Accurascale Class 55 Deltic - 4mm scale

• RMweb Gold

A brief update that the glitch stopping orders showing is now resolved. Thanks for patience. Great timing for a tech hiccup :) 

• Like 5
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 4

22 hours ago, Mark C said:

Just an observation - no more - as an eagerly expectant recipient of two and based only on the photographs posted so far...the cab side and front window fit looks better on the green than the Rail Blue version...

Tin hat on...

Knowing Accurascale, they researched it and found the windows later in the loco's life became a bit more draughty as time passed.  It should be a really loose fit by the time you get to the purple one.

• Like 1
  • Funny 8

• RMweb Premium
22 minutes ago, aureol40012 said:

Indeed. That post was a bit like me saying I was really looking forward to the new album by [insert name here] but now it’s been ruined because ive read a bad review of it! Some of the least critically popular albums turn out to be stone cold classics in later life! All subjective as you say…..

As a grumpy old man one of my most frequent sayings is "opinions are like bumholes, everybody's got one" ... OK in reality I value some people's opinions in some contexts more than others, but this internet thing has made it trivially easy to broadcast our opinions to the world which is not always a good thing.

• Like 5
  • Agree 6
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold

Just wondering, has the pallet or pallets for Rails, DPS, Locomotion been dispatched from you yet?  The reason I ask is I have to have a minor operation next week and ideally I'd like to receive it before I go in.  Thanks

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
18 minutes ago, jools1959 said:

Just wondering, has the pallet or pallets for Rails, DPS, Locomotion been dispatched from you yet?  The reason I ask is I have to have a minor operation next week and ideally I'd like to receive it before I go in.  Thanks

they’ve been checked and broken out onto a dedicated container which will be sent Monday. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 3

Perfect timing for my birthday!!  MELD now up and running on my test plank. Looks and sounds great, though will have to reattach two of the chains to the body already. 

Now just need to wait for my P4 wheelsets so I can let loose on the layout.

Chris

Edited by ChrisMitchell
Spelling

• RMweb Premium
56 minutes ago, Michael Hodgson said:

Knowing Accurascale, they researched it and found the windows later in the loco's life became a bit more draughty as time passed.  It should be a really loose fit by the time you get to the purple one.

They were always draughty and the sliding doors rattled like crazy, although no where near as bad as the 40’s 😱

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

Two Deltics arrived today. Wonderful, and yes they are heavy.

Looking fantastic and extremely detailed which of course presents it's own problems. 3 parts were detached on the Pinza and 7 parts on the Black Watch.

As I had noted this on previous posts, I was careful with the unboxing and made sure that it was in good light. So at least I have salvaged all of the parts (hopefully). This will need a steady hand to fix and some time to figure out where they go. The Pinza has one of the inside brake blocks and 2 corner steps detached. Some of the Black Watch parts were shown previously, others might need assistance for placement.

I believe the packing method might have already been improved, but with a cardboard box that is too large with the void filled with some brown paper leaves the possibility of some shock loading causing some parts to give way.

I hope these comments will be useful, and just meant as a warning about care when opening in case of loose items.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Premium
4 minutes ago, shunny said:

Unfortunately mine will have to be returned white paint on the body, l have sent message to accurrascale I'm sure they will get it sorted. Otherwise a great model and captures the look of the Deltic.

DSC_0373~2.JPG

Is it white paint or has the blue paint been scrapped away?

Annoying though of course.

12 minutes ago, Darius43 said:

55011 arrived yesterday but was delivered to the office.  Picked it up this morning and had a play in the shed 😊

F6A1D09A-C2BC-4882-89DE-B4637CEEB16C.thumb.jpeg.a158b41a08b889b86ec91d8c866e7912.jpeg

532D1B96-24D5-4D9B-9A41-A50C14A31007.thumb.jpeg.85dfcd90683c1866a1f7eedbfa86d4ab.jpeg

7045F53E-6116-41FB-BA96-B350ED57A8B1.thumb.jpeg.04a120c04e58991f0694394c713ac895.jpeg

EFA4A722-E764-4540-A661-1E39AADB8467.thumb.jpeg.df34dae8459a4db5d01db3b2ba0a2196.jpeg

20703CFC-850F-4855-9A77-9C23B4B81205.jpeg.f2b58343ae60f43d9de7a6d67cfeda4e.jpeg

Cheers

Darius

Now that has all the appearance of a loco fresh out of Doncaster Works on test with a rake of condemned parcels vans (sorry @Darius43 I know they're not supposed to be condemned, just typically filthy!)

What a truly  remarkable model - congratulations Accurascale!👍

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Well my 55017 arrived yesterday. What a superb model. However a bit disappointed with the documentation, no mention of how to remove the body or how to fit the superb headcodes. Otherwise a great effort well worth the wait.

2 hours ago, murphaph said:

And sound is probably the most subjective feature of a model. I hate loud models because I like to imagine I am viewing them from scale distance away. I am in my mind several hundred feet away from the models I am observing. That's why a lot of us prefer a matt paint job, because you can't make out gloss from any distance, everything looks matt from far enough away, even though in reality rolling stock was often painted in bright gloss colours!

With sound I want subtlety. I want to hear the loco fade in as it approaches me and fade out as it moves away from me. Others prefer it to be full blast in your face and that's just fine too. It's simply never going to be possible to please everyone with sound, perhaps more than any other aspect of a model. Some prefer more bass, some more treble or whatever. It's rare that several people will all agree that speaker x is the best. We all hear differently too!

I am the same, all my locos are turned down, when operating in a small enclosed space full blast can be a bit tiring!

• Agree 3

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Edna Clouds said:

And then there are those of us who wear hearing aids because of our poor hearing to start with. My Lima and Bachmann Deltics already have a throbby low thrumm that has nothing to do with the decoder or sound file ... It's my tinnitus! I guess I'm in for a real treat when my Accurascale Deltics arrive!!

same here, although now I don't know whether to turn them up or down when it arrives😄

• Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, aureol40012 said:

Indeed. That post was a bit like me saying I was really looking forward to the new album by [insert name here] but now it’s been ruined because ive read a bad review of it! Some of the least critically popular albums turn out to be stone cold classics in later life! All subjective as you say…..

Written on the bands' own website by a competitor band, if we're going with your analogy. 🥱

Anyway you're overreaching, I didn't say it was ruined, just that it took the edge off, and I thought it was poorly judged. Less hyperbole, more reading required please.

You must also have missed the two ‘funny’ icon responses from Accurascale on RnRs original post….

Edited by stovepipe
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, murphaph said:

And sound is probably the most subjective feature of a model. I hate loud models because I like to imagine I am viewing them from scale distance away. I am in my mind several hundred feet away from the models I am observing. That's why a lot of us prefer a matt paint job, because you can't make out gloss from any distance, everything looks matt from far enough away, even though in reality rolling stock was often painted in bright gloss colours!

With sound I want subtlety. I want to hear the loco fade in as it approaches me and fade out as it moves away from me. Others prefer it to be full blast in your face and that's just fine too. It's simply never going to be possible to please everyone with sound, perhaps more than any other aspect of a model. Some prefer more bass, some more treble or whatever. It's rare that several people will all agree that speaker x is the best. We all hear differently too!

I find it interesting that you feel that way regarding the sound, yet the very model and the layout it runs on are not, and can never be, so literally like the real thing. Gravity and mass doesn't scale; there's no exhaust; the layout around the model will be full of people who don't move; water doesn't flow; clouds don't move and change their shape; there will be gaps in the sky where the room the layout is in show through; etc., etc.

I think sound is like all the other modelling we do: we want it as close as is reasonably possible to the real thing, but we must by definition accept it isn't the real thing.

Kudos for Accurascale though, on putting the effort in to get these Deltics as close as possible to the real thing. I await mine eagerly (likely to be at the a*se end of the deliveries...)

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

I'd seen the photos, read the reports from those who've received the locomotive and yet unpacking D9006 in two-tone green with full yellow ends this afternoon still left me enraptured by the beauty of this model. The detail is tremendous and as someone who used to see (and hear) the Deltics departing from Edinburgh Waverley I'm very pleased with the sound. I've not had the chance to run it in properly yet but it is already very smooth. And I was lucky enough to have it arrive in perfect condition.

Thanks very much to Fran and all the guys at Accurascale for your efforts. I'm looking forward to following D9006 with my BR Blue version of 55003 - and then getting even more excited about the Class 37 having seen how good these models are (not to mention some nice Mk2s to go behind Meld).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

2 hours ago, csvt2004 said:

Well my 55017 arrived yesterday. What a superb model. However a bit disappointed with the documentation, no mention of how to remove the body or how to fit the superb headcodes. Otherwise a great effort well worth the wait.

Well at least I wasn't the only one to look thru it all looking how to remove body, tho I have now removed body and wished they had spare chains in the pack now. 

• Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the feedback and duly noted on body removal. We’ll get a “how to” done and stick it on the website next week and ensure all future instruction bookets have them.

Cheers!

Fran

In the same spirit thought I would post this photo of buffer beam detailing installed. 

80D6A20C-C214-4A94-993E-3E5C5021D392.thumb.jpeg.6b2f446b6462a22460af4e647debb41d.jpeg

Haven’t fitted air brake hose as struggling to track down when KOSB was dual brakes although I suspect she was in this livery?

Also wondering what this one is.

BFCE0800-D54C-42CD-A4BC-0196DEEDEBF6.thumb.jpeg.9e34d68b57646c5cc770a259160cbac5.jpeg

For me removing tension locks and adding screw link and pipe work makes a huge difference….

Also interesting to note many detail parts are moulded in yellow and painted…..  some black has come away from guard iron during refitting of parts but a quick touch up will soon fix that.

3B2774AA-C9F4-4E75-A5BD-CD5213E58ADC.thumb.jpeg.c4cd42042bf152c32fd4cb7cf2a4089c.jpeg

I showed the parts diagram to my brother this morning who is an experienced aircraft modeller…. We both agreed that those assembling these models in the factory are exceptionally skilled modellers.

• Like 11