Class 37, by Accurascale

12 hours ago, McC said:

If it’s any consolation you would not want to see the list of 37’s that are fighting for position on our roadmap :) 

Do please keep any observations and desires coming. We genuinely take it all on board, even the mad stuff :) 

mine would have to be 37057 in BR Green with skirts and High Density headlight. As it worked for Colas.

It would be nice to have 37087 K&WVR in DRS livery or 059/218 with flush fronts in DRS Swoosh livery to follow on from the 37/4’s. 

An interesting photograph attached of the old railway line in a village called Havercroft, Wakefield, West Yorkshire. As a child, this line had already gone so the photo mist be well over 56 years old. 

can anyone shed any light of the consist of the loco and wagons. HAA ????, and whats the wagon in front of the 37/40 ????

id be really interested to know at least something about it 

4BCC7B05-2217-461B-BE5C-A3168F681F0F.jpeg

Edited by Krieghoff

6 minutes ago, Krieghoff said:

An interesting photograph attached of the old railway line in a village called Havercroft, Wakefield, West Yorkshire. As a child, this line had already gone so the photo mist be well over 56 years old. 

can anyone shed any light of the consist of the loco and wagons. HAA ????, and whats the wagon in front of the 37 ????

A Class 40 (or to give it its correct title for the period, English Electric Type 4) rather than a 37. In front is a vacuum brake tender, designed to add additional brake force when operating a loose coupled or unfitted train. 

Bruce

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, Krieghoff said:

can anyone shed any light of the consist of the loco and wagons. HAA ????, and whats the wagon in front of the 37 ????

The loco is a class 40, with a brake tender in front.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Roy Langridge said:

I would prefer it as it used to be, 37324 Clydebridge.

Roy

Whilst in 099 form it would be more useful to me (if I didn't already have the Bachmann one) I expect most people after Colas 099 have the Bachmann one.

Logos are out of date on that though so maybe wouldn't necessarily be a direct repeat.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

All these one offs! Pre TOPs green and banger blue centre headcode South Wales jobbies will out sell them all…. 😄

Edited by Phil Bullock
  • Like 1
  • Agree 13

On 30/05/2022 at 13:38, sulzer71 said:

In that case here's my order 🤣 37025/035/114/183/260/261/262 all in 1984 condition please 😉

You’ve confused accurascale and Father Christmas !

• Funny 2

17 hours ago, Krieghoff said:

can anyone shed any light of the consist of the loco and wagons. HAA ????, and whats the wagon in front of the 37/40 ????

Quite an interesting photo, on a number of points.

As previously posted, the loco is a 40 (hint, note the larger gap between cab door and radiator grill, also disc headcode which no 37 had), and has a Diesel Brake Tender in front.

Yes, the wagon is an HAA, which dates the photo no earlier than '64.  From it's condition it appears to be brand new, not a hint of coal dust even inside it! Which suggests the train could be a rake on delivery from the works.

Also, at that period the 40 would l expect be vacuum only, so the train would be being worked unfitted, explaining the presence of the brake tender.

The freight brake van at the front also suggests the train had a reversal of direction en-route so was running with a brake van each end.

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 7

5 hours ago, Ken.W said:

Quite an interesting photo, on a number of points.

As previously posted, the loco is a 40 (hint, note the larger gap between cab door and radiator grill, also disc headcode which no 37 had), and has a Diesel Brake Tender in front.

Yes, the wagon is an HAA, which dates the photo no earlier than '64.  From it's condition it appears to be brand new, not a hint of coal dust even inside it! Which suggests the train could be a rake on delivery from the works.

Also, at that period the 40 would l expect be vacuum only, so the train would be being worked unfitted, explaining the presence of the brake tender.

The freight brake van at the front also suggests the train had a reversal of direction en-route so was running with a brake van each end.

Many thanks for your observations Ken. My parents house was about half way up the row to the left of the photo. I was born in 1965 so a 64' time period would be about right. My mother used to say when steam trains traveled along this line, the sparks used to set fire to the embankment very regularly. Lovely memories of times gone by. 

Edited by Krieghoff
  • Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Krieghoff said:

Many thanks for your observations Ken. My parents house was about half way up the row to the left of the photo. I was born in 1965 so a 64' time period would be about right. My mother used to say when steam trains traveled along this line, the sparks used to set fire to the embankment very regularly. Lovely memories of times gone by. 

I remember the brake tenders on the Consett early diesel trains coming and going to the steel works,early 60,s.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
On 30/05/2022 at 19:12, McC said:

If it’s any consolation you would not want to see the list of 37’s that are fighting for position on our roadmap :) 

Do please keep any observations and desires coming. We genuinely take it all on board, even the mad stuff :) 

I’m just praying for the WCRC 37’s to make an appearance in the future. 

• Like 1

Er, 37065 in mainline blue livery, it has a split headcode at the number 1 end and a flush front at the other end. Please.

I am presuming of course that the tooling allows for different style noses at each end.

Edited by PieGuyRob
Spelling mistake
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
14 minutes ago, Craig85 said:

How about 37116 'Sister Dora' in BR Blue with Transrail branding. I think it would be an interesting addition to the early privatisation era. Not my image.

Craig

69de6c6a07726f8ce6241d043d5827c2.jpg

That's actually a really nice livery. Not normally a big fan of the normal transrail (or grey ones) personally.