Dave F's photos - ongoing - more added each day

• RMweb Gold

Hi, Dave. Excellent photo's of the Grantham to Nottingham line, a good example of a cross country line. When there are no trains visible, you can really see how the railway cuts through the countryside. In C197, there is a nice wintry scene complete with the two class 20's.

With warmest regards.

Rob.

Another Great Northern line today, this time between Grantham and Nottingham.

attachicon.gifba Allington junction view of line to Barkston from new A1 July 70 J2148.jpg

Allington junction view of line to Barkston from new A1 July 70 J2148

David

A lot more railway there now. I wonder if there's an up to date picture taken from the same location on the net?

Edited by LNERGE

Another Great Northern line today, this time between Grantham and Nottingham.

attachicon.gifh Radcliffe on Trent (east of) Sept 69 J2003.jpg

Radcliffe on Trent (east of) Sept 69 J2003

This was originally 4 tracks, the lines which used to be on the left were the Joint LNWR/GNR lines from Leicester etc.

David

Was it near here there were lengths of experimental track and points leading to nowhere?

As others I love C197, thanks for keeping up the excellent daily updates. 

I wonder how far it came like that? A friend of mine who was a guard describes his trips from Toton being propelled in the fog as the most scariest experience of his life. On permissive lines he was taught always be ready to jump ship.

Took me a while to work out the 20s were propelling the brake van! Looks very cold stood there at Orston Lane crossing.

Bottesford West Jn box which can just be made out in the distance closed for good at the end of November 2015, with signalling transfered to Derby EMCC.

Also like the 20s at Radcliffe on Trent. Nothing much changed apart from the signal being removed on the left hand side under the resignalling undertaken in 2013.

Keep up the good work Dave!

Edited by B Exam

• RMweb Premium

The shot of Grantham seems to show one of the small Matisa track recording trolleys up on the platform on the left. I wonder how it got up there?

More cracking shots Dave, Thanks.

Andy G

• RMweb Gold

The shot of Grantham seems to show one of the small Matisa track recording trolleys up on the platform on the left. I wonder how it got up there?

More cracking shots Dave, Thanks.

Andy G

It does look like that but I think its actually on a siding or loop a bit further across.   The slide didn't scan all that well and there is a lack of detail in places!

David

• RMweb Gold

Hi, Dave. How great to see the photo's of the Stapleford Park miniature railway. I have the BluRay set of The Avengers, and love seeing The Gravediggers, and in Blu Ray you get to see such detail. Those photo's show things that are not fully shown in that episode and thank you for posting them.

The Grantham to Ancaster line has attractions, in particular Peasecliffe Tunnel which is seen in J5663.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

Fantastic to see pictures of the SMR. They brought back some very happy memories. I got involved there from the year after your pics were taken until it's closure to the public in 1982, and as a founding member of the FSMR that look after it so well now. Sadly my move to the north west prevented a continuing involvement.

Never mind Mrs Peel! Check out that Revo Moseley in C8194.  Phoar! Far S*xier than the Concrete Girling in J3954.

I must have parked my car next to that Revo dozens of times and never even noticed her. At least it looks like the council have allowed some of her near neighbours to survive.

https://goo.gl/maps/McEUVTk73oA2

P

Edited by Porcy Mane

• RMweb Gold

Excellent pictures again Dave, quite ironic in the bottom one tat the council have erected a pseudo heritage gas lamp yet no effort was made to save the railway or the pits which were truly the real heritage of the area.

I wonder in a few years time when internet shopping has consigned the retail park to history whether the same council will preserve on of those!

Mind I suppose one of the reasons they have irradicated the pit is that with a terrible accident rate and horrific working conditions employees of sports direct may get jealous of the pit men!

Edited by russ p