OO Gauge class 71 Electric Locomotive

DJM Dave

Are we correct to assume that production of the DJ Models set of class 71 locos is set to take place/is currently taking place with delivery in 2-3 months time? 

My reading of these columns is 'he didn't say yes and he didn't say no - but he didn't say stop although he didn't say go'.

Think we are at a time where a date would be good to know.

I am sure that as and when production / delivery information is finalised it will be duly be made available, any speculation at this point of time (as per a recently reported and removed speculative post) is not in anyone's interest.

• RMweb Gold

It's a shame that the Mods have had to 'moderate' on this thread. I have one 'bought and paid for' and am happy to wait until it arrives. If one is that desperate to own a 71 cancel the order and go buy a Hornby one which is very nice indeed.

I was speaking recently with someone who is well connected with one of the major manufacturers who said that a few 'modelling punters' really have no idea just what is involved in the processes of producing models from China and elsewhere and also the constant rising costs of manufacture plus the limits of production runs. Railway models are apparently just a very small part of these companies output.

It's hardly a matter of life or death......so it will arrive when it does....!  :sungum:

Edited by Re6/6
  • Like 2

It's a shame that the Mods have had to 'moderate' on this thread. I have one 'bought and paid for' and am happy to wait until it arrives. If one is that desperate to own a 71 cancel the order and go buy a Hornby one which is very nice indeed.

I was speaking recently with someone who is well connected with one of the major manufacturers who said that a few 'modelling punters' really have no idea just what is involved in the processes of producing models from China and elsewhere and also the constant rising costs of manufacture plus the limits of production runs. Railway models are apparently just a very small part of these companies output.

It's hardly a matter of life or death......so it will arrive when it does....!  :sungum:

As an aside, I'm still awaiting confirmation of the production slot, but I think it will be once my J94's have completed in the factory.

Mind you I still am awaiting a revised set of deco samples for absolute (he says with fingers crossed) final approval for production.

Now, where are those ferry van plans I've got? ;-)

Cheers

Dave

• Like 8

.......   :sungum:

.........and despite being informed a multitude of times on this and other forums of these various issues.

Where's Billy Goat Gruff when you need him  :jester:

As an aside, I'm still awaiting confirmation of the production slot, but I think it will be once my J94's have completed in the factory.

Mind you I still am awaiting a revised set of deco samples for absolute (he says with fingers crossed) final approval for production.

Cheers

Dave

Did I read ferry vans, that is mouth watering. Saves me trying to work out how to scale up HO models.

Cheers

Dave

Just in case there's any doubt - these are the one's these we want  ....................... :yahoo:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=transfesa+blue+ferry+vans&rlz=1T4GGHP_enGB590GB591&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjvg8LQ7bnOAhVGAxoKHWjDCBoQ_AUICigD&biw=1078&bih=589#imgrc=7jWhG80Oasjp6M%3A

Edited by Southernman46
  • Like 3

With the livestock, or course!

Dave.

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Not seen mention of it before, but Dave has uploaded a exploded parts diagram for the Class 71 to his website: http://djmodels.co.uk/?page_id=253

Amazing just how many parts go into making one model these days.

​Apologies if this has already been mentioned.

Roy

Edited by Roy Langridge
  • Like 1

If anybody is interested I followed Roy's link to the exploded view of the Class 71 or is that a view of an exploded Class71, and I counted at least 18 parts to make a pantograph & 50 parts to make 1 complete bogie

The highest part number I could find was 93, with a lot of the parts being used 2 or more times I would guesstimate 200+ parts

Dave

if you read this, is there any updates regarding the progress of this model

the last update on this forum I saw was about 4 weeks ago

I am hoping that  it will be here soon

John

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Today at the Fareham show. 10 class 71's together for the first time

Looks nice...maybe for future weathered production runs you can use some wiper-masks over the windows? Cannot make out clearly from the pic but the windows look totally covered in dirt. There's only so much a 00 gauge driver can see :jester:

Cheers!

Looks nice...maybe for future weathered production runs you can use some wiper-masks over the windows? Cannot make out clearly from the pic but the windows look totally covered in dirt. There's only so much a 00 gauge driver can see :jester:

Cheers!

These weathered models were only received yesterday. And in my opinion they look rubbish!

Not acceptable, not looking like the Mercig master and seem like a YTS has done them with their first ever 'bash' with an airbrush.

In one word....... REJECTED!

• Like 2