Dapol Class 121 and 122 in OO gauge

DapolDave

Kernow's limited editions (info from the latest newsletter)

4D-009-099 Dapol Class 121 Single Car DMU No. W55025, BR Blue & Grey - weathered £139.99

4D-015-096 Dapol Class 122 Single Car DMU No. W55003 BR Green with speed whiskers - weathered £139.99

4D-015-097 Dapol Class 122 Single Car DMU No. 55012, Loadhaul £129.99

4D-015-098 Dapol Class 122 Single Car DMU No. 975042, Network Rail £129.99

4D-015-099 Dapol Class 122 Single Car DMU No. 55000, Regional Railways - weathered £139.99

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Great news . Well done Dapol. I like the complete honesty as well. Clearly the delay to the21/29 has worked in our favour. Clearly an example of "Schedule Clever"Looking forward to running it with my other mu's. I assume it will have nem couplings?

Im claiming this one because i havent long finished this

sadly for Dave i wont need another one but if you do a 116 (and its good enough) im gonna need about 20 sets ;)

Cheers

Jim

Seeing as your on a roll , post a picture of a class 50 please jim :)

• RMweb Gold

For some reason, this announcement has made me much more excited than the one on Monday....

Big well done to Dapol - the N guage model bodes well - and please please please also consider other 1st generation DMUs - and a 7mm version would go well with the 08.....

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold

I don't know how I missed this earlier - I've just looked through the Kernow Models newsletter e-mail and noticed some limited edition bubble cars from Dapol and thought, 'OK, they're N gauge', but then something didn't quite stack up, because the Kernow announcement was headed 'OO gauge'... a typo perhaps, I thought - then I checked the Kernow website, and that also referred to 'OO' gauge..

Sooooooooo... A very Happy Christmas to you and your colleages, Dave - thanks very much!

This isn't something I desperately need, but I know I'm going to end up with one, because it would be rude not to!

• Like 8

Kernow MRC will indeed be producing limited editions as follows.

Exclusive Dapol OO Gauge Class 121 & 122 Single Car DMU's Announced

Following the news of Dapol's highly detailed Class 121s and 122s we are pleased to announce we have commisioned some exclusive liveries.

The specification will be identical to that of the standard models: -

DCC Ready - 22 Pin Decoder Socket / DCC 21/22 pin DCC compatibility (22-21 pin conversion board)

5 pole skew wound below the floor concealed mechanism

Close coupling mechanism

NEM coupling pockets

Independent cab lighting

Independent saloon lighting

Directional lighting

Headcode lighting

Rotating + lit headcode panels (where applicable) with different destinations.

DCC sound compatible

Fully modelled cab and saloon interior

Darkened profile RP25.110 wheels with 14.4mm back to backs

2 digit reporting panels (where applicable)

Original ‘joined’ exhausts (where applicable)

Slides within tools allow for alternate bodyside window version. High intensity headlight, alternate exhausts and underframe detail, and also the trailer variant.

Once again we will reward those customers placing a pre-order by giving a discount of £10 per model ordered. Once the models are delivered to us the price for the non-weathered models will rise to £139.99 and the weathered models will rise to £149.99.

They are expected during 2013 and will be free post to UK addresses.

Any customer in our Loyalty Scheme can benefit from an additional reward if they purchase all five models. A bonus 2500 points will be added (worth £25) on despatch of the fifth variant which can then be redeemed against a future purchase.

Further details of each individual model is available on our website by clicking on the images below:

prod_39596.jpg

4D-009-099 Dapol Class 121 Single Car DMU No. W55025, BR Blue& Grey - weathered £139.99

prod_39600.jpg

4D-015-096 Dapol Class 122 Single Car DMU No. W55003 BR Green with speed whiskers - weathered £139.99

prod_39599.jpg

4D-015-097 Dapol Class 122 Single Car DMU No. 55012, Loadhaul £129.99

prod_39598.jpg

4D-015-098 Dapol Class 122 Single Car DMU No. 975042, Network Rail £129.99

prod_39597.jpg

4D-015-099 Dapol Class 122 Single Car DMU No. 55000, Regional Railways - weathered £139.99

No deposits are required and no payment will be taken until these models are ready for despatch.

Chris Trerise

Managing Director

Kernow Model Rail Centre

98A Trelowarren Street

Camborne / Kambronn

Cornwall / Kernow

TR14 8AN

Tel: 01209 714099

Email: sales@kernowmodelrailcentre.com

Web: www.kernowmodelrailcentre.com

Fantastic news, thanks Dave!

I haven't even spent half the amount that Hattons are charging on a diesel before but I've been hoping for one of these for a good long while and I'm sure it will be worth the investment.

It is a may appear bit pricey however look at the detail and specification compared to the previous Limby model !

XF

• Like 2

What a wonderful surprise - and seeing that the driving trailers are also to be designed up, you are not that far off a 116 really. It would be great if a 116 were to be next. In the meantime I'm sure these will fly off the shelves, I'll certainly find a home for a few Tyseley 122s!

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Merry Christmas to Dave and all at Dapol!

I realise this announcement brings forward what was to be a 2014 release because the production slot has become available. I stocked up on bargain Hornby 121 bubblecars when they were available and which are all performing well. They may not need replacing within the next 12 months even though the Dapol version will no doubt look (and probably run) much better than the "improved" Limby style.

On the other hand I can see my way clear to taking a couple of the Gloucester 122s which might allow one or two of the Hornby cars to be "cut and shut" with Lima ones to make a credible 117 with Hornby power. Unless, of course, Dave has another trick up his sleeve ...... ;)

• RMweb Gold

I'm pleased that Hattons are producing a departmental 122 in the guise of TDB975023.

This was used for route familiarisation training on the WR and was a regular sight in Bristol.

http://railphotoprin...59B9A#h36b59b9a

Preorder placed.

Edit: Hattons links

http://www.ehattons....tockDetail.aspx pristine

http://www.ehattons.com/60378/Dapol_4D_015_HAT01W_Class_122_single_car_DMU_Bubble_car_TDB975023_in_Route_Learning_BR_blue_livery_W/StockDetail.aspx weathered

Neil

Edited by Downendian