KR Models announce the Fell in OO and N.

AY Mod

10 hours ago, Ian J. said:

Felling in love again...

Sung with a deep female German voice:

'Never vonted tooo

Vot am I tooo doo

Can't helllp eet'

I am of German descent, so hope I got away with it, danke shoen'.. 

Edited by rembrow
  • Like 1
  • Funny 1

Just checked Royal Mail having had the same notification, big banner concerning the forthcoming industrial action. This model , when it finally arrives will have had to overcome more hurdles than even the real loco had to contend with ! 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

And it's here! East coast USA.

The packaging is very good, as it was with the GT1. The quality of paint finish is even better - it doesn't seem to have the very slight "orange peal" that the top surfaces of the GT1 did. (At least mine, does.) The springs for the main axles are molded as part of the frame and both are all gloss - maybe a  bit more relief would be nice - but I'm nitpicking. Initial take is that it is a very nice model indeed. I should be able to run it in this weekend... given the weight and "adhesive weight" it should have no difficulty pulling any load. In the meantime it can sit above my desk and weigh on me as I work the rest of the week away.

20220929_151256.jpg

20220929_151336.jpg

20220929_151422.jpg20220929_160238.jpg.e459fd6069fac777a857cda0209c3f75.jpg

20220929_160312.jpg

Edited by ekrafsur
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 4
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
14 hours ago, chris p bacon said:

Chance of a pic of each side please.

Are you sure you really want to….

the pictures above unfortunately are not inspiring confidence.

i cant bring myself to “like” the picture.. because i’m not sure I do… if thats both sides of the same model, then a fakenfell has truly arrived.

Edited by adb968008
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 1

41 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

Are you sure you really want to….

the pictures above unfortunately are not inspiring confidence.

i cant bring myself to “like” the picture.. because i’m not sure I do… if thats both sides of the same model, then a fakenfell has truly arrived.

What specifically are your criticisms? Besides the poor lighting and the results of a cel-phone camera?

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
Just now, ekrafsur said:

What specifically are your criticisms? Besides the poor lighting and the results of a cel-phone camera?

The locomotive body represents 2 different times in its life. It was never in the condition that KR have produced. 
KR’s reasoning is that because it was a ‘prototype’ and therefore it doesn’t matter that it’s inaccurate. 
some purchasers will be happy and others may not be.
I think it’s a lost opportunity to produce a decent model of one of the more peculiar prototypes we’ve seen. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 6

• RMweb Gold
14 minutes ago, ekrafsur said:

The fear that the roof, both sides and coupled wheels dont actually match the prototype as it ran at anyone time in its life.

From what ive seen, each are represented independently at different times in its life.

I’m concerned what we have is a kin to a Mercedes that comes with both left and right side steering wheels and AMG finish on one side, standard finish on the other, with an after market roof.

Its a model that nods towards representing what a fell sort of looked like.

The last time I recall this was Hornby making both a 21 and a 29 overlayed onto the same model, giving it both a headcode box and discs… that was nearly 50 years ago and it was held as a bad model ever since.

if this is what it is… then imo its completely out of character to the hobby… almost all other models are “point in time” configurations.

i await the NSE liveried version, at least it will be wholly fictitious without any pretence.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 1
  • Agree 3

15 hours ago, chris p bacon said:

I think that we ARE seeing both sides here - one side has a central grille, the other a window.

If this represents what I will get with my lined green version - which I expect it will be, I will be running it with the later side visible. (I THINK that would be the grille side)?

If it really offends my eye, I have a Judith Edge kit to build - if and when I can find the time!

CJI.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
16 hours ago, ekrafsur said:

20220929_160238.jpg.e459fd6069fac777a857cda0209c3f75.jpg

above image, looks close, but not the coupling rods is two separate, not joined…

i cannot tell from the model images, but are the handrails on the bonnet there, theres also a buildersplate and what looks like a circular engine room window or gauge missing. Is the light next to the centre lamp iron on the model ?..

Fell 10100 pauses on the centre road at Northampton

But compared to below.. the nose grills bare no resemblance to the image above…

(also, and a mild error in the scheme of things, note the water filler is on the right, not the left on the roof space)…. And the centre window above the Lion.. is actually a grill in the picture above…the numbers are in the wrong place..

this image below, is not like the photograph above.

16 hours ago, ekrafsur said:

20220929_160312.jpg

But you could go with this image..

but now your roof vents are all wrong, the filler cap still is wrong, but your grills are right, but on one side only… and other now has a grill where there should be a window in the centre….

However you look at it, the roof will be wrong, and one of the sides will not look like reality… then theres the green version….

if this is how it is.. you need to buy two fells.. slice them exactly through the middle, swap the pieces and glue it back together…then work out the errors.

mines not here yet, so i cannot confirm, but it might not be staying with me long if it is… this is modelling in 2022, not 1972.

Edited by adb968008
  • Agree 5
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

3 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

above image, looks close, but not the coupling rods is two separate, not joined…

Fell 10100 pauses on the centre road at Northampton

But compared to below.. the nose grills bare no resemblance to the image above…

(also, and a mild error in the scheme of things, note the water filler is on the right, not the left on the roof space)…. And the centre window above the Lion.. is actually a grill in the picture above…

this image below, is not like the photograph above.

What we need is some enterprising etch producer to issue a set of correct nose grilles, and a central side grille with which to cover the window. That would cover the later version, which can be portrayed in either black / early crest or lined green / later crest.

For the as-built version, a second window in place of the grille is needed on one side, and some carving of two of the cab roof ventilators.

CJI.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
28 minutes ago, cctransuk said:

What we need is some enterprising etch producer to issue a set of correct nose grilles, and a central side grille with which to cover the window. That would cover the later version, which can be portrayed in either black / early crest or lined green / later crest.

For the as-built version, a second window in place of the grille is needed on one side, and some carving of two of the cab roof ventilators.

CJI.

A kit to convert a KR Models Fell into a Fell ?

Thats the first time since 1993* that ive seen a kit needed to convert (as opposed to upgrade, or detailing in some way) a rtr prototype into  an accurate model of the same prototype…

* A kit was made to convert a Dapol 150/2 into a model of a class 150/2.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
16 hours ago, chris p bacon said:

That will be interesting - to say the least as both sides have errors.  But they are far fewer on the later side being limited mainly to various grab hold holes not being present.  the earlyside hasa majot error on the roof (no water fillrer area as visible 

55 minutes ago, cctransuk said:

I think that we ARE seeing both sides here - one side has a central grille, the other a window.

If this represents what I will get with my lined green version - which I expect it will be, I will be running it with the later side visible. (I THINK that would be the grille side)?

If it really offends my eye, I have a Judith Edge kit to build - if and when I can find the time!

CJI.

The later side is the better of the too in terms of prototypical detail - some details missing (see above and the lion symbol on that side is conceivably the correct way round.  The other side, including the roof on that side, is littered with errors for any period in the life of the loco. 

• Informative/Useful 1