Bachmann's Latest Collectors Club Model

Guest spet0114

If they do sell out fast, Bachmann have at least 2 more bites of the cherry doing Birch Grove in Umber livery as preserved.

The loco was first painted as such in 1963. However the collectors club model is not accurate for 1963, due - at least - to the little valves on the smoke box saddle (not there in 1963 photos) and 473 being in big painted numbers on the bunker, rather than in a little painted within a disc logo. However as such, she did run on BR metals a few times.

The second is more recent, like this model only with umber wheels instead of black as someone posted a photo.

It is certain Birch Grove was preserved due to the link of the Hamlet near Horsted Keynes.Although some sources say this is a coincidence.

Bachmann then have late BR livery too.

• 1 month later...

Arcadia in Shaw have some Collectors' Club models. They have the Pool tanker wagons and I did see the class 85 a while ago. Bolton Model Mart have some of the class 85s (and I saw the Jinty there in the past). I think Ian Allen in Manchester have also had the Jinty and the class 03 editions too in the past.

• RMweb Premium

I would like to buy a model of Birch Grove as I have fond memories of the locomotive hauling my train on the Bluebell Railway. I don't want to join the Bachmann Collectors Club just to buy one model so I will have to manage without unless it finds its way to retailers.

Unlikely I'm afraid. The Bachmann TrainMail email of 22 October said they were already down to 50 models left (presumably from 500) so it's unlikely to be available for much longer.

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Email just arrived - a N and a OO scale Collectors Club model to be revealed at Warley.

The N gauge one is in stock and will be available to buy at Warley.

....and cue the froth!!!

• RMweb Premium

I am hoping that the N gauge model is something a bit better than the rather dull nee naff coach we got last time. We are well overdue a loco or three now.

Edited by John M Upton

The latest Trainmail has this titbit by way of a clue: "The writing's on the wall for our next OO scale model which is certain to be popular".

Something covered in graffiti perhaps?

Or 'last days of operation' themed.

The latest Trainmail has this titbit by way of a clue: "The writing's on the wall for our next OO scale model which is certain to be popular".

A shed wall perhaps?

I'm thinking one of the various Class 66's which appear to have been decorated as part of a primary school art project.

• RMweb Gold

007 perhaps?

Phil

So the next 00 gauge club model is class 08601 'Spectre' in LMS Black livery as announced in the Warley News thread.

This is a nice addition to the 1980's station pilots theme (Birmingham New Street) with Modelzone/Invicta having previously released models of 08721 (Manchester Piccadilly) and 08833 (London Liverpool Street).

Were there any others that could be added to this list in future? Were there LNER apple and GWR green 08s used as station pilots?