Hornby announce Maunsell S15

Andy Y

• RMweb Gold

Well it has surfaced.On ebay this morning. Those of you with high blood pressure,cardiac complaints or of a nervous disposition look away.Not our Antipodean friend this time.Amongst other Hornby items similarly stratospherically priced and purporting to be in UK warehouses,the business "address" and mobile number are located in Tel Aviv.The box illustrations are authentic enough.

Why is this allowed to happen ? That's intended as a rhetorical question...no answers needed. And yes,I realise it's a "global economy" and no,you cannot effectively police the internet and ebay will not want to know. But is it possible that someone at Hornby UK can achieve a more effective grip on supply and distribution than this ? It's a beautiful and eagerly awaited model.A shame it seems to have had such a first sighting as this.See for youselves.

• Like 1

Storage is indeed an issue, even for those of us with no need to conceal what might be construed by certain persons as extravagance. :sungum:

It's been just as much a factor in my becoming more selective about what I buy as increasing prices.

John

How right. Once I would have offered a back tooth for a second choice of ex-LSWR tank (after the Triang-Rovex M7). Now I have a choice of acceptable Drummond M7s on the second owner market, soon to be joined by a multitude of Adams types. We can even pick and choose our liveries. And I expect that I will.

PB

• RMweb Premium

Well it has surfaced.On ebay this morning. Those of you with high blood pressure,cardiac complaints or of a nervous disposition look away.Not our Antipodean friend this time.Amongst other Hornby items similarly stratospherically priced and purporting to be in UK warehouses,the business "address" and mobile number are located in Tel Aviv.The box illustrations are authentic enough.

Why is this allowed to happen ? That's intended as a rhetorical question...no answers needed. And yes,I realise it's a "global economy" and no,you cannot effectively police the internet and ebay will not want to know. But is it possible that someone at Hornby UK can achieve a more effective grip on supply and distribution than this ? It's a beautiful and eagerly awaited model.A shame it seems to have had such a first sighting as this.See for youselves.

Well there is this one "In the UK":

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-Hornby-Gauge-Maunsell-S15-Class-Early-BR-Steam-Locomotive-/231687911646?hash=item35f1acf8de

Keith

• RMweb Premium

This is what happens when you don't employ Bachmann's policy of "no UK retail premiss - no Bachmann products". They are also quite active in taking action / publicising the names of those who try and get round the policy.

From a economist and City (of London) shareholders perspective such terms would be perceived as "restrictive" and "not offering the best return for shareholders" - who only seem  to care about making a quick buck these days and to hell with the consequences.

Bachmann being a small part of a much larger overseas organisation are thankfully immune from such pressures.

• Like 1

Amazon claim to have 2 in stock!

It will be delivered between the 18th & 21st September.

But the supplier is Jadlam Racing.

Haven't we heard that name before? :scratchhead:

Keith

Yes, it has cropped up once or twice on here.

From personal experience when buying a couple of Slot Car items, they are pretty good.

Edited by TheSoutherner

• 2 weeks later...

Just had this notification from Hattons:

Our latest information from the supplier suggests this item will arrive with us on or after Thursday 29th October 2015

cheers,

Keith

Keith, was this for the "Early Crest"??

The email I received today was as follows;

Hornby R3329 Class S15 4-6-0 30830 in BR black with late crest £124.99

Our latest information from the supplier suggests this item will arrive with us on or after Friday 2nd October 2015

Just wondering if we're closing in on both - with the late crest getting here first, ironically! :jester: 

• RMweb Gold

Sorry Ian, I should have posted the full message:

We thought you may like to know that an item you have asked us to notify when it arrives into stock, has had some information about its release date added or updated.

Hornby R3327 Class S15 4-6-0 824 in Southern Railway olive green £124.99

Our latest information from the supplier suggests this item will arrive with us on or after Thursday 29th October 2015

all the best,

Keith

Hopefully Hornby will distribute the S15 models in the same manner that they did with the D16s, which was despatching them to retailers so they arrived on the same day or next,  as the date they released them on their own website. If it goes that way, the BR liveried examples should be delivered to the shops from this Friday, although interestingly, no Australian based RMwebbers have reported them as on sale in Australia yet, which happened with the last 3 new releases (D16, Crosti and Drummond 700)

Sorry Ian, I should have posted the full message:

We thought you may like to know that an item you have asked us to notify when it arrives into stock, has had some information about its release date added or updated.

Hornby R3327 Class S15 4-6-0 824 in Southern Railway olive green £124.99

all the best,

Keith

Keith,

No problem, just that sometimes it seems there are contradicting emails sent out so I was just checking.

Should also have checked the Hornby Web site I see, especially since that's where I have my pre-order <doh> no accounting for old age/stupidity I guess :)

Hattons are still saying on or after 2nd September. Only two days away. What are the chances?

I'm leaning towards after.

Glenn

Not the end of the world obviously but Hornby website now showing delivery of the BR late crest S15 being the 4th of November. :(

Really been looking forward to this, just have to be more patient.

At least when it does eventually arrive in 'December' I can give it straight to the wife and say here is your Christmas present to me to be wrapped and put under the tree!

Maybe the problem is that Dave Jones has booked up every ship available with O2's!!!   :O

Regards G.

Sod it :(

Glad you Early Crest folks are getting rewarded, but bit of a pain to have another month to wait for mine (Late Crest) now - too bad as I switched from early to late, and really can't justify two on the layout <sigh>

EDIT: Oh well, seems it won't cause the "original" problem of two orders arriving simultaneously as I now see they have pushed back the estimated delivery of "Okehampton" to Jan 24th. <BAH HUMBUG>

Edited by Ian Abel