Accurascale Class 55 Deltic - 4mm scale

• RMweb Gold
25 minutes ago, brushman47544 said:

If you want to avoid the ship / boat argument, just call it a vessel as that covers pretty much everything.

Artery or vein? 

• RMweb Gold
47 minutes ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

image.png.c8d5d5b654a0886fb1d78f883ca5a417.png

Number 1. Buying an Accurascale Deltic.

Mike.

2. They post random rubbish on the thread about them in the hope that Accurascale get the hint and airdrop them.

Oh wait. That's exactly what I've just done! Back of the queue :(

• Funny 6
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
On 24/05/2022 at 16:42, 60800 said:

Ship or Boat, as long as it floats, is heading in this general direction and doesn't have Evergreen painted on the side, you can call it what you like for me 😛

Earliest currently listed arrival for any Evergreen container ship at a major English container port is Monday the 30th at Felixstowe  (from Rotterdam).  But of course the ship might have been re-routed to call Rotterdam before calling at Felixstowe thus delaying its arrival  at the British port from the weekend.

• RMweb Gold
On 24/05/2022 at 11:20, Godfrey Glyn said:

Fran said - "Current info is that the boat will dock at the weekend, "

I hate to be pedantic Fran, especially as I simply love everything you produce (order list available as proof) , but keeping to the accuracy that you are already famous for, I hope they are coming on a SHIP, not a boat!! Its a bit like people calling a locomotive a train!!

All the very best and really looking forward to receiving my set of Deltics as and when you and the team get them to me. 

Godfrey

Then why is it called 'the boat train'  when it is a train taking passengers to the ports 

10 minutes ago, The Stationmaster said:

Earliest currently listed arrival for any Evergreen container ship at a major English container port is Monday the 30th at Felixstowe  (from Rotterdam).  But of course the ship might have been re-routed to call Rotterdam before calling at Felixstowe thus delaying its arrival  at the British port from the weekend.

Who said the ship was an Evergreen vessel.

I've just realised that next week is a short week (i.e. Thurs and Fri are bank holidays). Thereby meaning if container arrives in warehouse on Tuesday, 10 days of dispatch time takes us to Wednesday 15th...

Nobody is forcing you to read the thread, this will be where people will post their thoughts on their new models when they arrive.

Personally, very much looking forward to when mine arrives.

• Like 4

I made a similar comment on Facebook but 

Having worked in logistics for many years and had to handle imports from Asia all I can say is the team at Accurascale have managed this superbly    its a complex enough task in normal times but in these current  covid days what they have done in getting these models here is nothing short of extraordinary 

Well done to all and as someone with 2 blue beasts in that container thankyou 

• Like 4
  • Agree 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

3 hours ago, LNERandBR said:

Nobody is forcing you to read the thread, this will be where people will post their thoughts on their new models when they arrive.

Personally, very much looking forward to when mine arrives.

Let's just try and keep it on topic to the AS 55's..

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
On 24/05/2022 at 09:25, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

Current info is that the ship will dock at the weekend, the containers will be unloaded and transferred to the warehouse early next week, then breakdown, accepting into stock, checks followed by picking, packing and posting several thousand orders will begin. As there are many, many pre-orders to fulfil we estimate it will take 7-10 working days to get them all out there (worst case scenario) and will be done in date order of fully paid up orders. So, you patience while we complete this (and we will go as fast as we can) will be much appreciated. 

Not too long to go!

Cheers!

Fran  

Hey ho, that puts me in number 1 spot, i ordered the first 2, fully paid on the stand at warley way back in Nov 2018…

for once I can say, form an orderly line behind me….

(reminds me ive still got to cough up for the last two).

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 5
  • Funny 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

4 hours ago, Willoughby Glen said:

Personally I wish the Admins would lock this thread until Accurascale make their next announcements. Fed up with reading dribble about boats, ships, what next loco, etc, etc, in this thread rather than the actual topic

Wait. You are a member of a forum for rail enthusiasts and you are complaining about “dribble”?!  Good god man, we literally count rivets……. ;-)

• Like 3
  • Funny 11

• RMweb Gold
14 hours ago, Willoughby Glen said:

Personally I wish the Admins would lock this thread until Accurascale make their next announcements. Fed up with reading dribble about boats, ships, what next loco, etc, etc, in this thread rather than the actual topic

Now I'm confused.  I thought Deltics were boats?😉

• Agree 1
  • Funny 4