KR Models announce the Fell in OO and N.

AY Mod

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, The Stationmaster said:

The box containing the fells (in groupage?) could be anywhere from still not loaded to a ship in China to sitting somewhere in the UK having the groupage traffic sorted  for final delivery because KR never give out any information about the progress of their models towards the UK.

In this instance they did…

on June 12th…

The latest update on the Fell is that they are now on their way to the warehouse and we will give you an update once they have cleared customs. Delivery as per the docking date will be in July. So final delivery will be a short time after that.

So they were expected through customs and delivered to the warehouse in July, and were in transit at or before June 12th..

The last time anyone asked on their facebook page was a week ago, and the answer was due in the UK very soon.

Edited by adb968008

8 hours ago, Bucoops said:

Curious how a model that is not in the hands of customers yet has been nominated by Hornby Mag for a model of the year award. Yes they have had a sample to review, but it's not out in the wild.

Hornby mag uses a cut off date of a current edition, so models reviewed in the Oct 2022 edition are in the vote. The same applies to the Bachmann dance hall brake van, reviewed in the Oct edition, but not yet on sale. Doubtful that these models will get many votes as they may not be with potential voters before the cut off.

The model shown in the Hornby mag looks like the EP model, shown some time back, with an early side and a later side on the same model. It also has the incorrect water filler position on the early side, plus the paint finish doesn’t look that great ether!

• Informative/Useful 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, E100 said:

I wonder if these have been further held up at customs for similar reasons as the Accurascale Deltic sound chips?

The chips are coming directly from ESU in Germany so fell Foul of ‘brexit’ customs. We’ve never had any delays on Chinese imports. 

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
16 hours ago, McC said:

The chips are coming directly from ESU in Germany so fell Foul of ‘brexit’ customs. We’ve never had any delays on Chinese imports. 

Puzzled. You are in the EU, so no customs requirements from other EU nations. Did they erroneously get sent via Northern Ireland?

• RMweb Gold
Just now, Oldddudders said:

Puzzled. You are in the EU, so no customs requirements from other EU nations. Did they erroneously get sent via Northern Ireland?

The pallets were coming from Germany > Birmingham. All accurascale lines ship out from our Birmingham hub, with EU orders out exporting back to Dublin for onward shipping. 

• Thanks 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

1 hour ago, McC said:

The pallets were coming from Germany > Birmingham. All accurascale lines ship out from our Birmingham hub, with EU orders out exporting back to Dublin for onward shipping. 

So two lots of bureaucracy on those orders. 

Plus more presumably more when Germany imported components from the far East.

A problem inherent in manufacturing anything that isn't made solely in one customs zone.

• Agree 2

• RMweb Premium

The thing I honestly find perplexing is that when I was in the UK I regularly bought stuff from Asian and North American shops (I like US, Japanese and Chinese model trains) and never had any issues. I buy models from UK shops and delivery is almost as quick as internal UK delivery. Yet trade between Britain and Europe seems to be a train wreck. What is irritating to me is that some British shops stopped international sales because of the Brexit mess. I can't blame them but they might have missed a trick by not offering to serve the world outside the EU. Luckily enough shops still serve international customers that it's not so bad.

• Agree 4

• RMweb Premium

The problem is that we've tried to negotiate some kind of continuation with the E.U. of how rules were while we were still a member state, and it's those half-in, half-out, not properly settled arrangements that are causing the problems. For all other countries/regions in the world, the rules have just stayed as they were so haven't had any additional issues, with the exception of the attempt by the U.K. government (and the E.U., I think) to get V.A.T. collected by the retailer at source regardless of country.

What does confuse me is why Accurascale don't just get everything sent to the Republic of Ireland first, then only have one headache to deal with in getting their product into the U.K. to Birmingham.

Edited by Ian J.

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Ian J. said:

The problem is that we've tried to negotiate some kind of continuation with the E.U. of how rules were while we were still a member state, and it's those half-in, half-out, not properly settled arrangements that are causing the problems. For all other countries/regions in the world, the rules have just stayed as they were so haven't had any additional issues, with the exception of the attempt by the U.K. government (and the E.U., I think) to get V.A.T. collected by the retailer at source regardless of country.

What does confuse me is why Accurascale don't just get everything sent to the Republic of Ireland first, then only have one headache to deal with in getting their product into the U.K. to Birmingham.

In simple terms because we would have to import everything into Ireland and pay import taxes and VAT then export those same gods to Accurascale in the UK who in turn would have to pay import taxes and charges and VAT

Twice the paperwork, delay and cash flow impact. 

• Like 4
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, jjb1970 said:

The thing I honestly find perplexing is that when I was in the UK I regularly bought stuff from Asian and North American shops (I like US, Japanese and Chinese model trains) and never had any issues. I buy models from UK shops and delivery is almost as quick as internal UK delivery. Yet trade between Britain and Europe seems to be a train wreck. What is irritating to me is that some British shops stopped international sales because of the Brexit mess. I can't blame them but they might have missed a trick by not offering to serve the world outside the EU. Luckily enough shops still serve international customers that it's not so bad.

Resources….

EU nations havent adjusted resources to handle export / imports.

if 1 guy handled global imports into his local EU hub before Brexit, he’s still on his own today.

So now that mass pile of UK stuff arrives and leaves, before Brexit bypassed that 1 man and his clipboard, but today, its in a much longer queue to be processed….and his union ensures he doesnt have to break a sweat handling that extra load.

passport borders are no different, the French have invested zip nada at Dover to stamp and scan passports that before they simply waved through… so a 10 second scan, turned into a 1 minute scan, check, stamp… sadly next year when fingerprint scanning starts, it will get much worse, as the 1 man now has a bag now to carry and hope his wifi works, plus gets an extra break to rest his back… hence Eurostar have already given up on anything other than core services… Disney, Avignon, Bourg St Maurice are history.

The border at Dover reminds me of the US border of Tijuana.

Its less of an issue beyond the EU, as those trading arrangements haven't changed… Singapore, New York to London or vv is unchanged.. it is what it always was.

its called a Trade Barrier for a reason, its protecting a market.

There are some bright spots though, whilst buying Continental models in the UK has gone up by a premium of 40% ontop of published rrp, I can now buy them from some shops in Germany, at discounted off rrp… from those who have invested in the technology that deducts EU tax, applies UK tax and ships allowing them to bypass the clipboard.. resulting in said models being cheaper than before Brexit by a few %… so i canceled my orders here in the UK… whats more they honour pre-order prices too.

It shouldnt affect the Fell though.. Its coming from China along a well trodden unchanged route to the UK.

Edited by adb968008

3 hours ago, adb968008 said:

It shouldnt affect the Fell though.. Its coming from China along a well trodden unchanged route to the UK.

Not unchanged.  Recent problems at Felixstowe has meant containers being offloaded on the Continent to continue on a cross-channel shipping, or by road on a ferry or through the tunnel.  Extra paperwork needed now for that to happen...

Does that mean my sound-fitted Fell will need to wait for the ESU Brexit problem to be sorted out?

Les

• RMweb Gold
14 hours ago, McC said:

In simple terms because we would have to import everything into Ireland and pay import taxes and VAT then export those same gods to Accurascale in the UK who in turn would have to pay import taxes and charges and VAT

Twice the paperwork, delay and cash flow impact. 

Jeez, I know your stuff is quality, but a bit much calling them gods 😇

• Funny 8