OO Gauge class 71 Electric Locomotive

DJM Dave

Hope everyone involved with this thread will vote for the French boat train rolling stock in the 2016 wishlist poll.....they would, in OO scale, be a really superb addition to a SR themed layout when we will also have classy 71's available. The HO coaches and fourgons  really don't look the part at all.

I'm no computer expert but what is all this about adverts blocking script and pop ups? I have windows 10 (and quite like it now I've sorted out my laptop's driver issues) running on Google (the younger generation told me to get rid of internet explorer - prone to hacking I'm told) and I  can read the article about E5001 restoration without any problems. Good to see one of the class is there to remind some of us 'old gits' of times past.

• RMweb Premium

I have windows 10.....and I  can read the article about E5001 restoration without any problems

In which case you don't have an ad blocker (which may or may not be called AdBlocker) and you needn't worry.  I would be far more concerned about your potential vulnerability running IE.  Best of all you will soon be able to run a class 71 as well ;)

Good to see one of the class is there to remind some of us 'old gits' of times past.

A preserved '74' (or HA, for us old gits) would be better though, as it'd be more likely to be restored to running condition.

Tin hat at the ready :)

Edited by leopardml2341

• 1 month later...

Hi Dave, what's the latest news on the class 71's please, i had a chat with you at the Fareham show on the 1st October and apart from the weathered versions that you were unhappy with the pristine ones looked good, need to throw some dosh in your direction :-)

Yes, me to on this, really need to see them soon if possible please

Yes, me to on this, really need to see them soon if possible please

Hi guys,

These are in production and I'm hoping for pictures showing this sometime later this week.

Once they are ready to ship I'll post here and on my web site, plus send some press releases out, and also mention the ship so you can follow it to Blighty.

This is for Crowdfunded models only as the retail ones to Hattons / Kernow are pending as well, but may or may not be subject to a different delivery time.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Dave

• Like 2

Hi guys,

These are in production and I'm hoping for pictures showing this sometime later this week.

Once they are ready to ship I'll post here and on my web site, plus send some press releases out, and also mention the ship so you can follow it to Blighty.

This is for Crowdfunded models only as the retail ones to Hattons / Kernow are pending as well, but may or may not be subject to a different delivery time.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Dave

Great new Dave,thanks for the update.

Hi guys,

For those attending Warley I can confirm that Kernow will have the decorated Class 71's (the ones with the wrong cab door handrails) on display on their stand over the weekend.

Pop by for look and see what you think.
Cheers
Dave

• Like 1

Hi guys,

For those attending Warley I can confirm that Kernow will have the decorated (the ones with the wrong cab door handrails) on display on their stand over the weekend.

Pop by for a handle and see what you think.

Cheers

Dave

Cool, very nice that you giving away a free scale class 71 handle. People can now upgrade their Silver fox models.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Hi guys,

For those attending Warley I can confirm that Kernow will have the decorated Class 71's (the ones with the wrong cab door handrails) on display on their stand over the weekend.

Pop by for look and see what you think.

Cheers

Dave

But not the latest weathered ones.  These have apparently left China but are not close enough to be able to show at Warley.   

• 2 weeks later...

These must be due soon

Kernow & Hattons show delivery times as late this year

I make that less than 27 days

Dave any updates would be appreciated

Also any chance of updating the  product progress section on your web site, every month or 2 would be good (last one was in June)

John

These must be due soon

Kernow & Hattons show delivery times as late this year

I make that less than 27 days

Dave any updates would be appreciated

Also any chance of updating the  product progress section on your web site, every month or 2 would be good (last one was in June)

John

Hi John,

They are in production as I type this, and yes , sorry I'll update the progress chart today.

Thanks

Dave

So not here for Christmas again then :(

I didn't say that.

Actually I'm looking to fly the Kickstarter models in once done so to surprise everyone just before Christmas.......oh well, have to think of another way I suppose. Lol

Seriously though, that's my plans, but as we know, it's all about slip, cups and lips.

Cheers

Dave

• Like 2

I didn't say that.

Actually I'm looking to fly the Kickstarter models in once done so to surprise everyone just before Christmas.......oh well, have to think of another way I suppose. Lol

Seriously though, that's my plans, but as we know, it's all about slip, cups and lips.

Cheers

Dave

OK Dave, lol it will still be great and a surprise. Not getting at you at all just that the anticipation is driving me mad lol