Bachmann announce Mk2f's

newbryford

Hattons don't appear to have received anything from Bachmann since the beginning of the month. Does anyone have any concrete information as to the delay in order to avoid speculation?

The Europhoenix Class 37s were expected last week too, I don't think any retailers have them in stock yet.

Maybe, and I am guessing, a part of the shipment has been delayed in port, or customs clearing and the like.

The Europhoenix Class 37s were expected last week too, I don't think any retailers have them in stock yet.

Maybe, and I am guessing, a part of the shipment has been delayed in port, or customs clearing and the like.

Rails Sheffield are showing the Europhoenix 37 884 in stock.................

• RMweb Gold

For those with dcc fitted coaches, the lights can be dimmed using CV118. The range is from 0 - 7 with the default being 7. Personally, I think 2 strikes the right balance, but these things are highly subjective.

PM

• Informative/Useful 1

8 Mk 2f Dcc fitted coaches are on their way to my garden railway. (2 x Intercity exec FO 5 x TSO and 1 BSO). As we now are in the land of dark evenings I'm looking forward to seeing them run round the garden with lights ablaze! 

In other news, my credit card has now been put inside the freezer to cool off!

• Like 2

For those with dcc fitted coaches, the lights can be dimmed using CV118. The range is from 0 - 7 with the default being 7. Personally, I think 2 strikes the right balance, but these things are highly subjective.

PM

PM

Very useful, thanks for posting, where did you find the info for this ? 

• RMweb Gold

Very useful, thanks for posting, where did you find the info for this ?

The answer is that it was a degree of informed trial and error.  I purchased some ESU DCC light bars to fit inside the Mk 1 coaches that will form part of the rake principally comprised of the new Bachmann 2fs (you can see the catering vehicle with its lights ablaze in the video I posted above).  I downloaded the appropriate instructions (which were supplied only in German) and there were all the CVs set out.  I suspected that Bachmann had used ESU as the basis for its lighting, and so I fiddled with all the dimmable CVs until, before my eyes, I found the correct one.  

Of course, it would have been much easier had Bachmann simply supplied the information itself. 

• Like 1

The answer is that it was a degree of informed trial and error.  I purchased some ESU DCC light bars to fit inside the Mk 1 coaches that will form part of the rake principally comprised of the new Bachmann 2fs (you can see the catering vehicle with its lights ablaze in the video I posted above).  I downloaded the appropriate instructions (which were supplied only in German) and there were all the CVs set out.  I suspected that Bachmann had used ESU as the basis for its lighting, and so I fiddled with all the dimmable CVs until, before my eyes, I found the correct one.  

>> Well done...........

Of course, it would have been much easier had Bachmann simply supplied the information itself. 

>> Yes exactly, that should have been included..............

Bit late now, but you can download the ESU LED strip manual in English from SWD  - http://www.southwestdigital.co.uk/

Edited by tractor_37260

Hattons don't appear to have received anything from Bachmann since the beginning of the month. Does anyone have any concrete information as to the delay in order to avoid speculation?

I spoke with Hattons online message system, and they are contacting Bachmann re when they are getting their allocation of mk2f’s...

I was on chat with them this morning too - they indicated 'a few weeks'

Anyway - I had visions of missing the boat if they did not get a full allocation so sad to say for Hatton's, I cancelled orders and switched to a Sheffield outlet which did have stock. I found cancelling a bind, only really able to cancel a whole (not part order) so ended up shifting best part of £900's worth of pre-orders.

Very much looking forward to getting my Mk2F's + South Foreland and other bits through this week before heading to Warley at the weekend!

PM

Invaluable information, thank you for posting.. and investigating.

On the Edinburgh-Glasgow's and the Aberdeen's, behind the DBSO and before the second class accommodation - there are exception (like when no first class was provided in the set).  What specific working and when are you talking about?

Edited by Bob Reid

• RMweb Gold

On the Edinburgh-Glasgow's and the Aberdeen's, behind the DBSO and before the second class accommodation - there are exception (like when no first class was provided in the set).  What specific working and when are you talking about?

There are quite a few great examples of the B&G push-pull sets in the first half of this video, all showing the First Class coach adjacent to the DBSO.

The first clip is of a Class 27 push-pull, with what appears to be (unusually) a Midland allocated Mk2 FK.  Or am I mistaken?

Steve

Thanks for this. No specific working, just my mind thinking back to the 80s pictured the 1st class behind the 47/7, though I couldn't see this on any of my photos.

I assume you have to take the DBSO apart to change decoder address or change CVs so you can get a load on the decoder.

Have any of you done this yet and,if so, any tips regarding taking coach apart etc

Thanks

John

does it not also work if you pop a loco on the programming track at the same time? once the DBSO is programmed, take it off and set the loco back as you wanted it