Accurascale's First Steam Locomotive; GWR Collett 78xx Manor Class!

These Manor locomotives look absolutely stunning. I am currently building a small model railway layout especially for the three Manors that I have already ordered and paid for! Just now hoping for accurascale to announce some mk1 gangway coaches to go with them that are to the standard of the already announced mk1 suburban coaches. 
Very excited. 

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Whilst I was perusing the Accurascale stand, there were a couple of blokes complaining to each other about the fact that there was too much detailing.

"What's the point, it just breaks off"? one said.🙂

• Funny 9
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Was great to see the Manors and have a woffle at the Warley show last weekend.

And whilst we all wait with baited breath for our Accurascale miniatures here’s some fantastic news on a 12” to the foot version… 

7812 returns to the Severn Valley Railway

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Phil Bullock said:

Was great to see the Manors and have a woffle at the Warley show last weekend.

And whilst we all wait with baited breath for our Accurascale miniatures here’s some fantastic news on a 12” to the foot version… 

7812 returns to the Severn Valley Railway

Page requires Group membership. 

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
30 minutes ago, melmerby said:

Thanks Keith … better is The Erlestoke Manor fund website

1 hour ago, Oldddudders said:

Page requires Group membership. 

Cheers Ian indeed it does but is the best place for the most up to date information on 7802 and 7812 …. And now 5164 too. 

The best locos for preserved lines in GW territory….. probably! 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium
On 28/11/2022 at 23:15, melmerby said:

Whilst I was perusing the Accurascale stand, there were a couple of blokes complaining to each other about the fact that there was too much detailing.

"What's the point, it just breaks off"? one said.🙂

Had they not been to Modelu stand and were reflecting on that...........

• Funny 3

• 4 weeks later...

For the avoidance of doubt I take it you would still like us to pay for our Manors around the end of this month, even if there could be a slight delay in delivery. (Although I am not sure if there is a risk of delay or not?) Given that I have already budgeted for this, that is what I am planning to do.

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Pteremy said:

For the avoidance of doubt I take it you would still like us to pay for our Manors around the end of this month, even if there could be a slight delay in delivery. (Although I am not sure if there is a risk of delay or not?) Given that I have already budgeted for this, that is what I am planning to do.

Our invoices are always only due when the goods are in stock. The Manor schedule on course. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 2 weeks later...

With the anticipation slowly building for the arrival of the Manors (for me anyway) I'm starting to look at reference images for weathering and putting together a "research pack" for Steve at Neville Grove and was wondering...

What exact time period is 7812 modelled to represent. I've found images of with the flush rivet tender around 1965, but the model has the 89A Shrewsbury shed code which is pre Aug 1963

How easy will it be to renumber/rename the models? Just a simple stick a new nameplate over the original as supplied or will a bit of surgery be required? Looking at the EP on the A/S website it looks to be a one piece moulding

3 hours ago, SteamingWales said:

With the anticipation slowly building for the arrival of the Manors (for me anyway) I'm starting to look at reference images for weathering and putting together a "research pack" for Steve at Neville Grove and was wondering...

What exact time period is 7812 modelled to represent. I've found images of with the flush rivet tender around 1965, but the model has the 89A Shrewsbury shed code which is pre Aug 1963

How easy will it be to renumber/rename the models? Just a simple stick a new nameplate over the original as supplied or will a bit of surgery be required? Looking at the EP on the A/S website it looks to be a one piece moulding

According to the information provided by Accurascale when the model was launched, 7812 is being modelled in BR lined green with late crest and redraughted chimney, flush tender body and narrow hornplates.  The real thing went to Shrewsbury in February 1963 and was withdrawn from there in November 1965.  My understanding is that it had a 6D (Shrewsbury) shed code at the time of withdrawal in 1965.  Shrewsbury shed transferred to the London Midland region in September 1963 so if the model has an 89A shed code, then I would say that it must be modelled between February 1963 and September 1963 (or just after and before the new shed code number could be applied). 

Can't help re. your renumbering/renaming query I'm afraid.  I am happy to wait for Accurascale to do some reruns and hopefully the locos I want will appear in the right livery for me!  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, GWJ said:

According to the information provided by Accurascale when the model was launched, 7812 is being modelled in BR lined green with late crest and redraughted chimney, flush tender body and narrow hornplates.  The real thing went to Shrewsbury in February 1963 and was withdrawn from there in November 1965.  My understanding is that it had a 6D (Shrewsbury) shed code at the time of withdrawal in 1965.  Shrewsbury shed transferred to the London Midland region in September 1963 so if the model has an 89A shed code, then I would say that it must be modelled between February 1963 and September 1963 (or just after and before the new shed code number could be applied). 

Can't help re. your renumbering/renaming query I'm afraid.  I am happy to wait for Accurascale to do some reruns and hopefully the locos I want will appear in the right livery for me!  

Cheers. That was my thought too so easy enough to change to 6D if needed to model 7812 post Sept 1963

A little bit of research and it might be a tender switcheroo between the models of 7800 and 7812. This will backdate 7812 to circa 1960/61 and renumber 7800 to 7823 as the flush tender and wide hornplates

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, SteamingWales said:

Am hoping it's just a case of sticking a new plate over as I am planning for mine to become Birlstone Manor ;) 

• Funny 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
26 minutes ago, SteamingWales said:

With the announcement of more liveries for the Class 31 and 50 could we expect to see any surprises on the Manor front too? Or is delivery too close to start announcing new things and instead I should start wishlisting for batch 2 wherever that comes about?

Hi @SteamingWales,

Too late for a Manor Accura exclusive regrettably, but we will certainly line one up for run 2. Production is back up and running and due to be completed in the coming weeks, and we can't wait!

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3
  • Informative/Useful 5

16 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Too late for a Manor Accura exclusive regrettably, but we will certainly line one up for run 2. Production is back up and running and due to be completed in the coming weeks, and we can't wait!

Cheers. My wallet has breathed a sign of relief 😅I'll keep my wishlist to myself for now untilthe first batch has arrived

16 hours ago, SteamingWales said:

With the announcement of more liveries for the Class 31 and 50 could we expect to see any surprises on the Manor front too? Or is delivery too close to start announcing new things and instead I should start wishlisting for batch 2 wherever that comes about?

Another thing is, what Exclusive Manor do you expect? Without tapping into the fictional territory, I'm not sure what can be made. No special livery, no celebrity loco, it's just gonna be another Manor isn't it? (Happy to be corrected by GWR experts though.) I believe a lot has been covered already in terms of livery and variation in the current lineup.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
22 minutes ago, toby_tl10 said:

Another thing is, what Exclusive Manor do you expect? Without tapping into the fictional territory, I'm not sure what can be made. No special livery, no celebrity loco, it's just gonna be another Manor isn't it? (Happy to be corrected by GWR experts though.) I believe a lot has been covered already in terms of livery and variation in the current lineup.

They are all celebrities, some just more that others! Foxcote in CCE bull complete with headboard might be a good bet….

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, toby_tl10 said:

There are a couple that spring to mind:

• 7816 with the GWR tender at Reading circa 1963, although I believe that would require a different tender tooling
  • As @Phil Bullocksaid there are the bulled up CCE locos with white buffers, darts etc. Quite a few recieved the treatment at various times including 7822 but also 7802/03/12/18/23/28 off the top of my head
  • There are 9 Manors preserved so plenty of collaboration possible between owning groups

I'm no D&E expert but looking at current exclusives, for example, there is an exclusive BR Blue large logo 37 as well as two in the general release and to my eye 37402 (exclusive) and 37409 (general) look identical except for a name change. Happy to be told that 37402 is some celebrity in some way

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, SteamingWales said:

There are a couple that spring to mind:

• 7816 with the GWR tender at Reading circa 1963, although I believe that would require a different tender tooling
  • As @Phil Bullocksaid there are the bulled up CCE locos with white buffers, darts etc. Quite a few recieved the treatment at various times including 7822 but also 7802/03/12/18/23/28 off the top of my head
  • There are 9 Manors preserved so plenty of collaboration possible between owning groups

I'm no D&E expert but looking at current exclusives, for example, there is an exclusive BR Blue large logo 37 as well as two in the general release and to my eye 37402 (exclusive) and 37409 (general) look identical except for a name change. Happy to be told that 37402 is some celebrity in some way

If we want to go for different tenders then 7808 ran with a 4000 gallon tender towards the end of her days ..

7808 with 4000 gallon tender

Unfortunately she was pretty filthy by this stage and probably not the best for a limited edition. Having a 4000 gallon tender on the books might be useful for Accurascale however…

• Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Premium
11 hours ago, Phil Bullock said:

Foxcote in CCE bull complete with headboard might be a good bet….

7802 and 7803 were done up with white buffers and smoke box door straps weren’t they? They would make a good exclusive.