A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Premium

Yes!

Oh, you've already done it.

Not really that's just a train (a very nice train I might add).

But surely Thomas (driven by Ringo) would be a more appropriate form of traction?

I know he's a southerner but it is(n't) Christmas :)

• RMweb Gold

Thanks for all the likes, 5077 was popular. Here's another Castle, 5011 Tintagel Castle at an angle I can't get without shewing all the background junk that Chris has photo shopped out nicely here.

attachicon.gif5011.jpg

Copyright Chris Nevard / Model Rail.

Just needs a G crest W on the back, and a splash of black paint over the foot plate :P

lovely photo, a good match for some of the prototype photos I have seen taken from the vicarage road bridge.

• RMweb Premium

Heads up here for you GWR fellows. Have a look at the Wright Writes thread later this evening/tomorrow for some photo's of things he is going to sell on behalf of a widow/for charity. Actual scratch built buildings from Buckfastleigh (Geoff Kent I believe) and some other items of interest. I have suggested to Tony Wright that 'we' could spread the word about this collection as it is just so good and the cause will be worthy (as it was for the late Geoff Brewin's coaches). You guys and gals know other GWR modellers so maybe you could help the broadcast?

Many thanks,

Duck with fewmonia.

You need to get your finger out as he's retiring after ExpoEM South next May.

Need to get those USA Bogies sorted ASAP then. Good for Siphons I am told.

Phil

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
Heads up here for you GWR fellows. Have a look at the Wright Writes thread later this evening/tomorrow for some photo's of things he is going to sell on behalf of a widow/for charity. Actual scratch built buildings from Buckfastleigh (Geoff Kent I believe) and some other items of interest. I have suggested to Tony Wright that 'we' could spread the word about this collection as it is just so good and the cause will be worthy (as it was for the late Geoff Brewin's coaches). You guys and gals know other GWR modellers so maybe you could help the broadcast?

Many thanks,

Duck with bird flu

Beautiful goods shed Rob.

Edited by Mallard60022
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold
Heads up here for you GWR fellows. Have a look at the Wright Writes thread later this evening/tomorrow for some photo's of things he is going to sell on behalf of a widow/for charity. Actual scratch built buildings from Buckfastleigh (Geoff Kent I believe) and some other items of interest. I have suggested to Tony Wright that 'we' could spread the word about this collection as it is just so good and the cause will be worthy (as it was for the late Geoff Brewin's coaches). You guys and gals know other GWR modellers so maybe you could help the broadcast?

Many thanks,

Duck with bird flu

Beautiful goods shed Rob.

Isn't it just and so is the engine shed. ;) Shall I get my begging bowl out.