Dave F's photos - ongoing - more added each day

• RMweb Gold

Nice set again Dave when you see the gantry over 3&4 middle its obvious why searchlights were used to aid visibility under the GC bridge. A legacy which lasted until 2013 long after the bridge had gone.

• RMweb Gold

Hi, Dave. Excellent photo's of Nottingham. You have really captured the station so well in them.

I see in C2251 that a former NER 4-car class 104 DMU has put in an appearance.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

Guest B Exam

Lovely shots of my hometown station David. I'm wallowing in nostalgia tonight!

I do miss the Peaks on the London services. A million times better than the fare thats dished up today!

Hello.

Rewinding a couple of pages - post #5435, picture J3305 of Class 26 5333 with yellow ends without the wraparound yellow on the cabside windows. A livery variation people have looked for previously.

Another "me too" for the enjoyment of the pictures that you take the time and make the effort to upload. Thank you once again.

David.

C6769 was on my route to school and it was always a delight to see a 37 at the crossing. I remember one day one of the wagons derailed and smashed a load of chairs and split the sleepers from the crossing to the junction at Newsham.

With my friends we used to play 'Knocky Door Ginger' on the houses on the left. There was one guy who even chased us in his car, he'd probably get locked up these days for harassment of a minor - Happy days!!!!

• Like 3

Always great to see local pics, thanks again for sharing Dave. I haven't seen many pics of Plessey Road crossing, so it's particularly good to see a BR Blue 37.

I drove along Plessey Road this afternoon and the scene hasn't changed much. (apart from the lack of the railway crossing, of course.)

Mal

Hello Dave,

You are definitely right about those new houses next to Malvin's Road, I think those homeowners  are going to have problems in the future.

It's always great to see pic's of Blyth, I remember it all so well, thanks for posting.

I hope that your mum is a bit more comfortable now.

Michael

• RMweb Gold

Hi, Dave. Some lovely photo's of the Severn Valley Railway, and of Blyth today. Plessey Road LC, is particularly nostalgic. I don't think you have scenes quite like that anymore.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

David, i have been on holiday of the Xmas period and have just spent the last hour and a half catching up on this thread,sorry to read about your mother and i hope she makes a good recovery. Unfortunately its one of those things that beset us all as we grow older,been there got the t shirt ,unfortunately.

You have provided excellent material for us all to view over the last year or so and i hope it continues ,but of course mum comes first.

I wish you and your mum all the best for 2016.

Don.

• RMweb Gold

Hi, Dave. A really lovely selection of photo's of the West Highland line today. I like the one of Crianlarich particularly so.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

Absolutely! Cracking scissors crossover....

Phil

• RMweb Gold

Hi, Dave. A great selection of photo's. I see in J1402 that the class 114 DMU does not have the first class marked out by the yellow stripe. Love seeing all the Iron Ore tipplers in C302.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• RMweb Gold

Excellent once again Dave, I find the pictures of the ironstone branches in that area amazing. They remind me of the Cleveland ironstone branches just 75 years later and with more modern loco's

• Like 1

Belvoir Junction on the Grantham to Nottingham line and Harlaxton quarries today.

The photos are similar to some already seen, but they are from different slides.

attachicon.gifk Harlaxton Quarries Class 14 shunting Iron Ore tipplers Aug 70 C302.jpg

Harlaxton Quarries Class 14 shunting Iron Ore tipplers Aug 70 C302

David

Excellent set of photos as always David. Especially like the shot showing the insides of the iron ore tipplers. Keep them coming. All the best for your Mums speedy recovery.

Paul J.