Bachmann's Latest Collectors Club Model

Guest spet0114

• RMweb Premium

There is a OO gauge 'Intercity Exhibitions' Mk1 BSK in the cabinet at Ally Pally. No sign of any N gauge special not already announced though.

Edited by John M Upton

• RMweb Gold

00 Gauge : Two simultaneous releases..

BR Mk1 Exhibitions BSK £40

looks like this: http://paulbartlett.zenfolio.com/brexhibitiontrain/h5ad77ee#h5ad77ee

and  

Lined Black Patriot 45505 with "British Railways" on a fowler riveted tender, etched nameplate £165

looks like this: https://www.theimagefile.com/v/tp/326/177/7574441002_4_00-05-1949-45505-british.jpg

Both on sale today.

Some special offers on the stand.. buy the Sealink coaches + either the Exhibitions MK1 or the MK1 Pullman car you get a set of 3 collectors club wagons free, there was another offer around the class 20 / Patriot not sure which.

Bachmann has a members lounge open too (don't forget your membership card).. inside you will find various pre-prod samples including the painted USA tanks... looking fantastic in the flesh !

Have to admit the Patriot looks nice, but compared to 6229 being sold at 100 notes on another stand, price won the day but might think differently when the magazine arrives (that was on display also today, as was a production schedule through autumn).

Edited by adb968008

Guest spet0114

Bit of a sigh of relief - nothing to tempt me to splurge further in the same month that the Rapido APT is decimating my 'toys' fund...

Nice models though.

Cheers
Adrian

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Little information on this black Patriot has appeared on the pages of this forum to date. On Friday,I had my usual Collectors Club newsletter which urged a purchase soon as they were selling out fast .Oh dear......sales talk pressure

.....or genuine ?

I have in mind a purchase of this particular members' special.I remember urging someone to commission one a couple of years ago.Lo,one appears. Quite expensive but there it is.You want something exclusive....you pay for the privelege and bite the bullet.

Looking for an image of an example other than the one on the Collectors's Club website,Google swiftly winged in to ....guess where ?

Olivia's Trains of course. Analogue offered at £210 .This is a resale ( ? ) mark up of a mere £45.

In my naivety,would some worthy luminary explain to me how this occurs.Are Bachmann selling out perchance ? To whom ?

I would expect they are selling quickly, at first at least. It doesn't mean that they are going to sell out quickly. They tend to say "last few remaining" if it really is about to sell out.

As for Olivias, they may have bought a couple through Bachmann's Collectors' Club as members and are simply reselling them. (pure speculation on my part). After several months Bachmann have been known use their bigger retailers to shift the last few of slower selling models such as the Railfreight 85. I don't think we are there yet though with the Patriot.

I bought one, a nice model in a transition livery and not too difficult to install a DCC decoder.

• RMweb Gold

I would expect they are selling quickly, at first at least. It doesn't mean that they are going to sell out quickly. They tend to say "last few remaining" if it really is about to sell out.

As for Olivias, they may have bought a couple through Bachmann's Collectors' Club as members and are simply reselling them. (pure speculation on my part). After several months Bachmann have been known use their bigger retailers to shift the last few of slower selling models such as the Railfreight 85. I don't think we are there yet though with the Patriot.

I bought one, a nice model in a transition livery and not too difficult to install a DCC decoder.

The phrase used is "stocks are now limited " . It's been around for just over one month.

• RMweb Gold

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

Bachmann Collectors Club email just dropped into my inbox.  Two new club models are going to be announced.

To kick off the inevitable froth I predict that we shall see the usual pretty inaccurate wish listing and that N gauge will once again only get a paltry model by comparison.

And begin.....  :jester:

• RMweb Gold

Go on I'll take the bait...

"As the two items go hand in hand we have a special offer for customers wishing to buy both, plus we will be unveiling our 2016/17 exclusive membership wagon which is issued from 1st July onwards."

It's a model of Jack and Jill going up a hill and the new wagon is a water carrier ? :-)

A pair of 20s is the easiest guess, so it's probably not.

I'd like it to be Leander and Galatea, but they haven't "toured up and down the country", at least not Galatea.

Edited by adb968008

• RMweb Premium

Go on I'll take the bait...

"As the two items go hand in hand we have a special offer for customers wishing to buy both,

92220 and 66779?

• RMweb Premium

I understand GBRf have commission production of a model of 66779.

I wonder when - will it be in this year's large batch of 66s from Bachmann, or will it be next year or beyond if only commissioned recently?

Will they sell it themselves or through a retailer...

Edited by brushman47544

No doubt 

Bachmann Collectors Club email just dropped into my inbox.  Two new club models are going to be announced.

To kick off the inevitable froth I predict that we shall see the usual pretty inaccurate wish listing and that N gauge will once again only get a paltry model by comparison.

And begin.....  :jester:

No doubt will be something with a chimney and disappoint all the modern image modellers yet again...

• RMweb Premium

What about a special liveried inspection Saloon I see these are due soon maybe a Scotrail one and suitable ltd edition 37 or 47 to pull it.

Do that in N gauge and I will be first in the queue waving my credit card....