Inspection Saloon

Chameleon

Hi BR(S)

The vent is immediately above the 'INT' on this side and there is another on the other side, diagonally opposite this one. The central end window is also different in as much as the drop light is completely removed and the whole opening is than glazed.

On your earlier post of the two at Chester, the one on the right is one of the Kitchen Car rebuilds (four were done, the latter two which became DB999503/4 differed from the first two) which had a slightly different window/door arrangement on one side from the Bachmann model and therefore would need a bit of 'cut and shuffle' to produce a model.

cheers

Mike

Edited by Ressaldar

Hi,

Got my Blue/Grey version a couple of days ago - ideal for my layout 'Kinlochewe'. Will post pics soon - after some tasteful ' weathering ' :nono: ! What say's you? :sungum: !

p.s. When used in the ScR - were they often propelled? or will I need to run round !

Bill.

• RMweb Gold

They spent about half of their time propelled, plenty about that in this thread including my post #229 earlier today, and in the thread titled Inspection Sallon Working http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/88795-inspection-saloon-working/&do=findComment&comment=1541035

Edited by TheSignalEngineer

Just been into my local model shop and they'd had a delivery from Bachmann of both the LMS and BR maroon liveried inspection saloons. The frothing is nearly over. The BR Maroon looks superb, but I haven't got mine out of the box yet.

Edit: to confirm one of the released versions is in BR Maroon

Edited by rembrow
  • Like 2

Just picked up my BR version of this model from my local model shop. A very nice model.

Many thanks to those who have posted valuable information and photos regarding the various liveries, and where to fit the detail parts supplied with the model, and how to separate the body from the chassis.

One question for Bachmann..... Why couldn't you provide an information sheet with the model showing how to separate the body and how to fit the detailing parts and part numbers for the various parts of the coach?? Surely a sheet of paper and some printed information wouldn't have ruined your profit margins?

• Agree 1

One question for Bachmann..... Why couldn't you provide an information sheet with the model showing how to separate the body and how to fit the detailing parts and part numbers for the various parts of the coach?? Surely a sheet of paper and some printed information wouldn't have ruined your profit margins?

Who knows............Maybe they expect modellers to behave like modellers. :scratchhead:

• Like 1

One question for Bachmann..... Why couldn't you provide an information sheet with the model showing how to separate the body and how to fit the detailing parts and part numbers for the various parts of the coach??

I agree, an information sheet would have been useful.

There are four clips on each side that clip into the glazing. So, first of all, try to seperate the step handrails (both mine broke); turn it upside down; use some force to pull the coach sides outwards; insert a couple of bits of card between the chassis and the body and it should then just fall off.

As for the detailing parts Tigger has explained it in post #193 on page 8 of this topic.

By the way, I'd like to paint/detail the inside of mine, so I was wondering if anybody has any photos of the interrior of one of these coaches? 

Hi just a heads up for others who may be interested, I have just ordered one of these form Rails of Sheffield, and up to midnight tonight they are doing free postage on orders over £50.00, so I have just ordered a Blue Grey version for £50.96 with the postage for free, but the website says they are on order at the moment .... but it saves £4.00 postage, many a mickle make a muckle and all that nonsense as the saying goes.

Happy modelling

Craig.

Edited by muddys-blues
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi. Got into York and Monk Bar Models on Saturday, and bought the BR maroon Inspection Saloon. Sadly, it was the last one - they sold all of them on Saturday along with the BR Blue and Grey models, so if anyone would like either of these, unfortunately, it is case of trying a different retailer. It does seem they are selling quickly, so do not wait around for them!

Now here's a photo' I've taken of the BR maroon Saloon on the layout - have not had chance to fit the detailing parts as yet.

post-22631-0-06045400-1408996900_thumb.jpg.

All the best,

Market65.

• Like 5

Continuing the theme of a prototype for everything.....has anyone any evidence of this happening in reality? I think its plausible and I quite like the combination :locomotive: attachicon.gifMLV Inspection Saloon 1.jpgattachicon.gifMLV Inspection Saloon 2.jpg

I like it too. Sort of plausible, and technically possible, but in reality much more likely a to be 73 with a saloon. I saw lots of MLVs in blue/grey, but never with a saloon. I saw lots of 73s too, a few with saloons.

Equally unlikely-sounding, I also photographed the high speed recording coach 999550 sandwiched between two 2-HAP units mid-1980s in Rochester, but that's another story.

Edited by eastwestdivide

The email I received from Rails specifically excludes forthcoming releases and on-order items from the free postage offer.

Hi just a heads up for others who may be interested, I have just ordered one of these form Rails of Sheffield, and up to midnight tonight they are doing free postage on orders over £50.00, so I have just ordered a Blue Grey version for £50.96 with the postage for free, but the website says they are on order at the moment .... but it saves £4.00 postage, many a mickle make a muckle and all that nonsense as the saying goes.

Happy modelling

Craig.