Bachmann announce Mk2f's

newbryford

• RMweb Gold

They should have them, as it's in most stockists. I picked mine up on Thursday from Trident Trains.

Just the ScotRail DBSO's that have still to make an appearance.

Opened up my collection to examine/test them all this morning. They are a superb rake of coaches.

Thanks.  I agree, they "should" have them, but the website (both of them!) is just offering the option to pre-order.  :dontknow:

I'll give them a call and see what they say.

Cheers,

Steve

Thanks.  I agree, they "should" have them, but the website (both of them!) is just offering the option to pre-order.  :dontknow:

I'll give them a call and see what they say.

Cheers,

Steve

Could be they're waiting on the ScR version so they can be sent out together??? Just a thought.. \Also Bachmann website states the ScR as "out of stock" which I'm guessing  means they have them at the warehouse awaiting distribution???

A few shops have had the balance of the coaches apart from the Scotrail dbso. I wouldn't be surprised if hattons had taken delivery but as they are busy with the huge sale they have they are waiting for the bulk of the sales items to be despatched before listing them. If that makes sense in my slightly drunk state!

Mark

It would appear that the box shifters are now having to wait for the smaller suppliers orders to be completed first.

Hattons still do not have the Mk2f TSOs in blue and grey nor any of the DBSOs. I was able to ring a local model shop on Wednesday, have 8 blue and grey TSOs confirmed as in the shop on Thursday (therefore cancelling my Hattons pre-order) and buy them all for an even lower price than Hattons last Friday.

Hopefully this situation will happen for smaller businesses throughout the country, boosting the chances for the local model shops wherever you live.

• Like 4

We took delivery of 3 big boxes full of Mk2F's (and POT's) yesterday. So they are coming through the system.
We have decided though, that due to personal commitments, they will stay in the box now until Warley (Apart from the I/C TSO which we got a week or so ago: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/163338713956)
Come and seek us out, can't remember what stand number we are, if you want to have a look at them in the flesh.
Cheers
Martin
Class 37 loco Group
www.c37lg.co.uk

Edited by martinC37LG
  • Like 2

Perhaps but that doesn't explain why Rails have B/G DBSO's and Hatton's don't ?

It's a valid point and is further proven by the fact that Rails are stated as having TSOs from last Wednesday and Hattons are still not stating that they have any.

Rails do seem to have had a delay in receiving some stock, whether this is deliberate or not I honestly don't know. It's just that there was a rumour circulating around the model railway circle I attend that the box shifters are not too well received at the moment. Possibly due to them previously having a fair amount of control over the market and also the fact that one of them is looking to manufacture their own products in the future. As with all such rumours I will leave it to individuals to decide on the accuracy.

Having had my pre-orders in for Blue/Grey TSOs and POTs with Hattons since 2014 it seems a little churlish to complain about a week or so delay in receiving these models, but it is slightly annoying that many people seem to have received their models a week ago. I wasn't aware of any Bachmann policy of favouring smaller retailers, but it seems to be just Hattons who haven't received their stock yet? Or maybe they have received stock but are just taking a long time to unpack and sort a large quantity of models and pre-orders? I will see if there is any progress in the first half of next week - if not I might look at an alternative supplier.

Mike

It would appear that the box shifters are now having to wait for the smaller suppliers orders to be completed first.

Hattons still do not have the Mk2f TSOs in blue and grey nor any of the DBSOs. I was able to ring a local model shop on Wednesday, have 8 blue and grey TSOs confirmed as in the shop on Thursday (therefore cancelling my Hattons pre-order) and buy them all for an even lower price than Hattons last Friday.

Hopefully this situation will happen for smaller businesses throughout the country, boosting the chances for the local model shops wherever you live.

Interesting. Possible sour grapes over the class 66?

• RMweb Gold

Having had my pre-orders in for Blue/Grey TSOs and POTs with Hattons since 2014 it seems a little churlish to complain about a week or so delay in receiving these models, but it is slightly annoying that many people seem to have received their models a week ago. I wasn't aware of any Bachmann policy of favouring smaller retailers, but it seems to be just Hattons who haven't received their stock yet? Or maybe they have received stock but are just taking a long time to unpack and sort a large quantity of models and pre-orders? I will see if there is any progress in the first half of next week - if not I might look at an alternative supplier.

Mike

For clarity : in the summer of 2014,concurrently with a clamp down on deep discounting by Barwell ,their declared intention was to set a level playing field for smaller retailers by giving them priority. As far as I am aware,this policy holds.

• RMweb Gold

For clarity : in the summer of 2014,concurrently with a clamp down on deep discounting by Barwell ,their declared intention was to set a level playing field for smaller retailers by giving them priority. As far as I am aware,this policy holds.

I seem to remember something of that nature being announced, and I'm fairly sure that it still applies.

Edited by Tim Hall

• RMweb Premium

Its no wonder Hattons have gone down the route of commissioning their own models then. All for level playing field but this is just penalising people who have ordered from Hattons. And why shouldn’t they order there to get a discount?

• RMweb Gold

Its no wonder Hattons have gone down the route of commissioning their own models then. All for level playing field but this is just penalising people who have ordered from Hattons. And why shouldn’t they order there to get a discount?

That ‘s a big jump to several conclusions. Firstly Hattons have been commissioning models (with varying rates of success ) for several years and for a variety of different reasons.We are not party to those reasons.i.e.We don’t know whether or not the ways of red,blue or any other box/ manufacturer have any bearing on their decision making.Nor should we.

Secondly Bachmann’s distribution policy has been constant and widely known since 2014 and is entirely at their discretion. They gave good reasons for it then.So that should not be such a surprise and reason for outrage .To talk in terms of customers being penalised is a gross exaggeration.They just have to wait a bit longer for their order don’t they ?

Thirdly where do you get the impression that Hattons prices and discounts are any different from most other retailers ? They are not..

One example for you....and this is not the only one. Derails offer these coaches at Hattons price ,the big difference being that he has them in stock....as a small retailer.....already.Oh wait a minute.....post free.

The FO arrived about a week after everyone else had them at Hattons. Here the heals are being serioously dragged. But equally my next Oxford Warwell with tank that came in last week, still has not been sent to me. So maybe their flash sale is keeping everyone busy.

It's a long time since I pre-ordered these items but I suspect I went with Hattons because they were the first to offer them for pre-order. I was hoping that by committing to an order it would help demonstrate to Bachmann that there was a demand for these products. I can understand Bachmann's wish to 'level the playing field' for smaller retailers but IF they are deliberately withholding supplies from Hattons for over a week that's surely going too far and would be a major breakdown in the relationship between Bachmann and their (presumably) biggest customer. I sort of prefer to think that, as my previous post, they do have the stock but are just really busy and have lots of orders to process.

I don't really want to cancel my orders and go with another supplier - it feels a bit like changing checkouts in the supermarket or lanes in a traffic jam on the motorway which never ends well for me! I will e mail Hattons and see what if any response I get.

Mike

• RMweb Gold

It's a long time since I pre-ordered these items but I suspect I went with Hattons because they were the first to offer them for pre-order. I was hoping that by committing to an order it would help demonstrate to Bachmann that there was a demand for these products. I can understand Bachmann's wish to 'level the playing field' for smaller retailers but IF they are deliberately withholding supplies from Hattons for over a week that's surely going too far and would be a major breakdown in the relationship between Bachmann and their (presumably) biggest customer. I sort of prefer to think that, as my previous post, they do have the stock but are just really busy and have lots of orders to process.

I don't really want to cancel my orders and go with another supplier - it feels a bit like changing checkouts in the supermarket or lanes in a traffic jam on the motorway which never ends well for me! I will e mail Hattons and see what if any response I g

Rumours spread like wildfire don't they ? They can be damaging in a commercially sensitive area and are best not repeated  There is simply NO evidence that Bachmann are deliberately withholding delivery.Why would they ? Hattons are a large concern with a big wordwide reputation .Supply and demand mean mutual cooperation and trust.

I don't really want to cancel my orders and go with another supplier - it feels a bit like changing checkouts in the supermarket or lanes in a traffic jam on the motorway which never ends well for me! I will e mail Hattons and see what if any response I get.

Mike

I can save you the bother of an email.... they are still to arrive..... that’s the beauty of the live chat function on their website!

I’m sure their isn’t any sort of conspiracy or anything and they’ll get their deliveries shortly.....

Must confess I am now a little confused regarding this, on the one hand a suggestion that there is no evidence of this but on the other people referring to some kind of announcement in 2014 which related to smaller retailers getting priority. Add to that the fact that Hattons still don't have them.

Anyway prior to being a little confused I was surprised to read of such a policy. I had never heard of it. On first reading it seems a bit strange to give priority elsewhere and therefore by default penalise Hattons. After all many of us are impatient for any new release (yes I appreciate how silly this is when we've been waiting years) and I suspect this this may drive some folks to other suppliers especially since the original version of their price promise was (understandably) amended. Imagine it still stood for these coaches, I can't even remember what the original estimated price was on their website.

Perhaps I fell into the trap of assuming Hattons and Rails were always the cheapest, but have tended to go to Rails anyway as Santa has often got me tokens for there, or to Cheltenham due to them attending a lot of exhibitions up here.

All this is slightly academic for me at the moment as I am waiting for ScotRail livery DBSOs.

Where Hattons will still score is when they further discount items further down the line, now while I was never going to hold back on DBSOs in case the sold out, at the moment I have parked any ideas of the TSOs etc at the moment. Looking at the Hornby Mk2Es, wonder if the Bachmann MK2F be available in next year's "sale of the century" are £12 for DC. and £14 for DCC! No I doubt it either.

We may though end up with a repeat of the pattern we saw with the pre Hornby MK2Ds where Hattons were practically given the ex Airfix BSO and FOs away or a similar pattern we saw again with the Bachmann Mk2a and z where down the line TSOs were commanding v high prices c.f. to the FO or FK and the BSOs and BFKs.

Interesting.....

Edited by Waverley47708

Rumours spread like wildfire don't they ? They can be damaging in a commercially sensitive area and are best not repeated  There is simply NO evidence that Bachmann are deliberately withholding delivery.Why would they ? Hattons are a large concern with a big wordwide reputation .Supply and demand mean mutual cooperation and trust.

Of course it is impossible to ensure that every shop up and down the country receives supplies from a manufacturer at the exact same instant, but I wonder whether it would be legal to deliberately favour certain shops over others ?