Accurascale Class 55 Deltic - 4mm scale

• RMweb Gold
35 minutes ago, Tony Walker said:

Almost, I had a small pipe missing from the accessory bag from a class 37. Emailed Bachmann Spares with a photo and two pipes supplied within a couple of days, free of charge. And I didn't wait over a month for them.

Have you used our service Tony?

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
4 minutes ago, McC said:

Well I sent an email last evening at 17:30 to service and have not received my spares as yet! Awful service.

And for the sake of some on RMWeb that is actually a joke, I don’t expect anything until this afternoon 🤣

• Like 1
  • Funny 12

30 minutes ago, McC said:

Yes I have. I needed spares for a Deltic and waited over a month for them, despite a few email reminders. In fairness I did request the spares shortly after the locos had come into the country, so the spares may not have been available straight away.

My post wasn't aimed at knocking anyone, but it's annoying when people do so in such a manner. I've dealt with both Accurascale and Bachmann on a few occasions and found both to be very good. But who's to know who's actually the best. To be fair to all companies, we shouldn't really be asking for spares on any new locos, whether bits have fallen off and lost, or missing in the first place.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

10 hours ago, Tony Walker said:

Yes I have. I needed spares for a Deltic and waited over a month for them, despite a few email reminders. In fairness I did request the spares shortly after the locos had come into the country, so the spares may not have been available straight away.

My post wasn't aimed at knocking anyone, but it's annoying when people do so in such a manner. I've dealt with both Accurascale and Bachmann on a few occasions and found both to be very good. But who's to know who's actually the best. To be fair to all companies, we shouldn't really be asking for spares on any new locos, whether bits have fallen off and lost, or missing in the first place.

Unfortunately there will always be the odd imperfection in a batch of items.  Plus shipping and onward transportation to the customer, to make matters worse. 

Likewise as more and more parts are added to produce a more detailed model, the higher the chance of the odd part being broken or missing through production, packing and distribution. 

At least Accurascale have spare components to rectify any defective models.  Not all companies do..... 

• Like 6
  • Agree 4

• 2 weeks later...

Looking at the Class 50 spec reminded me that the Deltics were supposed to have auto-off cab light on movement. from my experience this features is not enabled. 

Can someone advise of the correct CV settings to enable this feature?

Also is it possible to 'invert' the cab lights (so the rear light is on) in order to depict, say, the support crew or engineers in the rear cab during running?

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, G-BOAF said:

Looking at the Class 50 spec reminded me that the Deltics were supposed to have auto-off cab light on movement. from my experience this features is not enabled. 

Can someone advise of the correct CV settings to enable this feature?

I thought my sound models had that as standard. Will check tomorrow. 

Roy

15 minutes ago, Roy Langridge said:

I thought my sound models had that as standard. Will check tomorrow. 

Roy

I'm pretty sure my cab light stayed on when I started the loco off, hence my question but I can't check now as she is back at AS for repair, and my other Deltic is awaiting a sound chip from AS (via the DPS)

• RMweb Gold

Cab lights do not turn off automatically.  If you would like this feature, here's the magic numbers:

Have cab lights auto turn off when moving

Index CV                               New CV value                      CV range                           Original CV value

CV31 = 16, CV32 = 3              CV497 = 6                              n/a                                      4

CV31 = 16, CV32 = 4              CV270 = 10                            n/a                                      8

I have updated my adjusted CV summary, available here:

• Thanks 2
  • Informative/Useful 4

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, G-BOAF said:

Also is it possible to 'invert' the cab lights (so the rear light is on) in order to depict, say, the support crew or engineers in the rear cab during running?

Simply put, it is possible.  However there are two possible ways to enable this, one easy and the other introduces some compromise.

Firstly, if all you want to do is have this feature permanently enabled i.e. F12 will always illuminate the backward facing cab and never the forward cab this is easily done. 

If you would like to retain the F12 function as it is, but add the option to invert the functionality (and have both on as well!), then you would need to identify a F key that you would like to be reassigned i.e. a function that you currently would not use would be deleted and replaced by the inverted cab light function.  The exisiting function could be either a light function or a sound function.

Let me know which of these you would like and I'll supply the necessary CV changes.

Steve

1 hour ago, 55020 said:

Simply put, it is possible.  However there are two possible ways to enable this, one easy and the other introduces some compromise.

Firstly, if all you want to do is have this feature permanently enabled i.e. F12 will always illuminate the backward facing cab and never the forward cab this is easily done. 

If you would like to retain the F12 function as it is, but add the option to invert the functionality (and have both on as well!), then you would need to identify a F key that you would like to be reassigned i.e. a function that you currently would not use would be deleted and replaced by the inverted cab light function.  The exisiting function could be either a light function or a sound function.

Let me know which of these you would like and I'll supply the necessary CV changes.

Steve

Many thanks. This is very helpful. Basically I would like each cab to work independently, so still retaining the front cab if possible

So basically It seems I will need to 'loose' one of the existing functions (my Prodigy Advance2 controller only has 28) to reassign the F key.

Can I get back to you on this once my loco has returned/over the Xmas break?

On D9009, the steam heat boiler has been removed on the prototype, so this is maybe an easy choice. On D9002 less so...

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, G-BOAF said:

Many thanks. This is very helpful. Basically I would like each cab to work independently, so still retaining the front cab if possible

So basically It seems I will need to 'loose' one of the existing functions (my Prodigy Advance2 controller only has 28) to reassign the F key.

Can I get back to you on this once my loco has returned/over the Xmas break?

On D9009, the steam heat boiler has been removed on the prototype, so this is maybe an easy choice. On D9002 less so...

Sure thing.  Drop me a pm or post here, I'll pick it up and let you know which CVs are to be adjusted to remap things.

Steve

• Informative/Useful 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, Photomunki said:

Any news on when the DCC sound chips will be back in stock?

Hi @Photomunki,

Just awaiting customs to release them. We should see progress this coming week but HMRC really seem to be struggling with categorising DCC decoders going off our own experiences and recent discussions with DCC suppliers.

We’re badgering them daily mind! 

Cheers!

Fran

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi @Photomunki,

Just awaiting customs to release them. We should see progress this coming week but HMRC really seem to be struggling with categorising DCC decoders going off our own experiences and recent discussions with DCC suppliers.

We’re badgering them daily mind! 

Cheers!

Fran

Thanks for the update. Saves me having to mither yourselves at what must be a very busy time!

• 2 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, Brian Hawkins said:

More on going problems with my two Deltic's, after about 15 minutes of running on my layout they both start to run slower before both come to a halt and that's it for the day. it's very annoying, anyone know what maybe causing this problem please.

Hi Brian. The guys at Accurascale will come to the rescue. Send them a message and they will get it sorted for you im sure. On the face of it, it sounds like a motor issue but they will no doubt sort it.  

Edited by Krieghoff
  • Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Just installed an Accurascale sound decoder into my second Deltic, but I'm having issues getting Drive Hold to work

It works just fine in my version with the factory fitted decoder, and I just cloned the function map settings for this new decoder

So what gives?

Anyone else hit the same issue or who might know what I did wrong??

Thanks

Phil G

PS Happy Christmas :)

• Friendly/supportive 1

25 minutes ago, philg said:

Just installed an Accurascale sound decoder into my second Deltic, but I'm having issues getting Drive Hold to work

It works just fine in my version with the factory fitted decoder, and I just cloned the function map settings for this new decoder

So what gives?

Anyone else hit the same issue or who might know what I did wrong??

Thanks

Phil G

PS Happy Christmas :)

Doh!

Of course it was me all along. I cloned the cv settings from an out of date version

F5 should (of course) be "Drive Hold" and "Disable Brake Sound" (or in cv terms, 16.8.372=128, 16.8.373=64 and 16.8.37=0 - using DecoderPros shorthand for ESUs indexed cvs)

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

19 hours ago, Brian Hawkins said:

More on going problems with my two Deltic's, after about 15 minutes of running on my layout they both start to run slower before both come to a halt and that's it for the day. it's very annoying, anyone know what maybe causing this problem please.

Brian, I've had the same problem. Initially the motor was just pulling too many amps, much more than the other two deltics I have. Then it started to develop the problems you are having. I emailed the support address and was told to return the loco but had to do via Rails the suppliers. Still waiting on it coming back from Rails, but I believe it to be fixed. I chased it via Simon at Accurascale. He had to fix another problem I had. I purchased a sound decoder and speaker from Accurascale to fit into a non-sound version. Couldn't get it to work at all, although the decoder worked correctly in another loco. Sent it back to Simon and he's sorted it out. Now back on the layout and sounding wonderful.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So over Christmas I have set up a test loop of track instead of the previous straight section. I'm not in a position to set up a layout until I move house. So been able to test all my new Bachmann Loco's without issue but then we get to the 2 Accurascale Deltic's I have, I'm still of the opinion fantastic to look at but next to useless as an RTR model.  Anyway the loop has 2nd radius curves and I am thinking dare I risk taking one of the Deltic's around these curves. The issue for me is mine are later period models with ETH cable's and it strikes me that the coupler may well hit the ETH cable, not only that but the ETH cable is anchored next to the nose steps and could put pressure on the nose steps to a point where it breaks, what are people experience of this?

• 2 weeks later...