KR Models announce the Fell in OO and N.

AY Mod

• RMweb Gold
19 minutes ago, PMP said:

And that’s the frustrating thing. It appears the company has the potential to turn out reasonable products, GT3 and Tyne hoppers being physical examples. But they’ve missed the opportunity to bring to the market a quality model of a unique prototype.

Instead they’ve decided to bring to the market a model of unique ‘quality’.

I think that the factories in China will make what they are asked to make to a standard which the customer specifies and in accordance with information which the customer supplies.  No doubt some factories are that bit better than others, while some are perhaps that bit worse than others, in delivering what the customer specifies but it is 100% with the customer to sign off a model as complying with their spec and standards.

BTW Don't forget that both the GT3 and the Tyne hoppers underwent various changes and improvements to reflect comments made on RMweb.  Neither emerged as being initially presented by KR.  We will next see what happens with the Leader and the 4DD where some errors have been pointed out although I expect 'Bellerophon' will be in a very different category because of the involvement (so it seems) of people who know the engine).  

But when it comes down to it the decision really really depends on the discrimination,  and satisfaction after purchase, of the end customer.   And that will inevitably vary.

• Like 2
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, Les1952 said:

Are you prepared to build it for me, sound fitted? And take less than 25 years?

Les

Nope but I know a few people who could...

Baz

• Like 2

6 hours ago, The Stationmaster said:

One source has said  that there were two boiler water tanks - one on each side.  that would make considerable sense when you consider the volume of water delivered by a water crane because any internal pipework would have to be of quite large diameter to cope with it and avoid it flooding back.

There were two water tanks and two boilers in between the auxiliary engines, on top of the gear box, looking at the Rht hand end of the central section side on, is where the fluid flywheel drive from the auxiliary engine was, so the loco cannot have one tank! ever. 

4149000B-4E51-44DB-92EE-A9CF5CEC7EAC.gif

Edited by xm607
Photo
  • Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 3
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

There will be those and perhaps many who will be more than happy to have and run this model.   Will the lack of due diligence as regards the end product have an impact on future pay as you go releases?   Just comparing images online it becomes obvious that what was released does not represent the prototype at any time in its life,  it represents a mismatch of its entire life.  What could have been...........................?

So Update of my fell 

running very free now after being on the rolling road. Here is a few pictures on a video 

Yeh it’s a shame about the paint coming off the coupling rod bolts. 

With regard of the loco, I’ve nice model! Obviously there’s some controversy over how accurate the locomotive is at some point, but this Loco was a test bed and modifications would’ve been the norm during its time in operation. The price for the model is very reasonable. 

can the admin turn my picture the right way around. 

20C885F5-2F37-4CAF-A07F-3276E01998B7.jpeg

DD1492E9-8E45-42FB-AE82-B8253C956F66.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, big jim said:

Here you go

1CC80A1A-AA65-45FD-8526-7FFC30D213A1.jpeg.396419ef7d00a53f5d6dbca5a9846d8f.jpeg

I’ll make him say ten Hail Marys next time were working together 

Well done Jim but after all that it's the side with the really big and noticeable errors - numbers in the wrong place for green livery and the water filler hatch (which was never moved) at the wrong end of the roof; and an awful long way from the footsteps to climb up to guide the bag in

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Stationmaster said:

Well done Jim but after all that it's the side with the really big and noticeable errors - numbers in the wrong place for green livery and the water filler hatch (which was never moved) at the wrong end of the roof; and an awful long way from the footsteps to climb up to guide the bag in

Well, I can see that extracting the waterfiller and transplanting it to the other end will be fun!

..... and as for duplicating the nose grilles onto the blank panels!!!!

I foresee bad language ahead.

John Isherwood.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
12 hours ago, rorz101uk said:

Obviously there’s some controversy over how accurate the locomotive is at some point, but this Loco was a test bed and modifications would’ve been the norm during its time in operation. 

You are KR senior and I claim my £5.

It's the same excuse he's trotted out since the errors were noted.

• Like 4
  • Funny 4

12 hours ago, AY Mod said:

What did your last unpaid serf expire from?

Because you were holding your iThing the wrong way round when you took the pic I'd have to go down the office, fire up the PC and Photoshop and rotate it, save it and edit your post for you. 🤬

There wasn't even a 'please'.

I sincerely apologise for my for not asking properly, I thought I put “Please” at the start of the question. I wasn't trying to disrespect you. 

and to your question, 

she is still alive, weather I will be is a diffent matter.

• Funny 4

51 minutes ago, chris p bacon said:

Chris, not really sure what you mean “KR Senior” I hope you use your imaginary £5 to good use. If you can show me the details of what wrong with the model, I have other priorities so I have kept up to date with the production of the model. 

• RMweb Gold
12 hours ago, cctransuk said:

Well, I can see that extracting the waterfiller and transplanting it to the other end will be fun!

..... and as for duplicating the nose grilles onto the blank panels!!!!

I foresee bad language ahead.

John Isherwood.

That sounds like modelling - and then some - to solve the muddling 😇

• RMweb Gold
58 minutes ago, chris p bacon said:

He would have got away with it if it wasn't for you knowledgeable modellers!  

• Funny 10

Well Sam did a reasonably good honest review on the model for someone oblivious to the faults with the type,  treating it as what he sees and not determining how accurate (or inaccurate) it is.    On the other hand another reviewer yet to post a review will no doubt be full of enthusiasm and praise for the model,  perhaps making just a passing mention of any discussions about the accuracy of the model to attain some degree of credibility.  One man's meat is another man's poison,  or is that if you cannot say anything good about something then do not say anything at all.

• RMweb Premium
32 minutes ago, GWR-fan said:

...if you cannot say anything good about something then do not say anything at all.

I try to always keep that in mind as a first thought approach. However, in the case of any situation where something is being touted as 'OK' to the general populace, and is in fact simply a lie because it truly is not 'OK' and there is at least some degree of attempt to cover up something, then I do believe it should be called out.

• Agree 9

• RMweb Premium

A good review is one which at least tries to be honest and objective. At the risk of delving into philosophical musings, at a certain point we all carry baggage which affects our judgement and we all have opinions and expectations but for all that I think we can try to be fair. So I don't like reviews which set out wielding an axe, but neither do I like reviews which gloss over issues. In this case I think the comments in this thread are fair, the nature of the inaccuracies are something we just don't expect in OO RTR anymore, if Hornby, Bachmann, Heljan, Dapol or other released such a model the response would be just the same, and the criticism would be just as justified.

However, if you like it, then that's all that matters. Seriously, even if everybody else in the world say's something is garbage but you like it then you just go on and enjoy it. I'm a big believer in buy what you like and like what you buy, ultimately the opinion of others counts for nothing if you enjoy your hobby. Equally, others are entitled to their opinions and should be able to voice them.

• Agree 7

• RMweb Gold
On 01/10/2022 at 13:00, The Stationmaster said:

I think that the factories in China will make what they are asked to make to a standard which the customer specifies and in accordance with information which the customer supplies.  No doubt some factories are that bit better than others, while some are perhaps that bit worse than others, in delivering what the customer specifies but it is 100% with the customer to sign off a model as complying with their spec and standards.

The assumption in your post is on the funding arrangements being a traditional comissioner to factory upfront model.

Alternative options exist..purely hypothetically (and i’m in no way implying it is) but..

Could an alternative hypothesis be that a factory is behind the funding of the tooling of a model and works with a western reseller to promoting bringing it to that market ?

• Like 1