Hornby Announce Peckett W4 0-4-0ST

WD0-6-0

I fear those who've been pulling off chimneys, will have the most to lose ;)

I beg your pardon. Fnr Fnr, yip, yip.  Finbar?

You wouldn't care to rephrase that.  It sounds like the worse kind of abuse.

Nice plain black livery for 2017 and plain red for the Sentinal looks like Hornby have been listening.

Just pre ordered a couple of black Pecketts just in case.

It looks like the only way to get the Pecketts again, I have pre-ordered with two suppliers to make sure as one supplier reduced quantities on the discontinued first three.

Stephen

• Like 1

Guest Midland Mole

When I first saw the announcement of the black one, I admit I was a little miffed having purchased a second H&P one to repaint into LMS black livery. But then on further inspection the new black one has the wrong dome for me, so I'm not bothered now. :)

- Alex

It looks like the only way to get the Pecketts again, I have pre-ordered with two suppliers to make sure as one supplier reduced quantities on the discontinued first three.

Stephen

I'm glad you've managed to get sorted. Hornby seem to deliver a few of their locos sooner rather than later so with luck you may not have to wait as long as the anticipated Q4. I note from the pre production pic there is a lower dome fitted, so that makes three variants so far. (not counting liveries)

When I first saw the announcement of the black one, I admit I was a little miffed having purchased a second H&P one

I wonder how many of the original purchasers will be thinking along similar lines with the result of ebay seeing a glut of these rare beasts in the near future.

Just doing a quick count up I notice there are six on there at the moment. All at a premium mark up.

P

I cant seem to find a black peckett to preorder .

As the full range is being announced to retailers today it is likely many have not had the opportunity to update their sites to include items yet.

• RMweb Premium

I cant seem to find a black peckett to preorder .

If your looking at Hattons you won't.... Yet.

I have spoken to them this morning and they have missed some items off, like the Peckett and both Sentinels. They are in the process of adding them we just need to be a bit patient

Owen

• RMweb Gold

I beg your pardon. Fnr Fnr, yip, yip.  Finbar?

You wouldn't care to rephrase that.  It sounds like the worse kind of abuse.

They have former mechanical test engineer as their chief Inquisitor, he's worked out the exact force needed to remove the chimney of a Peckett and scaled it up to the full scale equivalent force. Apparently they are using a 1,000 ton tensile test machine to pluck hairs... 76 for every Peckett chimney ;) :P

• RMweb Gold

As the full range is being announced to retailers today it is likely many have not had the opportunity to update their sites to include items yet.

Having been talking to a retailer earlier this morning I understand he was faced with a long list and no indication on it of what is newly announced so it was taking hime some time to get through it.

• RMweb Gold

It is also my understanding that they have arranged three retailer events at different locations across the country today, tomorrow and Friday. (At least that what I was told by Hornby's left hand..)

If your looking at Hattons you won't.... Yet.

I have spoken to them this morning and they have missed some items off, like the Peckett and both Sentinels. They are in the process of adding them we just need to be a bit patient

Owen

Patience .Have you gone mad ???????? .What is this mysterious substance ? :-)

They have former mechanical test engineer as their chief Inquisitor, he's worked out the exact force needed to remove the chimney of a Peckett and scaled it up to the full scale equivalent force. Apparently they are using a 1,000 ton tensile test machine to pluck hairs... 76 for every Peckett chimney ;) :P

Sounds like the fable of the three Pecketts.

Hey little Peckett let me come in

Not by hair on my Chim chimeny rim

These Hornby Pecketts do seem to be taking on a life all of their own. Has Hornby created a monster?

• RMweb Gold

And a Huntley & Palmers wagon.

If this is being released to go with the Peckett, you'd have thought they would release them in packs of three (I notice other wagons are being released in packs of three).

When I first saw the announcement of the black one, I admit I was a little miffed having purchased a second H&P one to repaint into LMS black livery. But then on further inspection the new black one has the wrong dome for me, so I'm not bothered now. :)

- Alex

Don't fancy a black one. I've already got three black puggies as made by that Mr Aspinall, but I'm pleased to see the lower dome and live in hopes that it'll appear somewhere as a spare part