SWAG Member's Day - 2020 - CANCELLED

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Gwiwer said:

Swanage are working to a "Keep calm and carry on" brief.  At least for now.  As are some others.  Special events caped but normal running otherwise.  There is little difference at that level between a heritage and a main-line railway except perhaps the age of some personnel.  That might become an issue.  

Whoa! Hold on there bald eagle!

No issues bringing a layout or wearing a bright shirt but nobody said anything about wearing a cape no matter how special an event it is..

Rob. 

Edited by NHY 581
  • Like 1
  • Funny 7

• RMweb Gold

Totally understandable, for at least 6 hours I was hoping I might be able to get along after all as my clashing exhibition was cancelled this morning! 

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 5

• RMweb Gold
43 minutes ago, Stubby47 said:

This is probably no surprise but we've taken the decision to cancel this year's event.

Thank you to everyone who intended to come, whether as exhibitors, helpers or just to visit.

Planning for SWAG 2021 is well under way and should be a good one.

So sensible. The age profile alone says this would be risky. Thanks Stu. 

• Agree 8

• RMweb Gold

Right and proper, Stu and not unexpected. 

On a positive note we can all still chat on here. 

Can I suggest we all ensure that we have a pasty on April 26th, where ever we are? More chance of getting one than a toilet roll. 

Rob. 

Edited by NHY 581
  • Like 10
  • Agree 4
  • Funny 4

Anyone want to buy a Reading to Taunton return ticket?  Reserved seat and all the trimmings......;)

Totally understandable and the odds were I’d be self isolating anyway.

I hear lunch in Taunton and a trip on Great Western’s finest from Reading would be a wonderful day out....:D

• Friendly/supportive 8

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Gilbert said:

I have a suggestion

https://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/classic_cornish_pasty_67037

( I know its Cornish not Devon but under the circumstances....)

But where is the pudding?

This is a real farmers lunch.

https://www.goodtoknow.co.uk/recipes/bedfordshire-clanger

• Informative/Useful 1

Very wise and most understandable Stu, and thank you for the hard work for this years, sadly cancelled, proposal.

Are you considering re-inviting this years layouts for 2021 by any chance, might seem like a fair idea ?

I am happy to give my invitation to attend 2021 to one who may have been invited to this years event as a matter of courtesy.

Edited by bgman
Additional note
  • Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
Just now, 2ManySpams said:

Bl00dy virus...

That's putting it politely.  I do tend to overlook the age of many in our hobby.  I am still one of the younger ones despite advancing into my sixties.  While there is no reason for me to take any more than basic hygiene precautions there are a good many of us firmly in the higher risk categories.  Oddly enough one of those (not a modeller) has just been on my Snapchat bemoaning the fact that aged 22 she now has to endure indefinite lockdown because of her severe asthma.  She's not even allowed visits from her boyfriend.  Which kinda puts things into a broader light.  

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 4