Mark 5, By Accurascale

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Vistisen said:

Probably nothing at all, but I do wonder about the power on surge. If the capacitor stores power for 60 seconds as opposed to for example 5 seconds. then it must need to store about 12 times as much power that it will draw form the track on power on. A rake of these coaches might cause a power overload, depending on how many other locomotives, dcc point motor units and so on, are also drawing current. I might be oversensitive on in this area. but I have just spent months trying to trace a ‘short circuit’ which turned out to be too many DCC solenoid accessories starting up.   

The coach stayalive is a small 5.5V unit, that's very efficient. A full charge takes between 30 and 60 seconds, so it's nice, gradual charge, pulling low volts and current. Hope that helps!

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 1

Has anyone else noticed a hum coming from the CS coaches when sat on powered track (DCC)? It comes from all of my coaches so doesn't seem like an individual fault. Seems to be coming from the stayalive charge circuit since as soon as you cut power, the lights stay on but the hum goes away. Just wondering if anyone has found a fix for this? When you have a decent rake on track you do notice the noise.

Edited by Br60066

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, Br60066 said:

Has anyone else noticed a hum coming from the CS coaches when sat on powered track (DCC)? It comes from all of my coaches so doesn't seem like an individual fault. Seems to be coming from the stayalive charge circuit since as soon as you cut power, the lights stay on but the hum goes away. Just wondering if anyone has found a fix for this? When you have a decent rake on track you do notice the noise.

The capacitors hum because they don't know the lyrics.

• Funny 9

• RMweb Gold
On 13/03/2023 at 14:01, Br60066 said:

Switching off RailCom on my Z21 resolved this issue for me.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 13/03/2023 at 14:01, Br60066 said:

For various reasons just got my set on track for the first time today and I’ve got the same problem. Driving trailer hums on DCC but not on DC. Did you manage to get a fix for this issue?

thanks

Edited by Haymarket47
Missed word

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, Haymarket47 said:

For various reasons just got my set on track for the first time today and I’ve got the same problem. Driving trailer hums on DCC but not on DC. Did you manage to get a fix for this issue?

thanks

Is it just the DT that hums? Have you chipped it? It’s common for DC models with lights to hum when on a DCC track. 

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Haymarket47 said:

Hi, not yet chipped. As far as I can tell it’s just the DT.

Then it’s probably the lack of chip. Should go away when you chip it. If it doesn’t some have found turning RailCom off on their DCC system (if you have it) fixes it. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
On 13/03/2023 at 09:20, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi @Krieghoff,

We are currently working on both a guide to help with flickering lights and a decoder solution. We will have more news on both the other side of Ally Pally and appreciate the patience. 

The alternative is of course that you contact support@accurascale.co.uk where our tech team can talk you through any issues you are having. 

Thanks for bearing with us.

Fran 

Any news on the flickering DT lights, please?

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, Simon Bendall said:

Anyone for a 37/4 on a two coach Mk.5 sleeper in passenger service 😲

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tayrail/52860316037

Funnily it's only the day coaches, no sleeper vehicles. Was this due to a blockade of Euston so a short formed sleeper using Kings X, or some sort of failure of the sleeper vehicles (but odd that 2-4 sleepers have all failed simultaneously)?

• RMweb Gold
12 minutes ago, nightstar.train said:

Funnily it's only the day coaches, no sleeper vehicles. Was this due to a blockade of Euston so a short formed sleeper using Kings X, or some sort of failure of the sleeper vehicles (but odd that 2-4 sleepers have all failed simultaneously)?

It was planned this way, partly due to a KX departure, and hence a shorter train.

Still passengers had to change trains at Edi in the early hours.

Apparently the trial was successful, so if a repeat of FW occurs with the 73/9, GBRf now has options.

Edited by adb968008
  • Thanks 1

Hi All

just wondering if there has been any development/movement yet on the loksound chip for the DVT to alleviate the light flicker etc. Appreciate theres a lot of development going on with various locos etc but would be nice to have an update if possible chaps.  

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, Krieghoff said:

Hi All

just wondering if there has been any development/movement yet on the loksound chip for the DVT to alleviate the light flicker etc. Appreciate theres a lot of development going on with various locos etc but would be nice to have an update if possible chaps.  

I fitted a stay alive to the decoder in my DT.

11 hours ago, Krieghoff said:

Hi All

We have been waiting months for the answer to the flickering lights. 

As said above it would be appreciated if Accurascale could update us please. 

Edited by Traveltrains

• Moderators
28 minutes ago, Traveltrains said:

We have been waiting months for the answer to the flickering lights. 

As said above it would be appreciated if Accurascale could update us please. 

3 hours ago, newbryford said:

I fitted a stay alive to the decoder in my DT.

That's the solution.

• Like 1

On 18/02/2023 at 13:26, McC said:

There is a plan to offer a Lokpilot for lighting function, but no plans to offer a sound chip at the moment. We've noticed on some DT's there is poor connectivity between the pickups and the main pickup bar - we'll prepare a short guide / video shortly so you can pop the body off your DT and check / easily resolve if you are having any flickering.

Thank you for pointing out that a stay alive may fix the issue. This was not mentioned back in February where it states the problem is easy resolved. I was asking when this guide video is going to be released. Thanks. 

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

I have put an Imperium into the loco and an Imperium into the DT so that I could programme them both in the loco and transfer one to the DT. Anybody know how to fit a stay alive to the Imperium in the DT?