The standard colour for van interiors in S.R. days - probably including droplight grilles - was a pale green colour* - but O.V.S.B. introduced a brown colour** ( from his old employers ? ) which doesn't seem to have been universally applied .......... certainly the B.R. colour should be buff - turning to crud over time. ( B.R. insipid grey wouldn't have appeared in Bulleid-era vans - other than, perhaps, any luggage vans that received blue livery.)

*   Big Four in Colour p188

** Big Four in Colour p143 

• Informative/Useful 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Some photos from the Bachmann stand today at the Statfold show. 

IMG_20220409_111530.jpg.9891d47556d081fe0f1cd50856ec4ecc.jpg

IMG_20220409_111551_1.jpg.f3c2abfc8cd92497f342175b8ce737be.jpg

IMG_20220409_111606_1.jpg.a7f385de09fb32d8a10a1f978bac941b.jpg

A single number on the set end (thought there should be two). The green looks ok to me. It was mentioned that they should be available in the autumn.

I did ask about the possibility of a D2406 but there didn't seem much enthusiasm, although it was written down on the suggestions list. A big missed opportunity for sales if not eventually done IMO.

Perhaps Muz can educate Bachmann on why a loose composite would be a good idea?

• Like 7
  • Thanks 7
  • Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Gold

Agreed, the set numbers should be on either side of the gangways. 

Also agreed, the D2406 BCK will be a huge missed opportunity if they ignore it. Modellers of the smallest Withered Arm BLT will need one as their through coach for the ACE, and WoE main line fans whole bunches of them. 

John

• Agree 4
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Premium
25 minutes ago, 2ManySpams said:

Some photos from the Bachmann stand today at the Statfold show. 

IMG_20220409_111530.jpg.9891d47556d081fe0f1cd50856ec4ecc.jpg

IMG_20220409_111551_1.jpg.f3c2abfc8cd92497f342175b8ce737be.jpg

IMG_20220409_111606_1.jpg.a7f385de09fb32d8a10a1f978bac941b.jpg

A single number on the set end (thought there should be two). The green looks ok to me. It was mentioned that they should be available in the autumn.

I did ask about the possibility of a D2406 but there didn't seem much enthusiasm, although it was written down on the suggestions list. A big missed opportunity for sales if not eventually done IMO.

Perhaps Muz can educate Bachmann on why a loose composite would be a good idea?

D2406 is just a must.  I should have told them I need a dozen. :)

Thanks Spams. I like the 'reinforcing' Strips on some of these.

Phil

Edited by Mallard60022
spellin
  • Like 1
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, bude_branch said:

Well done Graham - I was just about to cancel my pre-order.

That would have been a bit drastic even if they were going to be missing on one side! 

Personally as I will be renumbering at least one set I'd almost prefer no numbers... 

• Like 2
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Premium
43 minutes ago, Graham_Muz said:

I can confirm that that the production versions will correctly have set numbers on either side. 

Bachmann are aware of the D2406... 

Good stuff Graham, looks very promising. 

If Bachmann are aware then Richard missed the memo...

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
38 minutes ago, Graham_Muz said:

That would have been a bit drastic even if they were going to be missing on one side! 

Personally as I will be renumbering at least one set I'd almost prefer no numbers... 

I agree the end numbers are dead easy to add. Even if they were missing it wouldn't be a massive task to add them.

• Like 1
  • Agree 5

On 09/04/2022 at 19:27, Graham_Muz said:

I'm afraid my eyesight is no longer up to that.

• RMweb Premium
On 09/04/2022 at 20:04, 2ManySpams said:

The D2406 will be announced just after I have done my brass sides on about 6 carcases, probably during this summer. 

Southern Pride plassi bits and Etched parts as provided, (instead of a donor Coach?) and Comet and or Bedford Sides + cast bits and Baccy Bogies. Not sure about innards; maybe adapted Baccy ones or just the usual SP Set for the Coach? Haven't looked at that yet.

IF I paint them that will ensure a fully RT available one in 2024.

Tis a prophecy,as I saw it in my Coffee Grounds.

Duck.

• Like 3
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
10 minutes ago, Mallard60022 said:

The D2406 will be announced just after I have done my brass sides on about 6 carcases, probably during this summer. 

Southern Pride plassi bits and Etched parts as provided, (instead of a donor Coach?) and Comet and or Bedford Sides + cast bits and Baccy Bogies. Not sure about innards; maybe adapted Baccy ones or just the usual SP Set for the Coach? Haven't looked at that yet.

IF I paint them that will ensure a fully RT available one in 2024.

Tis a prophecy,as I saw it in my Coffee Grounds.

Duck.

I ain't bothering with any of them, not £75 sheets each I ain't and no one can make me...

OK, I might have a pair... and some loose ones and some blood and custard ones and... 🙊

• Funny 6
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
On 09/04/2022 at 20:04, 2ManySpams said:

I can't remember who it was at Bachmann I spoke to about a diag. 2406 BCK at the Glasgow show, but they also hadn't seen the memo.

Regarding the set numbers, at £75 each they ought to be right.  Yes, I know adding set numbers is easy, but that that price, they should be spot on.  If one want to renumber these coaches, removing the set numbers in addition to the running numbers isn't really adding much to the task.  Thankfully, Bachmann's printing is easilly removed with a cotton bud and T-Cut.  🙂

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

Hello everyone

I and two other members of The 00 Poll Team were at 'the official announcements day' when Bachmann announced the Bulleid coaches.

We immediately 'jumped on' the relevant member of staff and fully explained the logic of the Diag.2406 and followed that up with written 'chapter & verse'.

I can confidently say that they received the message loud and clear from us on Day 1! 

Brian (on behalf of The 00 Poll Team)

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3
  • Round of applause 3

• RMweb Premium
5 minutes ago, BMacdermott said:

Hello everyone

I and two other members of The 00 Poll Team were at 'the official announcements day' when Bachmann announced the Bulleid coaches.

We immediately 'jumped on' the relevant member of staff and fully explained the logic of the Diag.2406 and followed that up with written 'chapter & verse'.

I can confidently say that they received the message loud and clear from us on Day 1! 

My hero Attack Dog Brian. Thank you.

P

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Premium
On 12/04/2022 at 13:29, BMacdermott said:

Hello everyone

So perhaps we’ll be really lucky and the D2406 will appear at the same time as the known releases. After all, with the quarterly announcements already including unannounced models using new tooling (e.g. the Vanwides arriving with the VEAs) who knows?

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, brushman47544 said:

So perhaps we’ll be really lucky and the D2406 will appear at the same time as the known releases. After all, with the quarterly announcements already including unannounced models using new tooling (e.g. the Vanwides arriving with the VEAs) who knows?

Good point well made.  One can but hope.  It would explain the negative responses in person if Barwell's Basil Fawlty had instructed all his Manuels that "they know nothing" when asked about them. 😉

So, at the risk of being seen as wishlisting by The Mods, I'll have a few Diag. 2406 BCKs in BR(S) green please Bachmann.
Oh, and the two 3-sets (i.e. big and small vents) in late condition in BR(S) green too please.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

I notice in the 'OO Works Report' in the latest club magazine it states:

Bulleid Coaches (five types - new tooling)

I count four types in the combined volume:

• Brake Third Semi-Open (34-725, 34-726 & 34-727)
  • Composite Corridor (34-750 & 34-751)
  • Third Corridor (34-775 & 34-776)
  • Brake Composite (34-800)

Have I missed a model or has Bachmann hinted at a further model?

Edit: I've just gone back through the past issues I have to hand, the Spring 2021 states four, whereas Summer 2021 onwards state five.

Edited by Paul.Uni
  • Informative/Useful 1

Is there any of the upcoming Blood and Custard livery coaches that could be run with a taven car and restaurant open?

Picked up a pair over the weekend and couldn't work out what could legitimately be marshalled together. Obviously there's no coaches (yet) with the lower skirting covering the solebars to match the taven car but any a advice would be appreciated. 

IMG_20220506_153836.jpg.f477c7bbd7b67ed7bfbbbbd52c529f33.jpg

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Paul.Uni said:

Edit: I've just gone back through the past issues I have to hand, the Spring 2021 states four, whereas Summer 2021 onwards state five.

Maybe the fifth element is the diagram 2406 BCK ?

• Round of applause 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Pre Grouping fan said:

Is there any of the upcoming Blood and Custard livery coaches that could be run with a taven car and restaurant open?

Picked up a pair over the weekend and couldn't work out what could legitimately be marshalled together. Obviously there's no coaches (yet) with the lower skirting covering the solebars to match the taven car but any a advice would be appreciated. 

IMG_20220506_153836.jpg.f477c7bbd7b67ed7bfbbbbd52c529f33.jpg

The majority of SR catering vehicles ran 'loose', rather than being in sets (the only exceptions in that era, I believe, were the 'Bournemouth' sets, which had their own dedicated restaurant cars), so you can run those quite happily with the forthcoming B&C 5-set, or indeed the malachite 3-set or BRG 2-set, as they weren't all repainted straight away...

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Paul.Uni said:

They are also tooling for the Open Third

Edited by Graham_Muz
  • Thanks 2
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Godfrey Glyn said:

But with different positions for the roof ventilators?  

Correct, not just an interior change. 

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1