Accurascale Class 55 Deltic - 4mm scale

Deltic Accurathrash DCC Sound Decoders Back In Stock!! 🥳

Great news! Our Class 55 Deltic Accurathrash sound decoders are now back in stock.

Looking to turn your Deltic into a sound fitted monster? Then pick up your decoder and Accurathrash speaker now: https://www.accurascale.com/collections/accessories/products/accurathrash-class-55-deltic-dcc-sound-decoder

Screenshot_20230419_142718.jpg

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Accurascale said:

Deltic Accurathrash DCC Sound Decoders Back In Stock!! 🥳

Great news! Our Class 55 Deltic Accurathrash sound decoders are now back in stock.

Looking to turn your Deltic into a sound fitted monster? Then pick up your decoder and Accurathrash speaker now: https://www.accurascale.com/collections/accessories/products/accurathrash-class-55-deltic-dcc-sound-decoder

Screenshot_20230419_142718.jpg

Are we able to purchase the clips for the speakers? I bought a non-sound fitted 55002 and then the sound-chip/speaker afterwards and have had to use black-tack (not ideal).

Thanks,

Roy

• RMweb Gold

I got to see D9000/55022 in her glory yesterday and it got me wondering, is there many detail differences between the loco when it was with VXC and as it is now as I'm seriously considering buying the model.

• RMweb Gold
On 22/04/2023 at 18:07, jools1959 said:

I got to see D9000/55022 in her glory yesterday and it got me wondering, is there many detail differences between the loco when it was with VXC and as it is now as I'm seriously considering buying the model.

i'm pondering the same question.....abit of spot the difference i think (for the uneducated on 55's like my self

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

Just like to say a huge thanks to Simon at Accurascale Support. I had updated my loco to sound with a Accurathrash speaker and the Accurascale Loksound 5. There was a problem with the decoder not responding. Contacted Support and had prompt replies on steps to take. Unfortunately none of these solved the problem so the loco and decoder were sent away for investigation.  It has now been returned fully working, address changed to the one I wanted and, very unexpectedly, all the chains and bits I had knocked off when removing the body to fit the speaker, had been reattached!

Excellent service which went above and beyond what I expected.

• Like 5
  • Round of applause 10

• RMweb Gold

These chains really are a pain have totally removed from one model and another only has 3 in situ, I just cannot locate the part which goes into the body and then with all the messing have scraped the paint off the part so decided to do without!

Not ordered a second batch one but am tempted to just to have a complete model.

• Agree 3

Has any one else had problems with the motor that has caused you to return it for repair?  If so, how long has it taken for you to receive it back?

I have two Deltics, both of which had to be returned for

motor repair soon after receiving them. It didn’t take too long (within a month if I recall correctly) to get them back working as they should.  

However, one of them suffered from motor issues again and went back for repair in February via Rails. Still waiting for its return. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, Knapdale said:

Has any one else had problems with the motor that has caused you to return it for repair?  If so, how long has it taken for you to receive it back?

motor repair soon after receiving them. It didn’t take too long (within a month if I recall correctly) to get them back working as they should.  

However, one of them suffered from motor issues again and went back for repair in February via Rails. Still waiting for its return. 

Have you asked Rails for an update? 

1 hour ago, McC said:

Have you asked Rails for an update? 

Yes, a couple of times during the period concerned. 

However, the e-mail ears must have been burning, because I’ve now received notification that it’s ready to be sent out. 

• Like 4
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

4 hours ago, Knapdale said:

Mine went back to Rails in mid-November (for body replacement due to headlights scratched), and came back in early Jan. It then went back AGAIN in March (new body had glazing stoved in, and nasty rub marks on the side), and has not been heard of since.

I also sent another Deltic back via DPS in March (chipped paint, and sound fitting as supplied non-sound model due to stocking errors), and similarly has not been heard of since. In both cases tracking shows that it reached the retailer. I know AS have said 6-8 weeks for repair. Also noting that they have recently released 92s (and now 37s) which will doubtless be increasing repair workload.

I shall be prodding if I have not heard by next week.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
23 minutes ago, G-BOAF said:

Mine went back to Rails in mid-November (for body replacement due to headlights scratched), and came back in early Jan. It then went back AGAIN in March (new body had glazing stoved in, and nasty rub marks on the side), and has not been heard of since.

I also sent another Deltic back via DPS in March (chipped paint, and sound fitting as supplied non-sound model due to stocking errors), and similarly has not been heard of since. In both cases tracking shows that it reached the retailer. I know AS have said 6-8 weeks for repair. Also noting that they have recently released 92s (and now 37s) which will doubtless be increasing repair workload.

I shall be prodding if I have not heard by next week.

Please Prod, as we have no 55's in our workshop at this time. (or indeed 92,s or 37s)

Edited by McC
  • Informative/Useful 1

3 hours ago, McC said:

Please Prod, as we have no 55's in our workshop at this time. (or indeed 92,s or 37s)

Further do, according to DPS, AS repairs (in Darlington?) still have my Deltic - squaring their response with yours, it is too much to hope it is in transit at the moment?

• RMweb Gold

Don’t want to upset anyone, but the Loksound is coming out of my Ballymoss tomorrow. An HM7000 TXS 21 pin will be going in…..

What sounds though? 

Class 50, what else 😳😉🤣

Don't worry, it’s only a test, the proper decoder will go back in once I’ve had a play

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, RedgateModels said:

the proper decoder will go back in once I’ve had a play

Can I correct your post to "a proper decoder will go back in once I’ve had a play".  😉 😂

Steve

Edited by 55020

51 minutes ago, RedgateModels said:

hmm, not got a Zimo 21 pin in stock……

Gave up trying to get Zimos to work in mine and (reluctantly) went with the “preferred” ESU option. For my forthcoming Class 31 I don’t think there’s any other option due to the flange-squeal sensor. Accurascale are designing their electrics around ESU specifically

• RMweb Premium
5 minutes ago, G-BOAF said:

Not for a Deltic it isn't! A 92 maybe (or that should be AccuraPantoPanto)

Had my number 9 on rolling road other night and its got a bad knocking of one of the bogies,i will wait for the outcome of this to see what Rails do,typically i got a 002 from NRM Shildon as they had one and i was there and it runs smooth as silk.

10 hours ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

Had my number 9 on rolling road other night and its got a bad knocking of one of the bogies,i will wait for the outcome of this to see what Rails do,typically i got a 002 from NRM Shildon as they had one and i was there and it runs smooth as silk.

Glue on tyres? Easy fix with a knife

• Agree 1