Class 66 in OO Gauge - New Announcement

Hattons Dave

• RMweb Premium
40 minutes ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

A £263 non runner with sound,and its a bug eye light job,some bargin that.........they must be running out of returned items soon.

https://www.hattons.co.uk/893447/hattons_originals_h4_66_026_s_po03_class_66_66740_in_gbrf_europorte_livery_sarah_sound_fitted_pre_owned_sold_as_/stockdetail

Good box thou 🤣

• Funny 6

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

A £263 non runner with sound,and its a bug eye light job,some bargin that.........they must be running out of returned items soon.

https://www.hattons.co.uk/893447/hattons_originals_h4_66_026_s_po03_class_66_66740_in_gbrf_europorte_livery_sarah_sound_fitted_pre_owned_sold_as_/stockdetail

Now at £160. Somebody must have read your comment!

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
12 hours ago, R. Knowles said:

Should really be at no more than a hundred for the condition it's in.

Really? I thought £160 for a sound fitted loco was a bargain for somebody. The sound chip and EM2 are worth nearly that alone.

I would not be surprised to see lots of Hattons 66 spares on ebay soon, total value being £300+

Roy

• Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
16 minutes ago, Roy Langridge said:

Really? I thought £160 for a sound fitted loco was a bargain for somebody. The sound chip and EM2 are worth nearly that alone.

I would not be surprised to see lots of Hattons 66 spares on ebay soon, total value being £300+

Roy

Yeah 160 is good. It’s only a non runner, not a destroyed model. Motors can be had for cheap enough 

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, Hilux5972 said:

Yeah 160 is good. It’s only a non runner, not a destroyed model. Motors can be had for cheap enough 

I bought a bunch of motors for a few quid each on ebay…

though so far ive not needed to use any of them, in a Hattons 66.. (they fit Heljan too), all just needed a little tlc.

I did ponder this one with sound… remember it could be a non-runner due to the sound chip too.. which is a bit more expensive to replace, but at £160 thats probably a risk worth to take given the dc ready value it would have as a runner anyway.

Edited by adb968008
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
11 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

I bought a bunch of motors for a few quid each on ebay…

though so far ive not needed to use any of them, in a Hattons 66.. (they fit Heljan too), all just needed a little tlc.

I did ponder this one with sound… remember it could be a non-runner due to the sound chip too.. which is a bit more expensive to replace, but at £160 thats probably a risk worth to take given the dc ready value it would have as a runner anyway.

There was body bits missing/grills too,and as you say if the chips stuffed its a gamble,good box though,its gone anyway,

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

Err that didnt live well.. posted a few minutes ago…

apparently once inside, there was no motor, sound chip, board or speaker…

Though he seems to have a happy ending, assume its going back.

Maybe I can use one of my spare motors afterall..

Edited by adb968008
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

bloody hell...there is no runner and just damn right false advertising. if they can highlight the cosmetic stuff missing, they SHOULD of highlighted the internal parts missing. Shame on you Hattons..............i'd get in my car and have it out with them, waiting for a shop full of customers first.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
16 minutes ago, jonnyuk said:

bloody hell...there is no runner and just damn right false advertising. if they can highlight the cosmetic stuff missing, they SHOULD of highlighted the internal parts missing. Shame on you Hattons..............i'd get in my car and have it out with them, waiting for a shop full of customers first.

Mistakes happen.

if you read the comments underneath, they seem to have put their hands up, so its either going back or theyve made him whole.

I would love to have seen his face when lifting the top off though.

Funny thing is its more appealing to me now, I have spare board, spare motor and can make handrails. I reckon Bachmann grills might fit. Of course depends on price.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
12 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

Mistakes happen.

if you read the comments underneath, they seem to have put their hands up, so its either going back or theyve made him whole.

I would love to have seen his face when lifting the top off though.

Funny thing is its more appealing to me now, I have spare board, spare motor and can make handrails. I reckon Bachmann grills might fit. Of course depends on price.

apologies i'm not on twitter so only played the video. I think it shows actually for pre-owned, they look at , put it on the track, if it does not move its a non runner. really should add abit more QA into that process if its a non runner to understand if all the bits are there etc. 

how much for a chassis and duff body work?

• RMweb Premium
5 minutes ago, jonnyuk said:

apologies i'm not on twitter so only played the video. I think it shows actually for pre-owned, they look at , put it on the track, if it does not move its a non runner. really should add abit more QA into that process if its a non runner to understand if all the bits are there etc. 

Dunno - ask GM/EMD/Caterpillar

• Funny 4

4 hours ago, jonnyuk said:

That's what I was thinking. They'll have taken the code off the box, tried it and then put it as non runner I expect.

I see one of two things having happened here.

The guts were ripped out in their warranty department to get somebody else's/another return going and not logged it properly, or it wouldn't surprise me for a moment if it is in fact Hattons that have been scammed, depending on how their returns department works and how much work they had on at the time. Somebody returning the item as a non runner/cosmetic issues but in the meantime have gutted the thing, and by the time anyone noticed the loco may not even be associated with anyone if it's been put in a corner without being investigated before money being given back.

Edited by TomScrut
  • Agree 1

I know it's annoying but at least it can go back return paid for a full refund. A waste of time? Yes. Poor QC yes? A rip-off? Well, er, no because the customer has got their money back without argument. And 'Millsy' has got a couple of good Twitter videos out of it (and seems to have taken it in good humour).

Edited by andyman7
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, jonnyuk said:

Not sure tbh, in old money they sold knackers as low as £60, a body alone is worth at least that now.

Above @Roy Langridgespeculates the bits stripped down might be worth £300, and he might have been right, though obviously without the sound and a motor that recedes a bit.

I definitely have enough bits to make it a good one out of it, though it’d not be an ex-factory one it’d be credible, I like those kind of challenges.

There is no doubt prices have gone up, ebay has several sold at prices in the high £250+ bracket for dcc ready. Though there isnt too many out there being sold.

Edited by adb968008

Top marks to the person who bought the model and laughed when he showed the internals - true sense of humour there!

Not very impressed by the lack of checks done by the supplier though.  In fairness, maybe just a one off case, done on a Friday afternoon and the sun was out...  might make them more rigorous next time?

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I know I shouldn’t but one of the Twitter replies about the hattons employee who was jailed after he stole to fund his drug habit did make me laugh! 

Maybe that’s where the innards went 

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, big jim said:

I know I shouldn’t but one of the Twitter replies about the hattons employee who was jailed after he stole to fund his drug habit did make me laugh! 

Maybe that’s where the innards went 

Just be careful parking one up in Liverpool,you might get back and the V12 and generator have dissapeared.

I'm sure I remember seeing somewhere that Hattons, to speed up photography of pre-owned items, were stopping taking some items out of their boxes, if this is true and this is still done then I suppose its no wonder that this has ended up happening. Happy to be corrected on this, and I am sure that Hattons will solve the non running 66 issues swiftly. 

It's the second non runner with no motor that I'm aware of in the last month. 

Nearly all of mine were wobbly runners from them and I'd stick to that description from now on! (Although I've finished my She'd project so have no plans for any more).

To be fair to Hattons they are good at accepting returns.

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, dj_crisp said:

It's the second non runner with no motor that I'm aware of in the last month. 

Nearly all of mine were wobbly runners from them and I'd stick to that description from now on! (Although I've finished my She'd project so have no plans for any more).

To be fair to Hattons they are good at accepting returns.

To be honest if this is stuff from there ruturns of new faulty items i would be surprized,if they are getting them as trade ins why dont they weigh them for a quick test,easy done if they are that pressed for time.