Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×

Accurascale Class 55 Deltic - 4mm scale

59 minutes ago, 97406 said:

Will there be a function on the decoder for dunking the biscuit in the tea?

Surely you need them to be able to walk from one end to the other - unless people are ordering 2 sets per loco

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Graham108 said:

Surely you need them to be able to walk from one end to the other - unless people are ordering 2 sets per loco

For the preserved locos, you don't even need Rule 1. Just put a set in each cab... how often do members of the ownership or engineering team occupy the rear cab??

That said, doesn't solve the problem with the loco is on shed or in the sidings...

Edited by G-BOAF
  • Agree 2

Can I ask a question from the picture above with the driver, the window rivets seem very pronounced on the white surrounding I don't recall seeing them so noticeable in pictures. Is this something that was change in later life or did they get less obvious in later life, wore away or covered by layers of paint? Just wondering as I have 2 blue ordered and wasn't sure if they would be like later life?

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, G-BOAF said:

For the preserved locos, you don't even need Rule 1. Just put a set in each cab... how often do members of the ownership or engineering team occupy the rear cab??

That said, doesn't solve the problem with the loco is on shed or in the sidings...

What about a third occupant in between standing on an old milk crate nicked from the shed, that’s what I needed to do to see out the Deltic windows……😄

• Like 3
  • Funny 2

5 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

Time for another Deltic related announcement.

Presenting... AccuraFolk! No, it's not a new musical movement combining Irish folk movement with Napier drone. It is a new range of driver figures and accessories!

We teamed up with the great people at Modelu to design a driver and secondman crew for our Deltics. 

7E7027A4-F933-4606-A25A-E52393C93623_1_105_c.jpeg.5c6305074f0f21e36fe0f50574050ef6.jpeg

Using 3D scanning and printing technology and a 1969 issue BR uniform we have since created a coloured 3D print of driver and secondman specifically for our Deltics. 

E006A9C7-5989-44C1-8C8A-3F9A820BFBC3_1_105_c.jpg.cec822866ca6cd6d9b62b4a41620ea43.jpg

C528C596-1E79-40C4-ACF3-26732CC93D4A_1_105_c.jpg.0c83ecb1ef3b66dea53d90b84723d4c8.jpg

Check out the whole story in our latest blog (including how a Hobnob almost got us in trouble!) and pre-ordering information. https://accurascale.co.uk/blogs/news/new-announcement-crew-your-deltics-with-accurafolk

We will of course look to expand this British designed and made range should this first run prove successful.

Cheers!

Fran 

Ka-ching

Two more sets sold!!

1 hour ago, boxbrownie said:

What about a third occupant in between standing on an old milk crate nicked from the shed, that’s what I needed to do to see out the Deltic windows……😄

Maybe AS can provide some beer kegs from the IRM range for this purpose :-p

• Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, Colin_McLeod said:

Do the two guys have names? and can they be programmed to change end when no one is looking?

😀

Perhaps something along these lines…. 

• Like 4
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Hal Nail said:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/marcusgilmour/16399028519

Quite a well lit earlier photo - you cant see clearly enough to spot them in a lot of photos.

I think they look a little more pronounced on extremely close up photos, but if you were to make them any smaller, then the paint would render them practically invisible. Viewed from foot or more away they look great.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
55 minutes ago, Dicky L said:

Just wondering did Deltics always have a 2 man crew? or would it be appropriate to just have a driver in some of the Deltics?

Nope, always during BR days two man running.

• Like 1

We had some single manned turns at Gateshead, generally trains formed of air con stock. There were double manned turns with air cons as well where one leg of the diagram was a steam heat set, or where there wasn't sufficient time for a PNB to comply with single manning agreement, or our London lodge turns - from at least 1974 when I started until HSTs took over we worked the 10.00 (Scotsman) and the 18.00 (Newcastle Executive) out of Kings Cross   

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
21 minutes ago, boxbrownie said:

Nope, always during BR days two man running.

Wasn't there an agreement with the Unions that trains running at 100mph or above would be double manned? It was only later that single manning was agreed. HSTs were double manned when first introduced.

Edited by brushman47544
  • Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
13 minutes ago, brushman47544 said:

Wasn't there an agreement with the Unions that trains running at 100mph or above would be double manned? It was only later that single manning was agreed. HSTs were double manned when first introduced.

Yes, all Deltics were double manned during BR service.

I think it was around 1996 or so the agreement with ASLEF regarding 110 mph working was implemented.

54 minutes ago, thetrains said:

Noticed the horns on roof of Nimbus which look good, I am not a Deltic detail/modification expert, but looking back this morning at old books, I can't find any photos from early sixties with roof mounted horns for any Deltic.  Was this unique to Nimbus at that time 1962, Accuras. specs say buffer beam mounted as was in 1964?  I have Creppelo on order as Nimbus sold out, and was going to relocate horns to bonnet but now may put them on roof instead.  Rule 1, haha.  Cheers

Are the bufferbeam mounted horns actually modelled? Contained in the bag of extras? I.e. is there anything to actually relocate....?