Dave F's photos - ongoing - more added each day

David,

Please take as long as you need, we will miss the photos, but we are not as important as anyones Mum.

I wish her a speedy recovery.

Andy G

I will second that. I'm sure we all appreciate the time and effort you put into this thread.

Mark.

Hi Dave,

Hope your Mam makes a speedy recovery.

The wife's Grandma was in the Cramlington Hosp for a new hip and they looked after her well until the private ambulance firm which transfers patients from there to the Wansbeck, took her in one of their ambulances and did not strap her in properly.

After the Driver braked sharply she fell out of the wheel chair and damaged her new hip and cracked her neck and has now being in hospital for 5 months.

My advice is when your mam needs transferring make sure you are there and she is secure in the ambulance.

I'll look forward to when you can resume normal service, especially for the NE photo's.

Regards

Chris

Guest B Exam

I echo everybodies comments for a speedy recovery for your mum.

I'll miss my daily fix of nostalgia, but there are more important things in life than a few photos.

Take care and all the best.

• RMweb Gold

Just come from your European Photo's thread, Dave, and here, I will wish your Mum a full and speedy recovery. My Mum could not manage after her fall in late March last year, and is now in a care home.

Warm wishes,

Rob.

David - please pass on my Best Wishes to your Mum.

We've been through similar experiences with ageing Parents/In Laws for the last few years and have some idea of how you must feel.

Post away when you have the time and feel up to it. Your photos always bring great pleasure to me and many Forum members, but don't worry - we're a patient lot  :yes: !

Hope things work out well for you and the family.

Best Wishes, John.

It's a while since I've posted many photos, so I thought it is time to have a new ongoing thread.  The photos were, as usual, all taken by either Dad or I from  the early 50s to the present day.  The quality will vary depending on the condition of the original slide, the camera and film used.  I'll try to avoid ones I've used before.

Some are taken from my sets on flickr, others are ones I am still working on having scanned some years ago.  The locations will probably be fairly random.

Other threads of my photos include:

Dad's black and white photos:

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/69274-dave-f-more-photos-added-21-june-from-1947-to-1955ish/

This is a newish thread covering France, Germany, Switzerland, Austria, Denmark etc (or at least it covers bits of them!):

http://www.rmweb.co....-19th-may-2015/

A short thread:

http://www.rmweb.co....h-january-2014/

My own black and white photos:

http://www.rmweb.co....-30th-december/

I'll start today with a few from the Lune Gorge etc and Shap.

attachicon.gifd Beckfoot Class 50 D402 Euston to Glasgow, work on M6 in background April 68 J1258.jpg

Beckfoot Class 50 D402 Euston to Glasgow, work on M6 in background April 68 J1258

attachicon.gifd Beckfoot Class 50 D405 Glasgow to Manchester April 68 J1264.jpg

Beckfoot Class 50 D405 Glasgow to Manchester April 68 J1264

attachicon.giff Low Gill Class 47 Manchester to Glasgow April 68 J1265.jpg

Low Gill Class 47 Manchester to Glasgow April 68 J1265

attachicon.gifh Dillicar troughs LMS Class 5 down goods Aug 65 J308.jpg

Dillicar troughs LMS Class 5 down goods Aug 65 J308

attachicon.gifk Greenholme 37379 & 37373 down cement 24th Aug 90 C15316.jpg

Greenholme 37379 & 37373 down cement 24th Aug 90 C15316

David

Look at the consist of the Glasgow Manchester trains..including a restaurant car.

Now the only through service is a TP emu.

• RMweb Gold

Can only echo what other posters have said Dave

Your mum is far more important than these images - wonderful though they are!

Cramlington is said to be an excellent unit - am sure she will get the best possible care - don't forget to look after yourself too though!

Phil

Thoughts are with you and with your Mum. I had the same thing happen to my Mum, who is 89, back in September. She fell and fractured her right femur, just below a hip replacement that she had in July 2014. Well on the mend now, walking with a single stick and looking after herself again, so I hope that you can report the same progress yourself in a few months time.

Thank you for the hours of entertainment that you have provided on this thread over the past eighteen months but, as others have said, family must take priority.

With best wishes.

Hi Dave,

I'm really sorry to hear of your mums fall, please pass on my best wishes for a speedy recovery and as already said look after yourself too, as you know I'm in the same town so if there is anything at all I can help with please let me know.

Best wishes to you both.

Michael

• RMweb Gold

My former home patch was on the West Anglia route, so I grew up with what became classes 302, 305, 307 and 308. We even had a few 304s for a while too. It must be a sign of advancing years, but what used to be everyday and incredibly mundane now makes me feel quite nostalgic.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Glad things have moved on, the main thing is that your mum feels comfortable. Hope it works out for you both and don't think you have to do your thread its been great for us all and as I've said before cheered me up during some dark days but the needs of your family far outweigh this.

• RMweb Gold

Hi, Dave. Again thank you for the photo's you have posted today of the L.T.&S.R. They are beautiful shots, and I like the way the second man and guard both have their heads hanging out of the windows in the third photo.

Also, as I said in the European thread, I hope your Mum will soon be transferred to the local hospital, and that she will soon be back home, fully recovered.

Warmest regards,

Rob.

• RMweb Gold

Hi, Dave. Again thank you for the photo's you have posted today of the L.T.&S.R. They are beautiful shots, and I like the way the second man and guard both have their heads hanging out of the windows in the third photo.

Also, as I said in the European thread, I hope your Mum will soon be transferred to the local hospital, and that she will soon be back home, fully recovered.

Warmest regards,

Rob.

There were a lot of lineside fires at that location in the summer of 1976, rain crews got into the habit of looking closely at the vegetation as they passed.  At the time it was suggested that the fires were caused by sparks from heavy braking by some trains - as the plants were tinder dry.  Other sources suggested it was children with matches.  The truth is probably a bit of both.

I can remember sitting in my flat in Basildon at night watching the fires burning in the Langdon Hills during that summer.

David