RMweb

Sheffield Exchange, Toy trains, music and fun!

Clive Mortimore

• RMweb Premium

No playing of trains today. I did do some more sleeper painting in the diesel yard, only about six foot of track needs painting now. Then on with the ballasting. :scared: :scared:

As there were no trains I give you the best ever punk song

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Brian Eno.

Allelujah.

A seismic shift has occurred, Clive has discovered real class, talent and ability.

Now try Here Come The Warm Jets.

Mike.

Hi Mike

This is this weeks discovery, the Wagakki Band

I find Brian Eno to be the person who missed the prog-rock train. He is talented but not to my taste.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

I find Brian Eno to be the person who missed the prog-rock train. He is talented but not to my taste.

I like him for that very reason, whilst prog rock is my favouritist music, he explored obtuse alleyways and came up with ideas and collaborations which were interestingly different. His No Pussyfooting with Robert Fripp being a sign of things to come.

Mike.

Sorry Wooden

This song is nearly on a par with Bohemian R#######  

Blow the self censoring keyboard is still working.

Didn't pick it for the lyrics, if you let Mrs M see it, she might want to go on a pilgrimage to the Northeast to see them and you can go to the big smoke.

• RMweb Premium

Didn't pick it for the lyrics, if you let Mrs M see it, she might want to go on a pilgrimage to the Northeast to see them and you can go to the big smoke.

I am not too sure that is Mrs M thing, after 31 years of marriage I think I know her a little by now. Her idea of a good time is a glass of wine with her horsey mates, talking about horses.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I like him for that very reason, whilst prog rock is my favouritist music, he explored obtuse alleyways and came up with ideas and collaborations which were interestingly different. His No Pussyfooting with Robert Fripp being a sign of things to come.

Mike.

Hi Mike

He also got involved with bands That I thought showed promise and didn't once he helped them. That is just my opinion, yours could well be different which I will respect.

Lets have a little dance

Hi Mike

This is this weeks discovery, the Wagakki Band

This is the band mixing traditional Japanese instruments and themes with heavy rock.

My old mate Jason had sent me a video of this lot. Marvellous!!!!

Once again, the curse of the Japanese import high price rears its ugly head!!!

I know, I know, use the internet, but I'm old school, and like albums!!!

I might treat myself to a cd by Band Maid or these folk for a Christmas present!!!

Brian Eno is a genius. I stil find No Pussyfooting too difficult to get into fully!!!

I am seeing Fripp in November, all being well, when Crimson tour again!!

C.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

This is the band mixing traditional Japanese instruments and themes with heavy rock.

My old mate Jason had sent me a video of this lot. Marvellous!!!!

Once again, the curse of the Japanese import high price rears its ugly head!!!

I know, I know, use the internet, but I'm old school, and like albums!!!

I might treat myself to a cd by Band Maid or these folk for a Christmas present!!!

Brian Eno is a genius. I stil find No Pussyfooting too difficult to get into fully!!!

I am seeing Fripp in November, all being well, when Crimson tour again!!

C.

Green eyed monster here.

Have you tried the 2008 remix of No Pussyfooting? If you thought the original a tad testing, then a partly half speed/partly reversed version should do the trick, it's like drugs without the drugs when you've heard the original!

Mike.

• Like 1

Green eyed monster here.

Have you tried the 2008 remix of No Pussyfooting? If you thought the original a tad testing, then a partly half speed/partly reversed version should do the trick, it's like drugs without the drugs when you've heard the original!

Mike.

Lord and Lady!!!!!

Sounds intriguing, I'll have to give it a shot!!

As regards the Japanese bands, the tax dodging Amazon could be my friend!!!

Used cds for a lot less dosh!!

C.

I am not too sure that is Mrs M thing, after 31 years of marriage I think I know her a little by now. Her idea of a good time is a glass of wine with her horsey mates, talking about horses.

She should enjoy talking about most of Gresley’s A3’s then.

Have you tried talking to her about Minoru or Persimmon ? She might start to see you in a completely different light !

• Like 1

26 years with Mrs W and the other night when i showed her the video she was off again.

Wish I could have that much hair....and bigger arms.....and could play the guitar

• RMweb Premium

Twice the fun with Siouxsie Siouxx and her boys

My word I had such a crush on her when I were a lad.   

Despite being a huge Banshees fan in the early days I do find the stuff from the mid 80s on wards not as good.

Let us dance to this tune

• Like 3

Hi Jim

What does he want with one of them? Hasn't he already got a GNR one that doesn't match any of his other stock?

Hi Clive,

I think you're right, he also has a blue Pullman set which I don't think has ever run complete!.

Taking your thread title in parts: 

'Toy Trains'; the basic subject of RM Web (though there seem to be many non railway threads).

'Music'; your and others' choices on here are from a time when my fairly limited musical interest waned even further!

'and fun'; we'll call it 'interest and fun'. A slightly tenuous example in the 'interest and fun' part was at Scaleforum recently. I bought a number of Comet coach sides for LMS catering stock and a few others plus various other parts. On Bill Hudson's book stand was a 3 volume set 'LMS Standard Coaching Stock' in good condition - a rare find and certainly of interest. It wasn't cheap but a bit of bargaining helped ease the cost.

Its the most I've spent at a show for a fair time certainly without a loco purchase but no fun for the finances!

Jim.

• RMweb Premium

Hi Clive,

I think you're right, he also has a blue Pullman set which I don't think has ever run complete!.

Taking your thread title in parts: 

'Toy Trains'; the basic subject of RM Web (though there seem to be many non railway threads).

'Music'; your and others' choices on here are from a time when my fairly limited musical interest waned even further!

'and fun'; we'll call it 'interest and fun'. A slightly tenuous example in the 'interest and fun' part was at Scaleforum recently. I bought a number of Comet coach sides for LMS catering stock and a few others plus various other parts. On Bill Hudson's book stand was a 3 volume set 'LMS Standard Coaching Stock' in good condition - a rare find and certainly of interest. It wasn't cheap but a bit of bargaining helped ease the cost.

Its the most I've spent at a show for a fair time certainly without a loco purchase but no fun for the finances!

Jim.

Hi Jim

I have the LMS coaches books, in not so good condition, especially volume 3. Its got the non gangway coaches and the LMS contribution to the "Modern Image", those lovely Merseyside sliding door stock. They were light years ahead of the BR standard EMUs but that is what you get when you subcontract the design work to Eastleigh. Anyhow why are you buying them surely Colin's library is still open to all club members.

You will have stripped the donor coach side and cut the windows out, be ready to apply the glue to the back of the Comet side and a new post will appear on RMweb.....Hornby Announce LMS catering cars. :swoon:

When they are done post some photos on here so we can see them.

Keith's Blue Pullman, wasn't there some problem with the decoders not wanting to co-operate with each other? I had my Midland Pullman running a few weeks ago. It still has its knurled wheels and didn't really like the point work (and the points weren't so keen on it) . That was something I couldn't do on Hanging Hill or Exchange Mk1. Has Keith finished the A3 he was testing on the club layout in the cellar when I first joined in 1980? :locomotive:

Edited by Clive Mortimore
  • Like 1