Accurascale Class 55 Deltic - 4mm scale

9 hours ago, thetrains said:

I'll get there in the end, even if  have to remove kinematic on detailed b/beam end.  

I had the occasional front bogie derailment (annoying as it meant repair work as pipes, steps or guard irons would sometimes be found in the ballast)  so removed the front kinematic mech completely, after all it was doing nothing, hidden behind the pipes and ive no intention of selling them so dont care about resale value.  They now never derail at all, over ten hours running at all speeds over some iffy trackwork and they cling on to the rails gracefully without a hint of trouble.  The rear bogies are fine, maybe the weight of the train keeps the coupling mech in line.

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

Here we have smoke without a frying capacitor.......

Clever but needs a x10 smoke volume multiplication…. 

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

The deltic i got off ebay arrived this morning.

A stunning model. Nothing loose at all and runs and sounds amazing

Paid £349 for it but overall happy with price paid.

The chap i had mine off stioll has 3 available at time of posting

Items for sale by burbage2012 | eBay

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Big, big day for me today!!........Went down to mail today (17.5 Km round trip), in one of the big mail boxes were two chip pans, so I cooked myself fish and chips tonight😃, in my normal post box was the latest Scalefour News and in the other, was a copy of "The West Coast Main Line 1957-1962"...........and to top it all, Accurascale D9007 Pinza, what a model😂😂!!. Lots of bits to stick back on though.

Mike

• Friendly/supportive 2

9 minutes ago, E100 said:

Rails of Sheffield have got a handful of KOYLI with full yellow ends as 55002. Both sound and non-sound fitted.

Thanks for the info! Ordered one, at least normal price, not 100 quid extra like on the popular auction site...

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

On 25/06/2022 at 10:59, Invicta Informant said:

Ballymoss arrived on the 17th and on the 23rd I had to sent it back. It seemed fine at first after running in on a rolling road, but it started being non-responsive on my test track on the 21st and I tried it again on my club's test track and same thing happened. The power light on the controllers (I run on analogue) would get dimmer the more I turned the controllers dials, which indicates to me the model must be shorting out somewhere.

The returns/exchange process was very painless I am glad to say, but it is a shame I had to do this. I am currently awaiting a repair or replacement.

To follow this up, I received my replacement Ballymoss last week and it has been running flawlessly. And no loose bits of detailing in the box either.

Thank you very much Accurascale for your excellent customer and after care service. It is much appreciated.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Had a play tonight with Ballymoss and some of my heritage deltics. 

D4AFFBE3-DE84-428C-ABBF-39A8A5AB1D05.jpeg.1b13ddded73de2453df9de3337861273.jpeg

from front to back, my Dapol bodied/a1/craftsman/Fox/Bachmann chassis dp1(which cost £68 in 2010), Accurascale Ballymoss, my childhood Lima deltic conversion of dp1-all my own work apart from the flush glaze and finally a bone stock Lima FAFY

pretty pleased how well my 12 year old dp1 build holds up against Ballymoss. It now needs sound and lights. Any chance of a breaker body Fran to donate the cab and engine room lighting?????

oh and sorry Fran & Co, I LOVE my AS deltic, but I love my own built DP1 more, but then I’m a modeller at heart 😉

Edited by RedgateModels
  • Like 6
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

12 hours ago, RedgateModels said:

Had a play tonight with Ballymoss and some of my heritage deltics. 

D4AFFBE3-DE84-428C-ABBF-39A8A5AB1D05.jpeg.1b13ddded73de2453df9de3337861273.jpeg

from front to back, my Dapol bodied/a1/craftsman/Fox/Bachmann chassis dp1(which cost £68 in 2010), Accurascale Ballymoss, my childhood Lima deltic conversion of dp1-all my own work apart from the flush glaze and finally a bone stock Lima FAFY

pretty pleased how well my 12 year old dp1 build holds up against Ballymoss. It now needs sound and lights. Any chance of a breaker body Fran to donate the cab and engine room lighting?????

oh and sorry Fran & Co, I LOVE my AS deltic, but I love my own built DP1 more, but then I’m a modeller at heart 😉

As Fr. Dougal might have said, "That Ballymoss looks to be smaller than the Dapol, is it HO scale? And the Lima is much smaller Ted, is that N-Gauge then?"

Edited by Damo666
The 'Far & Near' theory
  • Like 1
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
On 05/07/2022 at 15:54, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

For those of you with non functioning powerpacks, ESU has advised the following:

Please alter the following CV’s:
CV113 = 127
CV31 = 16
CV32 = 0
CV363 =  31

Cheers!

Fran 

Sorry to be resurrecting this old reply but I’ve just tried this on my NCE power cab and it appears to have no effect. Can anybody report that it has worked or whether there are any other things to activate stay alive? thanks in advance? 

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, MikeParkin65 said:

Sorry to be resurrecting this old reply but I’ve just tried this on my NCE power cab and it appears to have no effect. Can anybody report that it has worked or whether there are any other things to activate stay alive? thanks in advance? 

They are the correct CVs, as the Powerpack is using AUX12.  Have you read the CVs to make sure they are being set as required?  If the CVs are set correctly then you may have a defective Powerpack.

Steve

• Thanks 1

Well, my 55 001 has been back with Accurascale now for 14 days after having to return it with a motor/ running fault, and I haven't heard anything yet. They say allow 28 days so I guess this is going to go the whole distance before I get my lovely model back!  A little progress e-mail wouldn't go amiss though 🙂

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
13 hours ago, 55020 said:

They are the correct CVs, as the Powerpack is using AUX12.  Have you read the CVs to make sure they are being set as required?  If the CVs are set correctly then you may have a defective Powerpack.

Steve

Thanks Steve

Programmed on Main and then thought that might be the issue so repeated on the programming track - all CV's definately changed. I have 2 Deltics and have only changed the one so far so will change the second and see what happens and report back.  I have live frogs anyway and dont rely on stay alives so in many ways not an issue for me but being as its fitted I'd like to see it working :)

• Friendly/supportive 2

46 minutes ago, MikeParkin65 said:

Thanks Steve

Programmed on Main and then thought that might be the issue so repeated on the programming track - all CV's definately changed. I have 2 Deltics and have only changed the one so far so will change the second and see what happens and report back.  I have live frogs anyway and dont rely on stay alives so in many ways not an issue for me but being as its fitted I'd like to see it working :)

They do take a few minutes to fully charge up the power pack I noticed.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, mvwilson said:

They do take a few minutes to fully charge up the power pack I noticed.

I had it droning on for a good 10 mins (as you do!) before lifting it from the track - it went silent the second it left the track :)

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, metadyneman said:

Well, my 55 001 has been back with Accurascale now for 14 days after having to return it with a motor/ running fault, and I haven't heard anything yet. They say allow 28 days so I guess this is going to go the whole distance before I get my lovely model back!  A little progress e-mail wouldn't go amiss though 🙂

I am sure if you go on the website and open the web chat box, they will give you an update. Their customer service is second to none in my experience

• Agree 6