RMweb

Sutton's Locomotive Works *NEW* Class 25

Nick G

• RMweb Gold
31 minutes ago, Gilbert said:

Really - how may Class 24s were reported as sent back or criticised on forums?

Chris

Versus how many were made? 

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, Roy Langridge said:

Accurascale are a lot bigger and have never been as small as SLW. Your 25s, and mine, will arrive when they arrive. If they spend time on here, that will be even later… 

Roy

We might have a few more team members now but we definitely started as small. We just grew up very fast :) 

• Like 4
  • Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
12 minutes ago, McC said:

Versus how many were made? 

I have no stats obvioulsy - I'm not anti Acc - I own a fair few 37s and numerous wagons  but I don't like this unwarranted negativity about anyone.

and I've found SLW's customer service to be excellent - as with Acc

Chris

Edited by Gilbert
  • Like 3
  • Agree 4
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
23 minutes ago, Gilbert said:

I have no stats obvioulsy - I'm not anti Acc - I own a fair few 37s and numerous wagons  but I don't like this unwarranted negativity about anyone.

and I've found SLW's customer service to be excellent - as with Acc

Chris

I agree, unwarranted negativity and repetition of hearsay is to be avoided.

Fwiw, personally, I am an extremely happy SLW customer, with several 24's and a 25 on the way, and they are among my favourite locos and always worth the wait.

Edited by McC
  • Like 18
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, McC said:

We might have a few more team members now but we definitely started as small. We just grew up very fast :) 

SLW started as one and are now two. I thought you started as three. Apologies. 

Roy

21 hours ago, zr2498 said:

Are you aware of what QC is being done? Are they all being tested before despatch. SLW products are great, but I wonder if there is an issue with them which has to be resolved.

That’s genuinely the conclusion that immediately springs to the forefront of your mind when you look at the possible reasons for this? Seriously?  Not the length of time to go through a checklist of tests on EVERY loco on the pallets, and then repack them and sort into orders, but a systemic fault on the whole lot??

• Like 2

When an order is posted, there is an email notification from SLW and then one from Royal Mail with the delivery date and time range. They are clearly now working through the orders but given it's a small team I expect it will take time for all orders to be sent out.

• Like 2
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Gold
16 hours ago, Gilbert said:

I'm hoping for Monmouth on 11 February......

Chris

Oh right had not picked up on that one! I usually go …. Will see how my layout is progressing, lost a week due to this orrible laryngitis that’s doing the rounds…

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Hope my two aren't too long now. It's all been quiet but I'm loathed to bother SLW, checked my emails and I have an order confirmation for one of my two locos, but not the other, hoping that will work out okay, as I think the second was ordered over the phone, as I recall chatting to Phil for quite a bit on that call, mostly about our mutual love of the Sulzer type 2.

• Like 1

On 27/01/2024 at 20:02, robertcwp said:

When an order is posted, there is an email notification from SLW and then one from Royal Mail with the delivery date and time range. They are clearly now working through the orders but given it's a small team I expect it will take time for all orders to be sent out.

Correct, they are a small team and are working the orders with the added issue of contacting people to get their up to date card details.

Also worth a mention is the fact they don't work Mondays.

See it as a fine wine, the longer you wait the better it gets lol

• Like 4