Accurascale Class 55 Deltic - 4mm scale

• RMweb Gold
Just now, MikeParkin65 said:

Black tack in the meantime? 

I am keen not to take the body off more than I have to. Would like to fit crew and sort the speaker issue once and for all

, all in one go.

Roy

• Like 5
  • Agree 2

First post, and first review here so Hi everyone!

To start with i'm absolutely blown away by this Deltic, I've got D9004 sound fitted, was a bit of a late purchase but very much worth it in my opinion. All my previous locos that i've got have been either from the big red/blue box companies and on the whole i've been happy with them and the level of detail. This is considering that i've only got back into the hobby 3 years ago compared to the last time I had a trainset over 25years. The unboxing experiance in my view was a joy, felt like a child again at Christmas. After all thier is something to commend for a well designed box. I do though I feel have to agree that the icecube pack may need a slight rethink for a model of this detail, but this is only minor.

Unfortunatly as a few have reported here I did have some loose detail in the box, 3 steps, a bogie chain and a bit of the fuel tank detail. No bother though as that was soon carefully sorted. The only other slight issues i've noticed is a small mark on the cab roof, but that can easily be sorted in the future with a bit of weathering and the of course the well reporting missing screws causing the vibration rattle. My only other issue that i've noticed is with the couplings. One is pointing up and the other is pointing down. Now this hasn't of yet caused any issues so I'm sure I can continue without this being an issue.

Running wise this loco is top draw in my book. It's amazing how quiet it is, well untill I press function 1 :D! I need to tweek the CV for the low end crawl as it seems to start to run smooth at 3% power on my digitrax. I've seen some posts on here with some recommended values so will give those a try when I get round to setting max speed and acceleration/deceleration values. The sound to my is just magical. My only other 2 locos with sound are TTS fitted and the difference as you would expect is night and day. I can't wait to get more of my locos fitted with 'Pro' sound like this.

Overall, this being my first Accurascale product I can't wait to get my hands on D6700, already on pre-order. My wallet is also being seriously tempted to get the Class 31 and the Mk1 suburbans and the HOP and MCV's when their back in stock! Put very simply I'm blown away by this loco and can't wait to see what else Accurascale release.

One question for you all, would these Accurafolk be the right crew to fit to the D9004

https://www.accurascale.com/collections/crews-and-people/products/class-55-deltic-crew-driver-secondman-early-br

Rob

• Like 6
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

24 minutes ago, RedgateModels said:

not 100% certain but I think the Zimo decoders can have their function outputs switched from logic to power with cv changes, so should be able to be set up for the deltic.

Some can and some can’t. There are “c” and “d” versions of some older decoders. It’d be expensive to get the “wrong” one :(

• RMweb Gold

Accurascale are now open for business for leftovers. I have just become a paid up member of  the octogenarian branch of the HeyBigSpenders Accurascale Chapter with 55011 Sound. Gateshead’s finest if you please.Though only historic architectural  relics survive now. Central station remains as one of,if not the best example of railway architecture UK. 52A unfortunately had a well founded reputation for turning out its locos not quite as maybe they should have been. You pass its relics on the way over the Tyne Bridge viewed from the top deck of a Durham Road bus. Where Deltics thundered,Azumas now soar….

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

3 hours ago, zr2498 said:

Presumably that meant taking the body off (and chains). Were the speaker bracket screws in place?

Luckily...... or unluckily two of the chains were missing on my deltic.... I'll wait till all my deltics arrive before I ask for spares incase bits off others. Yes speaker brackets were fine, 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, thetrains said:

Not a route expert, but was there ever a regular Deltic run to the West country, seeing as Accura have included a headcode set for Edinburgh/Plymouth - Plymouth/Edinburgh I can't imagine why they would put one in if their wasn't, think it was 1V but will check in morning when I get up t loft.  Anyway will put that one in for my WR/SR transition layout when my Crepello crew arrives. Cheers

it was one of the last booked turns north of York in 1981. Ed-Yk and return.

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
10 minutes ago, thetrains said:

Not a route expert, but was there ever a regular Deltic run to the West country, seeing as Accura have included a headcode set for Edinburgh/Plymouth - Plymouth/Edinburgh I can't imagine why they would put one in if their wasn't, think it was 1V but will check in morning when I get up t loft.  Anyway will put that one in for my WR/SR transition layout when my Crepello crew arrives. Cheers

Only between Edinburgh and York….  But of course it may have been the case one day …. When no-one was looking…. That there was no spare loco at York Sheffield Derby Brum Gloucester Bristol or Newton Abbott and the York man took one to Plymouth 

Edited by Phil Bullock
  • Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, Phil Bullock said:

That there was no spare loco at York Sheffield Derby Brum Gloucester Bristol or Newton Abbott and the York man took one to Plymouth 

Spoilsport !

• Funny 1

17 minutes ago, Phil Bullock said:

Only between Edinburgh and York….  But of course it may have been the case one day …. When no-one was looking…. That there was no spare loco at York Sheffield Derby Brum Gloucester Bristol or Newton Abbott and the York man took one to Plymouth 

Just like when D1013 went to Leeds on 1E54 there was no spare engine at Cardiff,Gloucester,Birmingham,Derby or Sheffield ,and the Gloucester driver giving their best impression of a Saltley seagull.

Edited by d46037
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Phil Bullock said:

Famously happened in steam days when a GWR Grange made it to Huddersfield in 1964, arriving with a pieces of various Yorkshire stations on its running plate.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
12 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Turn Your Deltic Up To 11 With Our DCC Sound Decoders and Speaker Kit

Hi everyone,

Have you bought one of our new DC/DCC ready Deltics and wish you went for the DCC sound version? Are you seeing videos online of the full Napier drone on our factory fitted sound models and fancy a slice of the action?

Well, now you can upgrade for the full Accurathrash experience!

With a sugar cube speaker already installed in your locomotive, you can now order our new "Accurathrash" EM1 type bass reflex speaker, and our full sound project pre-loaded on an ESU Loksound 5 decoder. 

Screenshot2022-06-27at10_41_51.thumb.png.d6857f9c7d8930c0f19f5e309cef6b11.png

So, you can fully retrofit your Deltic and it's all plug and play!

We are also launching a Lokpilot 5 which is completely tailored for our Deltics, so you can access all the lighting an control functions with ease.

Stock is due in approx. 4 weeks time, and once again we offer unbeatable value, with the Loksound 5 sound decoder priced at £100.00, the Accurathrash speaker is £14.95 and our Lokpilot is just £29.50. 

Pre-order here: https://www.accurascale.com/collections/dcc-decoders-and-accessories

Cheers!

Fran 

Are these going to be available for the foreseeable future or are they in limited numbers and only available whilst this present run is supplied to dealers and customers?.  I only ask as I’m presently at Peterborough hospital’s A&E with a suspected TIA or minor stroke and trying to read comments with blurred vision, is challenging 😝 

• Friendly/supportive 16

10 hours ago, thetrains said:

Quite plausible if the final destination of the train was Plymouth but it wouldn’t have been Deltic hauled throughout. The only Deltic that went to Devon pre preservation was a special to Paignton in the late 70’s which I think was originally intended to be Plymouth.

Mark

Edited by Mark

• RMweb Gold
11 hours ago, Roy Langridge said:

Evening.

Any news on what the plan if for the vibrating sound models with no screws?

Thanks in advance,

Roy

According to @owentherailit might be other loose screws (fans / board) as well as speaker brackets. I guess if the body is removed it is worth checking them all.

For now I have reduced CV63 (volume) from 192 max to 100 and 2 of the 3 rattlers are much improved - short term solution

• RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, zr2498 said:

According to @owentherailit might be other loose screws (fans / board) as well as speaker brackets. I guess if the body is removed it is worth checking them all.

For now I have reduced CV63 (volume) from 192 max to 100 and 2 of the 3 rattlers are much improved - short term solution

I have likewise reduced the volume. I found at 80 the vibration had pretty mich gone, but the locos were a bit too quiet. Now also got mine set at 100. 

Roy

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
13 hours ago, Magna Junction said:

Can you use any Deltic sound chip or is the loco only compatible with the ESU sound decoder?

Hi @Magna Junction,

You can use any chip, we just recommend ESU is all. 

12 hours ago, Roy Langridge said:

Evening.

Any news on what the plan if for the vibrating sound models with no screws?

Thanks in advance,

Roy

Hi Roy,

Our warranty man was exhibiting at the Perth show this weekend and only gets back to his desk today so will start distributing any warranty parts from today onwards. Thank you for your patience. 

7 hours ago, jools1959 said:

Are these going to be available for the foreseeable future or are they in limited numbers and only available whilst this present run is supplied to dealers and customers?.  I only ask as I’m presently at Peterborough hospital’s A&E with a suspected TIA or minor stroke and trying to read comments with blurred vision, is challenging 😝 

Hi @jools1959,

Sorry to hear that you are under the weather and wish you a speedy recovery. These will be something we will be keeping in stock going forward for this and future Deltic production runs.

Now I'm off to wish I ordered 1980s KOYLI and Tulyar for myself! 

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

I didn't consider buying one of these lovely machines when the pre-orders were invited as I have a couple of Bachmann Deltics, but seeing as Accurascale have now opened up the remaining units to general sale I have taken the plunge and 55 001(non sound) is now ordered and paid for. I thought I would have a look to see what the general state of affairs is with regards to this model on the forum. I think I will wait until mine arrives instead, I don't feel up to ploughing through 227 pages of chat 🤣

• Like 2
  • Funny 1