SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

• RMweb Premium

Hi Grahame

I know you are in charge of the permanent way and the electrickery, is his Duckness ready for platforms? Like, is the track laid and wires soldered on in the station area?

His Royalness is still at work so I can answer that.

Nope! That's next year's job xD  :sclerosis:

Philthyboyslime.

Edited by Mallard60022

• RMweb Premium

I was thinking today that this winter, instead of descending into the depths of gloom, I shall be doing stuff in the loft as I owe so many folk so much for keeping me going. Even if my head isn't working very well, if my body is then I will get up there as the mice have departed AFAIK. I think it's called 'getting a grip'.

Philterblock

• RMweb Premium

For those that do not know much about S J'n Station here are some good pics. None are mine so thanks to those that took them.

post-2326-0-12298600-1500056454_thumb.jpg

East End looking west; a great view; my favourite picture looking in this direction. So much detail.

post-2326-0-19050300-1500056465.jpg

A view from the south side of part of Down Platform looking east, towards Axminster. The road bridge is from where the previous pic was taken.

post-2326-0-36151700-1500056488_thumb.jpg

Down line looking west, from the west end of Platforms 2/3, showing west yard and some more tanks in the east (up) yard .(I love this picture)

post-2326-0-12254500-1500057499_thumb.jpg

caption and.......................................... the left beyond the Box

post-2326-0-69983900-1500056729_thumb.jpg

Railway Modeller showing a 2006 layout from a Sheffield Club (that I have never been able to 'get any response from' other than a first reply from the Secretary, sadly)

Edited by Mallard60022
  • Like 14

• RMweb Gold

I was thinking today that this winter, instead of descending into the depths of gloom, I shall be doing stuff in the loft as I owe so many folk so much for keeping me going. Even if my head isn't working very well, if my body is then I will get up there as the mice have departed AFAIK. I think it's called 'getting a grip'.

Philterblock

Anatomical question , do ducks have elbows?

If so , all power to yours Phil

Onward and upward mate

Mo Tivational

• Like 2

Philterblock

This year while doing BikeFest South I met some ex-services guys through Help For Heroes. Best describe them as  having come back to the UK somewhat reduced in physical presence as a result of IEDs etc.

One of them when talking about the 'F**K this for a game of soldiers' attitude they take to being less able, and made a really great observation. He said 'When it's all gone tits up, you have two choices. You can be defined by your limitations, or you can be defined by how you deal with them."

I think meine freundlichen Ducky, you are coming to that school of thought and good on ye for it!

• Like 3

Phil, they say, whomever they are, money can't buy happiness!  Well I just bought some train stuff and I'm very happy, so splurge every now and again.  Soothes the furrowed brow!

Brian.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

This year while doing BikeFest South I met some ex-services guys through Help For Heroes. Best describe them as  having come back to the UK somewhat reduced in physical presence as a result of IEDs etc.

One of them when talking about the 'F**K this for a game of soldiers' attitude they take to being less able, and made a really great observation. He said 'When it's all gone tits up, you have two choices. You can be defined by your limitations, or you can be defined by how you deal with them."

I think meine freundlichen Ducky, you are coming to that school of thought and good on ye for it!

Sounds like your Fest was OK then?

Yes, they must be admired. SWMBO worked at Headley Court for many years in the 80s/90s and so I have met a few lads and lasses that had had tough times. I was stronger then and still felt inadequte compared to them and their attitude.

Puts things into perspective don't it Smiffy. I can hear my late mate Geoff Brewin suggesting I get my ###### out...................

ATB

Philth.

• RMweb Premium

Phil, they say, whomever they are, money can't buy happiness!  Well I just bought some train stuff and I'm very happy, so splurge every now and again.  Soothes the furrowed brow!

Brian.

As long as SWMBO does not notice too many splurges until I have popped off then things should be OK...........................................................................................

P

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Speak to you all tomorrow as today is awayday to start celebrating my 'significant birthday' with the family; yes it is early in the year for that (the day is much later in the year) but getting any family together on any one day is almost impossible. There should be a 'Northern' area celebration sometime nearer the time, possibly railway related.

All the best to you all

Phil

• Like 2

Speak to you all tomorrow as today is awayday to start celebrating my 'significant birthday' with the family; yes it is early in the year for that (the day is much later in the year) but getting any family together on any one day is almost impossible. There should be a 'Northern' area celebration sometime nearer the time, possibly railway related.

All the best to you all

Phil

Hope all goes well and have an enjoyable day matey.

• RMweb Premium

Speak to you all tomorrow as today is awayday to start celebrating my 'significant birthday' with the family; yes it is early in the year for that (the day is much later in the year)

Phil

The problem  these days is that there seem to be so many 'significant' birthdays as one gets older - 60, 65, 70, 80 etc...

Having said that I hit one of those above later this year but will not really take advantage until the end of the year.

• RMweb Premium

Greetings dudes. For some strange reason the M5/42/1 were running smoothly and so I am here now having left Tenbury Wells (overnight B & B at a lovely little place in a nice looking Town) around 11.00

Noticed signs of what I presume was the Leominster (Bromyard?)  Worcester line  Bewdley to Wooferton Junctionon line on the way to the M5 from TW.

Oh yes, just before we left on Saturday a Loco Shaped box arrived and was placed discreetly away from SWMBO's gaze. Thanks Kernow, great service as usual.

Philth. 

Edit to enter correct long gone railway (boo).

Edited by Mallard60022
  • Like 5

" placed discreetly away from SWMBO's gaze"

I keep doing that, dunno why coz she left 20 years ago ! :)

B.Lindasacoot

• RMweb Gold

" placed discreetly away from SWMBO's gaze"

I keep doing that, dunno why coz she left 20 years ago ! :)

B.Lindasacoot

I must praise myself for slight of hand in front of SWMBO this week end 3 wagons, 2 lorry kits, a book, pair of cutters and signal parts and she said to me didn't you get anything for yourself. :secret:

• RMweb Gold

I must praise myself for slight of hand in front of SWMBO this week end 3 wagons, 2 lorry kits, a book, pair of cutters and signal parts and she said to me didn't you get anything for yourself. :secret:

So you should have said "No, I'll get something..." :mosking:

• RMweb Gold

So you should have said "No, I'll get something..." :mosking:

I did a 35 quid Ratio Wills station kit from the Ratio shop.  ;)

Edit brand

Edited by 81C
  • Like 2

• RMweb Premium

What nasty, creeping creature has been sitting on my back the last 6 months that has been whispering "....... don't do any work in the loft as you will mess it up/ feel carp/get knackered and other #### things.........."? 

Almost finished soldering the droppers and altering the points that need altering ready for painting. Been to gym for a quick lie down, now having snap and last few bits to do shortly. Then it is out with the spray cans and old clothes and prepping the 'studio workshop' (garage entrance).

Pics later? Who knows?

Philth

• Like 6