Sheffield Exchange, Toy trains, music and fun!

Clive Mortimore

• RMweb Premium

I had to goggle who David Brent was. :scratchhead:

Never watched an episode. I don't find him as funny as I am told he is supposed to be.

I found him funny in the early days but then I think it went to his head.

Hi Jim

I have the LMS coaches books, in not so good condition, especially volume 3. Its got the non gangway coaches and the LMS contribution to the "Modern Image", those lovely Merseyside sliding door stock. They were light years ahead of the BR standard EMUs but that is what you get when you subcontract the design work to Eastleigh. Anyhow why are you buying them surely Colin's library is still open to all club members.

You will have stripped the donor coach side and cut the windows out, be ready to apply the glue to the back of the Comet side and a new post will appear on RMweb.....Hornby Announce LMS catering cars. :swoon:

When they are done post some photos on here so we can see them.

Keith's Blue Pullman, wasn't there some problem with the decoders not wanting to co-operate with each other? I had my Midland Pullman running a few weeks ago. It still has its knurled wheels and didn't really like the point work (and the points weren't so keen on it) . That was something I couldn't do on Hanging Hill or Exchange Mk1. Has Keith finished the A3 he was testing on the club layout in the cellar when I first joined in 1980? :locomotive:

Hi Clive,

I have the single volume LMS coaches so considered the 3 volume set a bit extravagant so never bought it. LMS coaching stock was generally very standardised so I thought the original was enough. I need my own copies as my progress can be spasmodic.Those EMUs you mention and the similar LNER designs were I believe the result of joint thinking. The Southern didn't seem to get beyond joined up stagecoaches in their designs!

A new announcement is always a risk nowadays, it happened with the LMS suburban coaches both of us done from Airfix lavatory stock. I have some GWR non corridors started years ago and ready for painting that I should finish off.

Posting photos? that will be something new for me. I'll give it a go sometime soon but don't hold your breath!

Keith's blue Pullman did have decoder issues on DCC and DC and it seemed complicated to couple up. His A3, a K1 and a Q1 I don't think have progressed any further.

Jim

• RMweb Premium

Was she?

That must be the worst film clip I have ever seen anywhere anytime......but was I surprised? Nah! Do I go on to say what I really think? Nah! That is because I am still trying to contain the vomit........................

Yo doody Morty. Freedom and a living/working wage for Ducks. bring on the Revolution and train me to flap my way to power.

Ar$£ Bandits (a local band in Plymouth in 1971). 

Edited by Mallard60022

That must be the worst film clip I have ever seen anywhere anytime......but was I surprised? Nah! D I go on to say what I really think? Nah! That is because I am still trying to contain the vomit........................

Yo doody Morty. Freedom and a living/working wage for Ducks. bring on the Revolution and train me to flap my way to power.

I still prefer the original myself !

post-20303-0-08427700-1538736101.png

Ooooh! Betty

That must be the worst film clip I have ever seen anywhere anytime......but was I surprised? Nah! D I go on to say what I really think? Nah! That is because I am still trying to contain the vomit........................

And furthermore I'd rather put hemorrhoid cream on my cornflakes than watch "IT" do "THAT " again ever !

• RMweb Premium

And furthermore I'd rather put hemorrhoid cream on my cornflakes than watch "IT" do "THAT " again ever !

No one can remember what she said in her speech but will remember the "Dancing Queen", you have to make your last party conference speech as leader memorable.  :sungum:  :sungum: 

• RMweb Premium

Didn't she mention something about the end of steam locos, or was that just Austerities...

Oh I could get all political but I won't mention something that didn't work.

Not sure Stu, I was completely mesmerised by her moves.......the trickcyclist who looks after me reckons I won't recover until after March next year after she has gone. Well that is what he hopes.