Bachmann's Latest Collectors Club Model

Guest spet0114

Normally you are limited to one per member initially but this is opened up to a free for all once sales slow down. The idea is to give as many members the chance to buy one before they are snapped up for resale elsewhere.

However, I have never tried to see if this restriction is applied, you seem to be able to put more than one in your shopping basket and get as far as payment without being refused. Not needing more than one I didn't really want to try completing the purchase just to test the system!

I received the Caledonian Fowler a couple of weeks ago, but have only just received the DCC chip to drive it.

Removing the body to install the DCC chip was fairly straightforward with only three screws to remove from the chassis. Be warned that the body is in two parts; the boiler and the bunker. These are not glued together so separate in your hands. This is not a complaint, I was just a little surprised as the Farish instructions showed a single piece so wasn't expecting two!

The livery is very attractive but goes with nothing! I ran it in with an LMS inspector's saloon in tow as it had the plainest livery of my coaching stock.

post-12570-0-69145600-1450961473_thumb.jpg

My only gripe is that the driving wheels lock very easily, I had to remove the baseplate to free them following a derailment. 

• Like 2

Guest spet0114

Collected my 'Spectre' this afternoon. Very nice indeed.

LMS1.jpg

Overall, it's been a bit of a bumper year for LMS-liveried locos.

LMS2.jpg

Now all I need is one of those LMS-liveried 09s that Lima used to do. :)

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
Guest spet0114

According to the latest 'Trainmail', the next pair of Collectors Club models will be announced in the 2nd week of March. As that's not far off, would anyone care to engage in some lighthearted speculation about what they might be?

As the BCC models are usually derived from models that have reached the shops during the preceding few months, my fingers are crossed for another SECR C class variant.

Cheers

Adrian

I really haven’t much idea and I always get it wrong anyway. It would make sense to produce the Midland 1F in Midland livery. With the NRM Compound and the forthcoming 4F, we would have the makings of a stud of Midland locomotives.

What I should like would be wagons in triple packs. The single wagons in grouping liveries are useful but a triple pack in any of the four liveries would help to make up a more realistic train. Not one of each of three please! Even more welcome would be pre-grouping wagons to match any of the pre-grouping locomotives already released (even three more SE&C). The wagons used before are not altogether authentic but they are a good deal better than nothing.

Most of all, i’d like to see Midland wagons and a Midland brake van to go with the forthcoming Midland 4F. Perhaps next time, to co-incide with the 4F’s relase?

The livery is very attractive but goes with nothing! I ran it in with an LMS inspector's saloon in tow as it had the plainest livery of my coaching stock.

It goes with the ... er ... L&HR coaches. Whaddya mean they're not available from anywhere ?  

You can all draw your own conclusions as to exactly what shades of red and cream that was:

http://www.constructionphotography.com/Details.aspx?ID=50264&TypeID=1

Edited by Wheatley

• RMweb Premium

It will be a variant of something that's just been made or on route to us. I'd have a look at the list of forthcoming items that Andy gives and make your guesses from that . A C Class is indeed on the way.

• RMweb Premium

Hopefully the N gauge model will be a little more inspiring than the last few which to be honest have ranged from disappointing through to just naff.  I am not holding my breath however...

• RMweb Gold

Given the 50th anniversary of the closure of S&DJR looms next month, how about some S&D items.

3F or 4F in plain S&D black?

Midland brake van in S&D Grey?

Or how about a Midland 1p 0.4.4T as a new model........???!!

Rob

• Like 1

I received the Caledonian Fowler a couple of weeks ago, but have only just received the DCC chip to drive it.

Removing the body to install the DCC chip was fairly straightforward with only three screws to remove from the chassis. Be warned that the body is in two parts; the boiler and the bunker. These are not glued together so separate in your hands. This is not a complaint, I was just a little surprised as the Farish instructions showed a single piece so wasn't expecting two!

IMG_0079.jpg

My only gripe is that the driving wheels lock very easily, I had to remove the baseplate to free them following a derailment.

You could also try the sealink mk1! I have a picture of me in front of said coach with the Caledonian locomotive in 1984, I was only 5, but still to this day fancy an oo Fairburn in that livery. Seen a silly priced one eBay.

• 2 weeks later...

According to the Club website, “We are now putting the finishing touches to the Spring edition of the Bachmann Times (V16.3) and we expect this start arriving with members around the week beginning the 21st March 2016.” So no – just a little slippage.