Bachmann's Latest Collectors Club Model

Guest spet0114

Bachmann Collectors Club email just dropped into my inbox.  Two new club models are going to be announced.

To kick off the inevitable froth I predict that we shall see the usual pretty inaccurate wish listing and that N gauge will once again only get a paltry model by comparison.

And begin.....  :jester:

Which may be because N gauge is only 10 % of the OO market, so it'll always be the bridesmaid I'm afriad

Details are now on the collectors club website for those either a) wanting to know or b) to avoid and await the magazine in the post ...

I think it is reasonable to assume that anyone not wanting to know would not be reading this thread and it is therefore ok to discuss the models.

A welcome modern image loco although I think a West Coast class 47 would have been even better as Bachmann have not previously produced one unlike the 37.

Hmm, may have to join the collectors club for that 37

I happen to think it's worth it even if you don't purchase Collectors' Club models, but that of course is just my opinion.

It's nice to see people interested in this offering.

• RMweb Premium

I think it is reasonable to assume that anyone not wanting to know would not be reading this thread and it is therefore ok to discuss the models.

A welcome modern image loco although I think a West Coast class 47 would have been even better as Bachmann have not previously produced one unlike the 37.

That's another of my fleet copied............

And the Pullmans..........

post-408-0-78136100-1464807012_thumb.jpg

There should be ploughs on 706, but I've been experimenting with couplings

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford

• RMweb Premium

950001 next then hopefully

If they can't get the buffers correct on 37706, I doubt they'll get 950001 right!

(37706 has "squared oval" at the No2 end)

The two Pullmans are 99347 and 99352 - this is 99352's current livery.... and has been since at least 2012

99348/350 would be better choices

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Yep, nothing for N gauge at all yet again.  Ah well.....

Hi John,

2 years ago the NGS sought expressions of interest for a number of possible "modern" limited edition commissions - Carillion Autoballlaster, Network Rail Mk1, Chcolate and Cream Mk2 and.... Mk1 Pullman in WCRC. It was published here, in the NGS journal and on the NGF.

Even though the minimum order from Bachmann is 500, we told the NGS's 6000-odd members that provided 300 members stepped forward (with no deposit required) we would go for it.

The most popular choice was the Autoballaster with, IIRC, 83 expressions of interest. The WCRC Mk1 (which I thought would be a lovely model) scraped barely two dozen.

Needless to say the project was abandoned!

My understanding is that, excluding seasonal train set sales, the N Gauge market is closer to 20% of the OO market but it is still just a small fraction.

Cheers

Ben A.

This is an interesting release which I will look forward to seeing at showcase hopefully on the Bachmann stand. Never thought I'd see the Pullmans released like that but will make a cracking addition to my WCRC mk1 fleet.

Mark

£134.95 for two mark 1 coaches, am i missing something here?.

They are the Pullmans with lighted table lamps  In the regular range (umber & cream) they are RRP £68.95 each

Edited by thebritfarmer

• RMweb Premium

They are the Pullmans with lighted table lamps  In the regular range (umber & cream) they are RRP £68.95 each

This is the same coach for £26...

Railtec do the decals, Precision do the paint...........

Anyone can do the maths.

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford