Accurascale Class 55 Deltic - 4mm scale

I agree the etch does seem a bit shallow

Precision Lables do a stamped one as part of a pin badge (simply remove the pin), however it will be heavier. I just don't trust a small piece of blu-tak holding something more bulky to a lamp iron when a model is thundering along a layout at a scale 100mph!

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, G-BOAF said:

Ornamentations for my pair now in hand! Thanks to Fox.Screenshot_20220526-131756.png.b67859ede02b6f2cb5638131d4e897d5.png

Best ive seen in model form. I'm surprised nobody's made a cast version though, even in plastic should be feasible. 

2 hours ago, Gary H said:

Best ive seen in model form. I'm surprised nobody's made a cast version though, even in plastic should be feasible. 

I have a cast version "somewhere" it attaches via a small round magnet inside the nose. I don't recall where I got it being a number of years back.

• Like 1

Posted 14 hours ago

18 hours ago, Farang said:

How was this headboard made? Looks like it could be a glass fibre moulding?  Etched in brass it looks very flat.

Expand  

Cracking picture 

Glad you liked it. Here's the train arriving in April 1965. I just wish I  had a better camera - and the sun shone more!

764502595_D9018_14.65-Copy.jpg.a0b246a40ca387a62893cd6cb07a03a4.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
14 hours ago, Bishdurham said:

Less, if they fell overboard!

I think we all know here for definate would be an occation where less is more,someone would notice some where even the builders had forgot about.Has anyone found out the name of the guy driving the container to the wherehouse as we will want to know,what time hes due,and how clean are his underpants.Lets hope the guy who gets the one with the flickering dash lights at 100mph will think before hes on here moaning,i for one will be happy to see number9 from RoS on my door until i lift it,

• Like 2
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
19 hours ago, Farang said:

How was this headboard made? Looks like it could be a glass fibre moulding?  Etched in brass it looks very flat.

D9018.2 4.65.jpg

I believe that it was a glass fibre moulding but it will have obviously incorporated some sort of metal frame.  The odd thing about it was that it clearly wasn't designed to be fitted on the headboard brackets; maybe someone thought that a large headboard on there might partially obscure the headcode?  

It's a long while back but I don't think that, for whatever reason, it lasted all that long in everyday use and it can't have been easy to put in position or remove.

• Informative/Useful 1

Is someone setting up a rota for asking every 5 minutes over the weekend "Are they here yet"?  I'm happy to do "kicking the back of the drivers seat" duty if it would help!

Best wishes

Roddy

PS perhaps the Accurascale Team should shut off their tech over the weekend so that they can have some time to themselves.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

43 minutes ago, The Stationmaster said:

I believe that it was a glass fibre moulding but it will have obviously incorporated some sort of metal frame.  The odd thing about it was that it clearly wasn't designed to be fitted on the headboard brackets; maybe someone thought that a large headboard on there might partially obscure the headcode?  

It's a long while back but I don't think that, for whatever reason, it lasted all that long in everyday use and it can't have been easy to put in position or remove.

I think it was an inspired idea even if it didn’t work well in practice. It looks as if it was in the driver’s line of sight. Much as I admire the HST (as well as the Deltic), sticking a piece of printed paper inside the windscreen was a bit of a come down.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Farang said:

D9018.2 4.65.jpg

Re: The 'Winged Thistle' headboard - yes looks like it was fibreglass, and on display at the NRM:

https://collection.sciencemuseumgroup.org.uk/objects/co207445/headboard-winged-thistle-headboard

• Like 3

2 hours ago, The Stationmaster said:

The odd thing about it was that it clearly wasn't designed to be fitted on the headboard brackets; maybe someone thought that a large headboard on there might partially obscure the headcode?  

It really wouldn't have mattered if it had.  The headcode was only there for the benefit of signalmen, and they all knew eactly when that was the train that was due, would have been advised if it was running late and they weren't likely to confuse it with anything else - and the headboard would have been sufficient to to confirm it was indeed the Scotsman as it approaching them.

• RMweb Premium
On 24/05/2022 at 17:59, Gilbert said:

That looks like a boat to me......

An admiral once told me in no uncertain terms a boat can be carried by a ship but not the other way around, maybe he knew? 🤫

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

If I have the correct vessel/ship/boat it will arrive on the 30th. If this is the case I have my secret agent in a port ready to hijack the containers so me first haha wow AS have a rally busy week ahead good luck 

• Funny 1

16 minutes ago, younGGuns7 said:

If I have the correct vessel/ship/boat it will arrive on the 30th. If this is the case I have my secret agent in a port ready to hijack the containers so me first haha wow AS have a rally busy week ahead good luck 

Ahh but which one of the 2000 odd containers ...... blue green or purple one won't help :-)

• Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, Foulounoux said:

Ahh but which one of the 2000 odd containers ...... blue green or purple one won't help :-)

I have contacts within 🤪🤫 bringing in over 800 containers a year you have to use your powers 😂😂😂😂😂

Edited by younGGuns7
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, younGGuns7 said:

I have contacts within 🤪🤫 bringing in over 800 containers a year you have to use your powers 😂😂😂😂😂

Am starting to understand now, why keeping the name of the (select your preference): [boat/ship/vessel/raft/floatation device] was a corporate secret?

😀

• Funny 2