Purple Bulleid anyone?

PaulRhB

I fully support loco owners in freedom to do things like this. However, people should have the freedom to say that owners (or lines) are being a wazzock and that it's naff, which this is. Being the son of Draper rail I am not surprised this has been inflicted on a non-GW loco. It would look quite good on thier 28xx though

• Funny 6

Brilliant, I love anything that causes the more anally retentive fans to have a meltdown.  Perhaps the SVR could commission a Platinum Jubilee set of spanners to allow the more obsessive the chance to loosen the big nut up their bottom holding it in place.

I wonder if they could give Britannia a royal blue paint job for the Jubbly?

• Agree 4
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 3

Can't see the problem myself. The locomotive is not being altered any way and it's just a temporary coat of paint.

I wonder how much the moaners ever pay towards railway preservation. On experience very little, but they are always the ones that kick up a fuss about anything.  

I remember the 3717 fuss. My feeling was why waste a good livery on that thing. :prankster:

cot09.jpg

Sorry, can't find the copyright but it's from this forum.

Jason

• Like 5
  • Agree 4
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
18 hours ago, PaulRhB said:

I wonder what the most requested temporary name will be, Steamy Mc Steamface??:D

• Funny 11

I think that they have missed a trick.

Since this is the Platinum Jubilee, why not paint the loco Platinum colour?? That would really stand out, too, where purple is rather dark and will tend to disappear when viewed at distance.

I'm all in favour of some distinctive liveries and very much like the blue livery for KEII...

Yours,  Mike.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, eastwestdivide said:

Purple? Royal connection? Obviously it’s to match the “purple line” trains, one of which it will haul through Bond Street for the opening ceremony of the Crossrail/Elizabeth Line in London.

I heard Madge is a Prince fan - Purple Reign.

• Funny 8

• RMweb Premium
18 hours ago, Steamport Southport said:

Can't see the problem myself. The locomotive is not being altered any way and it's just a temporary coat of paint.

I wonder how much the moaners ever pay towards railway preservation. On experience very little, but they are always the ones that kick up a fuss about anything.  

I remember the 3717 fuss. My feeling was why waste a good livery on that thing. :prankster:

cot09.jpg

Sorry, can't find the copyright but it's from this forum.

Jason

I think Jon Fitness took the photos. It was brought out of the paintshop very early one morning, taken there, photographed then straight back into the paintshop to be flatted back.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

Good to lighten up sometime!. Liz's done 70 years as Queen, so just celebrate and enjoy..........then paint it green again.

Mike

• Like 3
  • Agree 6

• RMweb Premium
47 minutes ago, ikks said:

Good to lighten up sometime!. Liz's done 70 years as Queen, so just celebrate and enjoy..........then paint it green again.

Mike

There are some saying they are ripping up their membership cards or wont volunteer due to its non authentic livery. Note they should really have stopped ages ago as some of the 50s carry liveries they would never have got. Ho hum, it takes all sorts.

• Like 3

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, Blandford1969 said:

Ho hum, it takes all sorts.

So they'd rather the railway doesn't get some good local media and national hobby media coverage with a resultant boost of paying visitors at a needed time in the recovery process? Probably better off without them and their negativity.

Get some bunting out, slap a suitable name on it, renumber it to 1952-2022 and get some associated commemorative gifts into the shops, coronation chicken cobs in the buffet and sit back and smile.

• Like 5
  • Agree 14