written by Shakespeare but by somebody else with the same name.

• Funny 7

5 hours ago, Steamport Southport said:

A Cockney is doing well on "Who wants to be a Millionaire" and he's got £500,000. Chris Tarrant asks him the big question.

" For £1million, who was the great train robber? Was it:
A, Ronnie Barker...
B, Ronnie O'Sullivan...
C, Ronnie Corbett
or
D, Ronnie Biggs?"

The Cockney says "I'll take the money please Chris."

Chris reminds him that he still has his 3 life-lines left.

Cockney replies "I'll just take the money Chris."

"You don't want to phone a friend or ask the audience? Not even a fifty fifty?" asks Chris.

"No thanks, I'll just take the money Chris"

"OK" says Chris, looking bemused "Give him a round of applause ladies and gentlemen, he goes away with £500,000, however before you go you'll obviously want to know what the answer is."

Cockney said "No thanks Chris. I knew the answer."

"You knew it anyway! Are you mad? Why didn't you answer it?" asks Chris

Cockney says, "I might be many things Chris....but I ain't no grass."

• Funny 4

On 23/04/2024 at 11:46, Steamport Southport said:

St George's Day today, also William Shakespeare's birthday and death day.

It's a good job he did write all that stuff rather than Francis Bacon as some suggest, as all those fine actors would have ended up working for the Royal Bacon Company.

Franz Schultz claims he wrote all of Shakespeare's works. Schultz also claims that his wife and him wrote the sonnets*

*Monty Python, "Stake your Claim Sketch"

• Funny 2