Dapol Class 121 and 122 in OO gauge

DapolDave

Couldn't find either of these on their website today. Cancelled ?

Have you looked on the ehattons.com site, there are 25 different versions of the 121 and 122 in OO gauge available to pre-order? The main hattons.co.uk site only displays models available to purchase now.

Have you looked on the ehattons.com site, there are 25 different versions of the 121 and 122 in OO gauge available to pre-order? The main hattons.co.uk site only displays models available to purchase now.

Did look at the Hatton's website and did see them there, just wondered why they can't be found, at least by me, on the Dapol one.

• RMweb Premium

Hatton maintain both sites ostensibly pitched at UK and world-wide customers but as noted the .co.uk version often only includes current stock while ehattons includes the lot.  Sometimes it's handy when one site has a brief outage to shop on the other rather than having to wait.

I did have a couple of bubble cars ordered when Kernow had the Reggirail livery as a commission but cancelled them just before they were canned (then offered in the main catalogue) in the commercial disagreement which arose between that retailer and Dapol.

I don't doubt the Dapol ones will be an improvement on the Limby style but with quite a few of those now in my fleet where they all run perfectly well I don't feel there's a need for more even with the later livery options.

I asked this question;

Enquiry:
Can't find the class 121 & 122 on the website. Are these still in development ?

And received this reply;

Hello Julian

These models are not currently available but there will be future batches produced when they will be back on the website.

Kind regards

Kevin Grindley

Sales Admin Manager

That sounds like they have misunderstood the query to relate to their N gauge products.

Yes, I forgot to say which scale. I have now enquired as to the 00 one.

• 2 months later...

I sought clarification from Dapol yesterday concerning the '00' gauge Class 121 and 122 models, as their previous response seemed to be about 'n' gauge versions and they responded this morning advising that both are still progressing and they hope to have models available by the end of the year.

Thank you for your e-mail.  We are progressing these models and it is hoped to have them out towards the end of the year.

If there is anything else I can help you with please do not hesitate to contact me direct.

Kind regards

Kevin Grindley

Sales Admin Manager

I sought clarification from Dapol yesterday concerning the '00' gauge Class 121 and 122 models, as their previous response seemed to be about 'n' gauge versions and they responded this morning advising that both are still progressing and they hope to have models available by the end of the year.

Thank you for your e-mail.  We are progressing these models and it is hoped to have them out towards the end of the year.

If there is anything else I can help you with please do not hesitate to contact me direct.

Kind regards

Kevin Grindley

Sales Admin Manager

When originally announced in December 2012 "We have laser scanned a class 122 and are progressing with the cad/cam design with a view to a 2013 release date.".

I turned 59 six weeks ago. Will I get them before I retire?

When originally announced in December 2012 "We have laser scanned a class 122 and are progressing with the cad/cam design with a view to a 2013 release date.".

Perhaps best to be realistic and just hope for them in your lifetime :-)

Chris

• RMweb Gold

They keep moving retiral dates, so maybe yes!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

No updates on the bubblecars from the Dapol 2015 open day: http://Dapol.co.uk/index.php?route=information%2Fnews&news_id=133#.VhacOf2FOUn

I was wondering that, then noticed this tucked away from the Class 59 page thread link.

http://Dapol.co.uk/index.php?route=information%2Fnews&news_id=133#.Vhby5zZdHMq

''OO Gauge Railcar – Test mouldings due mid-late October, 1st EP approximately 3-4 weeks later''

Which other Railcars have Dapol announced in OO? Does this hint that it's back on and still in development after all or have they announced any other Railcars?

Which other Railcars have Dapol announced in OO? Does this hint that it's back on and still in development after all or have they announced any other Railcars?

The GWR Railcar on the launches pages.

There is a comment on Dapol's Facebook page that they are yet undecided to cancel project or not. I hope they continue, as the liveries are far more reaching than Bachmann. Chiltern and Network Rail for me!

• RMweb Gold

Doesn't matter who makes it but whoever it is the Chiltern one will require altered tooling (which could possibly be done using slides?)  So even if Dapol (eventually) produce one, which would hopefully correct the minor errors on their N  gauge version, even they would have to decide if it is worth having tooling arrangements and the added costs that result in order to accurately produce the Chilterns version or indeed any of the later ones with modified bodywork.

Didn't know they had been altered since privatisation, so Dapol could just focus on post privatisation but that is going to be less of an opportunity.

What's to say Kernow might not commission them from Bachmann in any case as they would fall within the southern sphere of the country.

• 2 months later...

So looks like the Class 122 is a go at least based on the fact that Model Railways Direct have listed it in their sale. Has anyone got their hands on or have a photo of the 122 in Regional Railways? I could be tempted by one but given all the errors being listed on the Class 73 thread I'm not paying over £100 for a model that hasn't got the basic shape and colours right. 

So looks like the Class 122 is a go at least based on the fact that Model Railways Direct have listed it in their sale. Has anyone got their hands on or have a photo of the 122 in Regional Railways? I could be tempted by one but given all the errors being listed on the Class 73 thread I'm not paying over £100 for a model that hasn't got the basic shape and colours right. 

The 'oo' gauge Class 121 and 122 models are not yet available and there is some doubt that they are going to be, as when I enquired I was advised that the Dapol md, Joel Bright, won't release info about their intentions with these models, presumably because of the Bachmann Class 121 and 117 announcement. I'm hoping they do go ahead as it looks like Dapol are developing an under floor drive system for the GWR railcar, which was promised also for the 121/122. I think the Model Railways Direct sale only applies to the Dapol 'n' gauge versions, the 'oo' ones are showing as 'pre order'