Accurascale's First Steam Locomotive; GWR Collett 78xx Manor Class!

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, Phil Bullock said:

Phil’s birthday treat with 7812 at WSR today! 

Plus I get to play with 7808 and 7802 when we get home tonight….

5366D911-20D1-4936-BA77-D7A42070CF11.jpeg.c3a7c7e9b724a27352fafe40ac68b323.jpg.29bc1132b26c28cd6e6d356e71971824.jpg

Oh, given the superb accuracy of the Manor, I thought for a moment that ModelU had taken another massive stride forward in 3-D printing...

• Like 2
  • Funny 9

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

5366D911-20D1-4936-BA77-D7A42070CF11.jpeg.c3a7c7e9b724a27352fafe40ac68b323.jpg.29bc1132b26c28cd6e6d356e71971824.jpg

Oh, given the superb accuracy of the Manor, I thought for a moment that ModelU had taken another massive stride forward in 3-D printing...

It can be found as 'Jolly nice bloke handing cake round'.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Suzy Sulzer said:

i sincerely hope your information is correct Sir. FYI there is no mention on Dapol website.

My complaint to Key is being considered during a ' SPECIAL MEETING ' next week. No prizes for guessing outcome.

All in all its a shabby way to treat subscribers. 

Got it from Rails site   - assume the photo of 7827 is for illustrative purposes but best to check with Rails direct :) https://railsofsheffield.com/products/bradley-manor-br-lined-green-late-crest-78xx-manor-class-4-6-0-steam-locomotive-no-7802-sound-fitted

• Like 2

I have packed away my railway layout pending a move that is some months away. My Manor arrived Thursday and I really wanted to test it. A trip to the shed and dug out some bits of track, my controller, rolling road and some wire off cuts to try it. It is my first steam train with sound and it is impressive, also te firebox flicker. Excellent slow running and start off.

I had a video but it is MP4 and I cannot load in that format.

Edited by Haverail
unable to load video
  • Like 5

When you place an early order direct with a manufacturer and pay full price so they have your money a year, sometimes several, ahead of production, is it wrong to hope they might return the privilege by putting you early on the packing and delivery list so at least you can be sure of actually getting your item before it sells out?

Just asking.

• Craftsmanship/clever 1

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Forester said:

When you place an early order direct with a manufacturer and pay full price so they have your money a year, sometimes several, ahead of production, is it wrong to hope they might return the privilege by putting you early on the packing and delivery list so at least you can be sure of actually getting your item before it sells out?

Just asking.

It would take a lot longer to sit with a pile of chronological invoices running round a pile of boxes rather than sending out all the 7801s, for example, at the front of the stacks of boxes. This way the final order gets sent out sooner and they're less likely to be sorting bits out by the time the next stuff comes along.

• Like 3
  • Agree 2

On 18/08/2023 at 18:41, Northmoor MPD said:

The stay alive on my manor doesn’t seem to be working, upon investigation none of the pickups on the tender are touching the backs of the wheels so it’s picking up on the driving wheels only.

Silly question but does the stay alive just use the tender pickups or does it use all the locos pickups? 
I’ve had the loco sat on the layout for quite a while to ‘charge them up’ but the second I lift the loco or go over a insulated frog point the loco stops dead.

I can adjust the pickups but I don’t want to mess with it if it ends up having to go back for a look at.

Does the stay alive work well on everyone else’s models? 

Hi there, I am also experiencing the same issue. My stay alive does not appear to work either. I wonder if there is a CV setting we can amend?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Forester said:

Just asking.

I believe that Accurascale do send out on the basis of those who pay the total amount first. However taking the Manor as an example they probably do this by variant and if more than one variant is ordered they will hold them and send all out togrther, they can be flexible on this if asked. Regarding Key and the 7802 it seems (and this is only my opinion} that they simply did not oreder enough. Key offered 3 postal rates, I wonder if they prioritised the next day option first before the 1st and 2nd class post options and then realised they were ging to be short?

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

1 minute ago, Harry220 said:

Hi there, I am also experiencing the same issue. My stay alive does not appear to work either. I wonder if there is a CV setting we can amend?

Mine appears to be the same, I recall the same with the Deltic and CV's had to be adjusted. Perhaps someone with more knowledge than me ot CV's might be able to asist. I am running on DCC with the Accurascale fitted sound decoder.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
42 minutes ago, Forester said:

Just asking.

For what it’s worth we’ve always had the option of just paying a deposit and on all announcements for the last year we take either no money down at all or a small

refundable deposit. Once you have an order with us we 100% guarantee you will get it and it doesn’t help us at all having anyone’s money for an extended period of time which is why we launch much later into the process than most. 

• Like 8
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
12 minutes ago, KeithAnthony said:

Hope you guys don't have too high an expectation of the power reserve in a stayalive. 

The manor unit can maintain sound and motion for at least 4 seconds and sound alone for about 30. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 7

13 minutes ago, KeithAnthony said:

Hope you guys don't have too high an expectation of the power reserve in a stayalive. 

Mine could be doing nothing other than powering the firebox flicker but the second I lift the loco off the tracks it stops, just like a loco with no stay alive would do.

I’ll be messaging the AS guys after the weekend to get the support they have offered.

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, McC said:

The manor unit can maintain sound and motion for at least 4 seconds and sound alone for about 30. 

I can concur.

Mine with a Zimo decoder, no sound, runs for several seconds when the power is cut.

If the loco is stationary the flicker lasts about 30(?) seconds before finally fading away.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
11 hours ago, AY Mod said:

The Pannier-lovers are on a permanent state of readiness.

It would be very nice if Accurascale were to produce a series of GWR Pannier tank 0-6-0PT….. 😎

Will this be the next Steam project? @McC

• Like 4
  • Agree 5

14 hours ago, MikeParkin65 said:

Got it from Rails site   - assume the photo of 7827 is for illustrative purposes but best to check with Rails direct :) https://railsofsheffield.com/products/bradley-manor-br-lined-green-late-crest-78xx-manor-class-4-6-0-steam-locomotive-no-7802-sound-fitted

Thank you Mike & Dapol joel for the information..

Edited by Suzy Sulzer
TYPO
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, McC said:

For what it’s worth we’ve always had the option of just paying a deposit and on all announcements for the last year we take either no money down at all or a small

refundable deposit. Once you have an order with us we 100% guarantee you will get it and it doesn’t help us at all having anyone’s money for an extended period of time which is why we launch much later into the process than most. 

But this one was a little different. It was  your first steam loco. Some of us wanted to give early support to your entry into the market, knowing you also faced very strong competition with the Manor and the whole project might easily have failed, rather than the great success it looks like being.

Not feeling that support has been entirely reciprocated.

• Friendly/supportive 1