Bargain Hunters Mark 2

Hattons are selling

Heljan 2503 Class 05 Hunslet shunter "Cider Queen" in green with wasp stripes for £59 more than 10 in stock

2503_3001265_Qty1_1.jpg

https://www.hattons.co.uk/68065/Heljan_2503_Class_05_Hunslet_shunter_Cider_Queen_in_green_with_wasp_stripes/StockDetail.aspx

Heljan 2500 Class 05 Hunslet shunter D2574 in BR green for £59 with more than 10 in stock

2500_1552920_Qty1_1.jpg

https://www.hattons.co.uk/62758/Heljan_2500_Class_05_Hunslet_shunter_D2574_in_BR_green/StockDetail.aspx

Edited by andymac-2008

Some VERY deep discounts on items that aren't discounted often.  Thanks for the heads up.

£71 for an early emblem A3 was too good for me to say no to....

...as was £64 for a late emblem K1

Cheers

Scott

Hattons are selling

Heljan 8920 Class 128 parcels DMU 55991 in BR blue with yellow ends with "Parcels Service" branding for £50 more than 10 in stock

8920_3094066_Qty1_1.jpg

https://www.hattons.co.uk/83443/Heljan_8920_Class_128_parcels_DMU_55991_in_BR_blue_with_yellow_ends_with_Parcels_Service_bra/StockDetail.aspx

If I didn't have one already, I'd get one!  The Heljan 128s have the heft and pulling power of a diesel loco, its a pity that in real life they were seen at most with a tail load of a couple of vans or parcel brakes.  They wouldn't look out of place in front of a rake of Mk1s......

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

I just dont need any more K1/Radials/71/J50/d16/j15s.

I just got timely advice on class68’s too, which saved me diving into a bargain that might not be as good as it sounded.

However at £39 for R3275, my fleet of 14 Lima TOPS era class 31’s have just got a Hornby chassis upgrade., and my damaged class 85 also just got replaced.

There is however a bargain feast to be had when it comes to Hornby coaches... £12 the lowest for a railroad BG.

Edited by adb968008

Yes Scott - Minoru - Hattons have been trying to off load this model for a number of years.  I wonder what yours will turn out like.

..£71 for an early emblem A3 was too good for me to say no to....

I bought this from Hattons a year or so ago.  It went straight back because of the shape of the upturned footplate.  Unusually for Hattons they wouldn't send out a replacement because they said they were all made like that.

Cheers

Ray

Yes Scott - Minoru - Hattons have been trying to off load this model for a number of years.  I wonder what yours will turn out like.

I bought this from Hattons a year or so ago.  It went straight back because of the shape of the upturned footplate.  Unusually for Hattons they wouldn't send out a replacement because they said they were all made like that.

Cheers

Ray

Hmmm - I wasn't aware of the issue - but will post a follow up here when it arrives, Ray

• Like 1

Thanks Scott, it might be useful

Hmmm - I wasn't aware of the issue - but will post a follow up here when it arrives, Ray

I remember thinking at the time that it was very quick response and that Hattons had my card marked as a  buyer to be wary of!

Cheers Ray

Edited by Silver Sidelines

• RMweb Gold

Just a note on the Hattons special offer, in the not so small print...

“The sale will end on Monday 31st December 2018 (or whilst stocks last).”

So you have time to do a few rounds, whilst waiting for the 10% discount, 6 week wait period to end on new releases.

Edited by adb968008

Just a note on the Hattons special offer, in the not so small print...

“The sale will end on Monday 31st December 2018 (or whilst stocks last).”

So you have time to do a few rounds, whilst waiting for the 10% discount, 6 week wait period to end on new releases.

I wouldn't panic.

Most of the stuff in the sale has been at that price for months. It seems that people don't notice until you have a big sign saying SALE!

Jason

I've been conducting a census of my locomotive establishment and I find that even if some of the prices being offered by Hattons (eg R3170 Adderly Hall @ £49) are rather tempting, I've already got more than enough locos for my traffic needs!

I'd been meaning to get hold of a rake of maroon Mk1s so £12 a pop for some works well for me. Having missed out on the Rails discounted 80135 a few months ago, I figured £87 isn't too bad, nor is £79 for 61310. And here I was thinking I'd save up my modelling money for Warley...

I've been conducting a census of my locomotive establishment and I find that even if some of the prices being offered by Hattons (eg R3170 Adderly Hall @ £49) are rather tempting, I've already got more than enough locos for my traffic needs!

Your are not alone in this respect !

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I am rapidly coming to the same conclusion, the layout certainly needs more locos eventually however there is a much greater need for more freight and more coach kits to be built...

Look at the Book Law thread better known as the Hermes Ski Jump edition.

Yep - have done, mick.  At under £60 (because of the VAT deduction), my tolerance for some fettling is pretty broad...   these go for very silly money down under, and I suspect in a worst case scenario, I could on sell it for what I paid with little trouble.

• Like 2

I'm reasonably new to this lark. What do you mean by the 10% discount and 6 week wait period? Do you figure there might be better discounts later from Hattons, or others?

• RMweb Gold

I'm reasonably new to this lark. What do you mean by the 10% discount and 6 week wait period? Do you figure there might be better discounts later from Hattons, or others?

some discussion on this here

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/137631-Hornby-discount-limits/

it's the period for which retailers can't offer more than 10% off RRP (for Hornby), after which they can.

cheers,

Keith

Edited by tractionman

Just heard tonight that Harburn Hobbies in Edinburgh are hosting a Peco and Bachmann pre-Christmas promotional event  on Friday 9th & Saturday 10th November 2018.  There will be up to 20% off most Peco, Parkside, Bachmann and Graham Farish products (in shop only).

Steve Haynes, Peco's Sales Manager, will be at the event to answer questions.

There will also be a special appearance by one of the team leaders from 'The Great Model Railway Challenge'.  Mark of the 'Diesel Dynamos' will be in the shop on Saturday 10th November between 2-4pm.

Roddy

Hattons are selling 

Dapol 7D-008-000U Class 08 shunter in BR green with late crest and no yellow warning panels - Unnumbered for £139 more than 10 in stock

7D-008-000U_3232117_Qty1_1.jpg

https://www.hattons.co.uk/199505/Dapol_7D_008_000U_Class_08_shunter_in_BR_green_with_late_crest_and_no_yellow_warning_panels_Unnum/StockDetail.aspx

That looks really nice - as said above, almost cheap enough to tempt one into O gauge!

Having said that, I've got a very similar-looking loco in HO which hasn't seen the light of day on a layout yet, so maybe that ought to be my priority...