Rapido LB&SCR Class E1 0-6-0T

sem34090

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Are you asking if I can make an announcement of an announcement? 😉

We need to see working samples before we can close the order book. Once it's closed it's likely around 9 months to produce and deliver it.

Edited by RapidoCorbs
  • Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Funny 2

11 hours ago, RapidoCorbs said:

Are you asking if I can make an announcement of an announcement? 😉

We need to see working samples before we can close the order book. Once it's closed it's likely around 9 months to produce and deliver it.

😅 to be fair, I'm asking when you will be able to announce the release date, not the actual date itself.

• RMweb Premium

It's all dependent on how well the samples behave and whether there are adjustment to make so not possible to make promises that we might have to break if there is a hold-up. Hope that's understandable. We'll definitely give a heads-up on when the order book is closing though.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, RapidoCorbs said:

It's all dependent on how well the samples behave and whether there are adjustment to make so not possible to make promises that we might have to break if there is a hold-up. Hope that's understandable. We'll definitely give a heads-up on when the order book is closing though.

I see little risk of this prototype being duplicated in the near future. Given the RMweb hand-wringing when a 'less than' model is perceived to have been rushed to market, surely slow, steady and accurate are wise development watchwords. The models will be ready when they are ready. 

• Like 4
  • Agree 4
  • Round of applause 1

15 hours ago, Wickham Green too said:

You've been watching too much 'Call the Midwife' !

Conception (of a new product) is always more fun than birth (getting it delivered to us)....

Edited by JSpencer
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, RapidoCorbs said:

Please excuse my ignorance on how this process usually works, but are you anticipating to receive samples of every version, or just a selection? Do you know which ones these will be? Very much looking forward to seeing this progress!

Edited by Olive_Green1923

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, Fair Oak Junction said:

image.png.dc877f5736862696043234916283ca69.png

Hmm!

For my money, the smokebox handrail, door handle and tank front handrails are a little 'spindy' - unless they are that way to compensate for the paint thickness?

They do look terribly vulnerable to accidental damage, though.

CJI.

• RMweb Premium
18 minutes ago, Compound2632 said:

I'm not particularly concerned about the tank front handrails since the one I'm after in the condition I'm after didn't have them. As for the rest:

127-Poitiers-c.jpg

[Embedded link to Brighton Circle website: https://www.lbscr.org/Rolling-Stock/Locomotives/Stroudley/E1.xhtml.]

That would seem to confirm my impression - the smokebox dart is definitely somewhat undersized.

CJI.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, Fair Oak Junction said:

It's a different smokebox door to the one on the EP, note the length of the hinges. The EP one seems to be the later style door so I don't know if the dart is comparable.

Yes, I see that now. With the amount of gubbins, this is clearly one of the late condition versions.

• Like 1