Dave F's photos - ongoing - more added each day

10 hours ago, Market65 said:

I can only apologise for posting the photos which were meant for my East Yorkshire thread in this thread. I don’t know how it happened. It will be forever a mystery.

I don't think you can delete the post, but you can hide it if you want Rob? Use the more options '...' in the top right of your post and select 'Hide'.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, billy_anorak59 said:

I don't think you can delete the post, but you can hide it if you want Rob? Use the more options '...' in the top right of your post and select 'Hide'.

You can also report your own post and the admins can move it to the correct thread.

• Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, David, and everyone else. Firstly I want to thank you all for your support and help, and your supportive pm, David. It is very much appreciated after yesterday evening’s mixup. I still don’t know exactly what I did. I have decided to leave that errant post as a reminder so, hopefully, I will not have anymore mixups.

So, with permission, I think I will post my comments to yesterday’s photo’s, and then follow them up with the comments on today’s photo’s.

So, from yesterday, that’s a great selection of photo’s of the Midland at Kegworth. The first photo’ of a Class 44 on an up coal train, in January, 1970, is an excellent head on shot of the locomotive, and it can be seen that the discs only have very faint lights, not the bright lights to be found on some RTR models.

The photo’s at Otterington, on the ECML, are a superb set. J494, of WD, 90011, on a down iron ore train, in May, 1966, is a most excellent photo’, and how well weathered the WD is.

And now for today’s excellent photo’s, the Sittingbourne and Kemsley as preserved in 1975 and 1979 photo’s are a delightful set. C2095, Bagnall, Superb, running round, in May, 1975, is a lovely portrait shot of the locomotive.

The photo’s at Kirkby Stephen on the Settle and Carlisle, in the 1990’s are a superb selection. C21772, of 142093 and 156471, on a Leeds to Carlisle service, on the 10th April, 1997, is a well composed shot of the train. It also reminds me of a story where a friend, at that time, was travelling over the line regularly, and one day an old couple asked him about the train. He strongly advised them not to travel in the Pacer, but in the 156. They did so, and enjoyed the journey.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Like 7

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, David. That’s a fantastic set of photo’s of railways without trains in North Wales on the Cambrian and LNWR line to Blaenau Ffestiniog. The last photo’ at Roman Bridge, on the 23rd July, 2002, is a most enchanting, scenic view. 

The photo’s from trips to Scotland in 1973 and 1974, taken at Craigendoran, are a superb selection. J3333, of Class 303 043, on a Helensburgh to Airdrie service, in August, 1973, is a delightful and well composed shot of a Blue Train before the cabs were disfigured with the vandal proof replacement outer cab windows.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

You did well to get some of those shots Dave - the fact that you can see the light from the destination blind and marker lights shows how dark it was!

• Like 4
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Gold
13 minutes ago, keefer said:

You did well to get some of those shots Dave - the fact that you can see the light from the destination blind and marker lights shows how dark it was!

I was using Agfa CT18 slide film which was ASA (ISO) 50 then so it was quite surprising to me they came out so well.

David

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, David. That’s a great set of photo’s of Switzerland again this at Emmenbrücke just north of Luzern, on the 3rd August, 1988. C10076, of Ee3/3, 16410, is a most delightful portrait shot of the locomotive.

The photo’s at Ardwick in Manchester, from January, 1972, are a superb selection, and, as stated, show a typical day with that dull and cold weather. C0785, of Class 506, M59601, on a Manchester Piccadilly to Hadfield service, is a great photo’, and the cab front of the EMU is just so stark, adding to the gloomy conditions. 

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, corneliuslundie said:

C3719: I like the range of hats - and is that actually a jacket with a high vis shoulder area?

Jonathan

Yes, it really is.  

David

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, David. That’s a great set of photo’s of Carlisle. C9420, of 85020, on a down empty steel train, on the 12th April, 1988, is a well composed photo’, and there appears to be a light out in what was the headcode box.

The Laindon photo’s, on on the London Tilbury and Southend line, are of great interest. The last photo’ of 302243, on a Fenchurch St to Shoeburyness working, in May, 1979, is a superb shot of the train going about it’s everyday work without any fanfare.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, beast66606 said:

Port Gordon ?

Yes, a typo.

I've corrected it, many thanks for letting me know about it.

David

Edited by DaveF
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, brushman47544 said:

J5418 is 87019, not 87025. J5417 could be 87025 if you have transcribed the details incorrectly.

Thanks, you are right.  I'm going to blame Dad for this one as it is one of his photos and I took the caption from his notes.

David

Edited by DaveF