KR Models announce the Fell in OO and N.

AY Mod

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, leezer3 said:

Even the 00 track gauge isn't correct if you really want to be pedantic about it.

Irrelevant comment. It was advertised as an OO model which means 16.5mm track gauge and that is what it is.  

IMO raising this old chestnut detracts from the valid complaints about the Fell.

Edited by Colin_McLeod
  • Like 1
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, corsair said:

be great if some one out there can do a putting right kit for it would sell like hot cakes ok you probaly would have to respray the loco but then again there are some who dont like the gloss finnish anyway   go on someone be brave enough you have two kits sold already thank you 

Make that three kits.

• RMweb Gold
16 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

Anyone tried reaching these guys ?

whats in my box isnt what I ordered… 

i’m finding they've gone dark.

ive noticed over summer what little UK presence there was has gone to Canada including the .co.uk domain name.

The model doesnt come with a “UKCA” mark either, just “CE”.

The VAT number comes up with a random address in Telford.

There is no mention of support in the box, and only the Canadian PO equivalent address for contact.

I think ive found a personal address for the younger one.

kind of wondering if youve a problem, your stuck on your own at this point, can I section 75 a claim ?

...as a two man band, maybe they are just busy "boxing" at the moment...

(I'm Not a customer.)

Kev.

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, peteskitchen said:

The problem is this very vocal condemnation of anything that isn't 125% accurate is something that a manufacture would want to avoid,

I would be happy with 100% or even a few percentage points below, but NOT when the errors were known about yet production went ahead anyway.

I am currently researching how the distance selling regulations deals with VAT and charges paid on import.

Edited by Colin_McLeod
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Keith@KRmodels.co.uk is how I managed to contact them to arrange return of the mis delivered green model. 

I noticed on one of my order/payment confirmation emails that thd product was BR black but the SKU listed green which is clearly where the error occurred in my case. 

Screenshot_20221003_205919.jpg.bce31acf37cc3b9999caa53e0feb63c6.jpg

Nothing on exchange of the model with the damaged box. Am I entitled to get it exchanged even if the model itself isn't damaged? 

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, adb968008 said:

Anyone tried reaching these guys ?

whats in my box isnt what I ordered… 

i’m finding they've gone dark.

ive noticed over summer what little UK presence there was has gone to Canada including the .co.uk domain name.

The model doesnt come with a “UKCA” mark either, just “CE”.

The VAT number comes up with a random address in Telford.

There is no mention of support in the box, and only the Canadian PO equivalent address for contact.

I think ive found a personal address for the younger one.

kind of wondering if youve a problem, your stuck on your own at this point, can I section 75 a claim ?

The only web site working is:

https://www.krmodels.net/

Seems to be OK and includes both the Canadian HO and UK OO markets on the products page. Access to an account works fine so orders can be checked. No UK phone numbers on contact page, but then emails to Keith or Michael on queries re the GT3 and Consett wagons were not an issue in the past. Pity that those contact details aren't on the web site. They are however on the facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/krmodels.uk/

As im not a 3d printing expert or etching expert. I am guessing the waterfiller can be reprduced and the missing turbo exhaust in 3d and the missing grills could be reproduced in etches to match the ones on the model this could sort out the major parts thus giving you a reasonable model. 

Edited by corsair
change of wording
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
11 minutes ago, corsair said:

As im not a 3d printing expert or etching expert. I am guessing the waterfiller can be reprduced and the missing turbo exhaust in 3d and the missing grills could be reproduced in etches to match the ones on the model this could sort out the major parts thus giving you a reasonable model. 

And some transfers to relocate the numbers on one side. If in cream then both sides!

Reckon brass cab door handrails would make a visual improvement as well.

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, billy_anorak59 said:

I think @rorz101uk was looking for a picture of the other side of the model.

This picture shows the 'bad' side for the model - it's only 'bad' for post1954 black and green though -SNIP

Wrong.jpg.3c86371c1aa541c2442bd35ff0880706.jpg

2. Filler at wrong end of the loco

My understanding is No.2 is wrong for all eras and liveries of the model. It should always be left hand end as you look side on.

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
19 minutes ago, corsair said:

I am guessing the waterfiller can be reprduced and the missing turbo exhaust in 3d and the missing grills could be reproduced in etches to match the ones on the model this could sort out the major parts thus giving you a reasonable model. 

Having just had a recent quote for some etched parts I produce, I would say that it is unrealistic to expect A N Other to commit to producing the parts required as etching costs have rocketed, and anyone with the skills to fit them would most probably have purchased the Judith Edge kit.

I would add that a common theme of this model is the purchase cost and I doubt many would be willing to pay more, even if it did make it more accurate.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, corsair said:

thank you for your reply out of interest lets have a pole who would be preparired to pay for a putting right kit for thre model if one becomes available this ispurely to judge the out come not cause any problems . 

Crazy idea, but how about a modified Judith Edge Body kit to fit the KRM chassis?

Edited by zr2498
Corrected

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, corsair said:

out of interest lets have a pole who would be preparired to pay for a putting right kit for thre model if one becomes available this ispurely to judge the out come not cause any problems . 

It would be a minimum of £10+ per etch, possibly more. 

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium
26 minutes ago, chris p bacon said:

Having just had a recent quote for some etched parts I produce, I would say that it is unrealistic to expect A N Other to commit to producing the parts required as etching costs have rocketed, and anyone with the skills to fit them would most probably have purchased the Judith Edge kit.

I would add that a common theme of this model is the purchase cost and I doubt many would be willing to pay more, even if it did make it more accurate.

My advice - return the models to the address on the package address label, clearly marking your order number on the outside of the package; (it's also on the address label). It'll cost you £8.50 to send it special delivery, but you'll be fully insured and know that it has been returned by 1pm. the following day.

Then - email michael@krmodels.co.uk ; advise that you have returned the model under the Distance Selling Regulations, on the grounds that it does not conform to the prototype, or to the description available at the time of ordering.

If my own experience is any guide, you will receive a refund of the price that you paid.

CJI.

• Like 2

After 45 pages of information and discussion,  the old adage, "You can lead a horse to water but not make it drink" rings true.  For those with their rose coloured glasses on then enjoy your model.  Next time you are asked for a prepayment perhaps think about the Fellgate saga and then see how eager you are to place your money on promises made and hopefully delivered.

1 hour ago, adb968008 said:

Its always best described in their own words…

E7D49075-4774-4F70-A85E-9A776021E518.jpeg.a85b5874e9fd327ebd2ac8a195518574.jpeg

Yes apparently the guy is very happy with it... although KR are ignoring comments about it being not quite right for any era of it's running life, although happy to offer refunds, thinking it will keep those quiet. For a small company I hoped that they may listen to feedback, Myself and another sent some concerns regarding another model, and got a very short reply, rather than accepting and looking into it... so I suspect when I have ordered will probably be wrong in various areas, despite early warnings.

It was refreshing that they were doing something different, but not knowing much about the Fell, and reading and looking at photo comparisons with the real thing... its quite obvious that some panels, or print are not right, or roof, and gauges not right... its a shame, and I hope they improve the packaging surrounding the box.

• Like 3

Mine arrived yesterday and is going straight back.

I ordered the sound fitted one in green.  I received an analogue one. I've emailed Keith and had a reply.  It is off back to Liverpool with a printoff of my paid order for a sound fitted loco with a request that they send the right one in the top of the box.

I've also emailed back to Keith attaching the confirmation of a sound fitted loco in case the computer issues they have b----red up their records.

Les

• Friendly/supportive 1

Mine arrived at a mail centre last Thursday and is still stuck there – I hope not under a huge pile of parcels. Thanks to the comments on here, at least I am braced for disappointment. Having no switch for the tail lights is particularly disappointing as this was pointed out on the GT3. Switching the three lower lights on and off also seems rather odd; it’s as if the designers have no understanding of how lights were used on early diesels. For the rest, it is poor that the model is not a model of the Fell at any stage of its life. I had hoped that the Fell would be an improvement on the GT3. Instead it seems to be worse.

Provided the model is as I ordered it, works well and is without damage, I shall keep it. I am also going to find it hard to resist the Leader because I can’t imagine any other manufacturer taking it on. However, Bellerophon, and DHP1and the Hunslet have been removed from my potential purchases. It’s sad but I feel that I can’t rely on KR to bring decently researched models to market.

• Friendly/supportive 4

12 hours ago, corsair said:

thank you for your reply out of interest lets have a pole who would be preparired to pay for a putting right kit for thre model if one becomes available this ispurely to judge the out come not cause any problems . 

A possible source for a modification set of etches and cast parts could be Brassmasters, who have a history of producing etched parts to modify rtr models . They produced a set of etches to modify the previous version of Bachmanns modified hall class, that unfortunately had design errors that affected the front running plate and smoke box supports, where they used the original hall design. Depends on whether any manufacturer believes there is a sufficient market.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
On 02/10/2022 at 13:41, adb968008 said:

The assumption in your post is on the funding arrangements being a traditional comissioner to factory upfront model.

Alternative options exist..purely hypothetically (and i’m in no way implying it is) but..

Could an alternative hypothesis be that a factory is behind the funding of the tooling of a model and works with a western reseller to promoting bringing it to that market ?

More than possible of course but. while obviously accepting that China is a long way off and therefore likely to be very unfamiliar with the equipment on Britains railways,  

But I would expect them to adopt a businesslike approach to the selection of partners in their target market.  And maybe that would especially be the case after one had their fingers somewhat singed in the past with an arrangement which, I understand, was initially rather like that.