KR Models announce the Fell in OO and N.

AY Mod

19 minutes ago, Pandora said:

I have received an e-mail advising my order from December 2020 has been received and  is being processed.

Has anyone received their Fell?

Like yourself, I have also received an email saying my order has been received... so ... the waiting is nearly over and a model of the World's most aesthetically odd looking locomotive is nearly with us! 🤪

Edited by Railsnail

• RMweb Gold
12 hours ago, Pandora said:

I have received an e-mail advising my order from December 2020 has been received and  is being processed.

Has anyone received their Fell?

I receieved 2 emails saying my consetts have been processed yesterday.

(a bit late they arrived a few months ago).

but nothing on my two fells.

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold
17 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

I receieved 2 emails saying my consetts have been processed yesterday.

(a bit late they arrived a few months ago).

but nothing on my two fells.

I received the same two emails about the Consetts that I have already received.  

Cheers

Darius

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, tetsudofan said:

Just received email from KR Models advising that they have finished processing my order which, I presume, means that my Fell is on the way 🙂.

Keith

Had same slightly foggy message. Surely, it would be easier to say it's been/ is being dispatched?

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Tim Hall said:

Had same slightly foggy message. Surely, it would be easier to say it's been/ is being dispatched?

I suspect someone has been playing around with their database - I'd not read too much into this flurry of messages!

Anybody at KRM who knows what is actually happening care to comment?

CJI.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
25 minutes ago, cctransuk said:

I suspect someone has been playing around with their database - I'd not read too much into this flurry of messages!

CJI.

I probably should have added: "If that is what is actually happening".

• RMweb Gold

I got an e mail saying my order had been processed.  It was for GT3 which was delivered ages ago.

26 minutes ago, cctransuk said:

I wouldn't hold my breath lol

• Like 2

Hello i spoke to michael revell who is the uk side of kr models last night as i had also recieved emails about the fell loco the state of play is that all the fell locos are on there way to the uk and are expected to arrive this month and michael is hoping to start shipping them out at the end of the month you may also get emails about previous old orders that had already been prosesed this is due to a up grade of there order system so dont worry there on there way hope this helps 

Edited by corsair
  • Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 3

On 02/08/2022 at 23:47, No Decorum said:

I am very much indebted to you for that link. It is absolutely fascinating and beautifully written.

The Fell loco caught fire at Manchester Central not Piccadily (then London Road) as quoted, and some of the comments about Derby works I did not quite follow-it was a busy workshop into the 1970's as I recall with class 20's  Peaks 24s 25's. It was a very interesting read to see the engine as a 'might have been', tho its not clear about how its maintenance and fuel costs compare to a similar powered diesel electric.

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

I was wondering this today.

Newsletter 35, June 12th said..

The latest update on the Fell is that they are now on their way to the warehouse and we will give you an update once they have cleared customs. Delivery as per the docking date will be in July. So final delivery will be a short time after that.

I guess they must be pretty close.

1 hour ago, ColinK said:

I hope the container isn’t heading for Felixtowe with all the strikes there.

It could well be. The first 7 day strike is over, but any container ships from the far east, due to dock during that period, won't have waited, but gone on to Europe, so likely to have discharged containers for the UK at Rotterdam or Hamburg, where they will have to be booked on already busy feeder vessels.

1 hour ago, rembrow said:

It could well be. The first 7 day strike is over, but any container ships from the far east, due to dock during that period, won't have waited, but gone on to Europe, so likely to have discharged containers for the UK at Rotterdam or Hamburg, where they will have to be booked on already busy feeder vessels.

The crazy world of international trade.......

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, rembrow said:

There are currently four recent arrival comtainer vessels ay felixstowe (s 2 of them arrived today) and one which arrived on the 30th and currently appears to be preparing to sail.   The ro-ro ships have seemed to be working as normal at Felixstowe.

But no doubt some container vessels had their port calling pattern altered to deal with the impact of the strike.

The box containing the fells (in groupage?) could be anywhere from still not loaded to a ship in China to sitting somewhere in the UK having the groupage traffic sorted  for final delivery because KR never give out any information about the progress of their models towards the UK.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, The Stationmaster said:

There are currently four recent arrival comtainer vessels ay felixstowe (s 2 of them arrived today) and one which arrived on the 30th and currently appears to be preparing to sail.   The ro-ro ships have seemed to be working as normal at Felixstowe.

But no doubt some container vessels had their port calling pattern altered to deal with the impact of the strike.

The box containing the fells (in groupage?) could be anywhere from still not loaded to a ship in China to sitting somewhere in the UK having the groupage traffic sorted  for final delivery because KR never give out any information about the progress of their models towards the UK.

The last day of the strike was 29th Aug, so not surprising that container vessels arrived on 30th, the port operator will want to get shipping into port immediately and will have scheduled arrivals. The biggest issue is creating container space for arrivals, which relies on existing stacked containers being released to road and rail haulage. RoRo vessels are not the same as feeder vessels, which are smaller container ships. It's not easy to get enough skeletal trailers to move hundreds of diverted containers by RoRo. 

As far as notification of product shipping, I can only give experience as a GT3 second run customer. KR sent me an e-mail that the GT3 was shipped and another when it arrived at the UK warehouse. I've not received shipping advice about my Fell order shipment, only the obscure reference in the June and July newsletters, with a photo of a Maersk container ship at sea.