Titfield Thunderbolt 70th Anniversary Range

rapidoandy

• 3 weeks later...
On 27/05/2022 at 14:05, rapidoandy said:

Well I rather like this...

795109817_TitfieldSet001.jpg.bb4fc022c00dfbd3e34ccad6b2a4e364.jpg

Hi Andy. Looks fantastic, and can't wait to buy one. Sorry if this has already been covered, but are you planning on having an alternative coupling for those of us getting Lion so that it can haul Hornby's carriages?

For the record was completely on your side re events earlier in the year, but it would be very helpful for those of us with their Rocket and carriages!

Best, David

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Steven B said:

Those coupling rods are hypnotic!

I wonder if anyone will add a servo to the coach and make the chimney go up and down.

Steven B.

it could be possible. The sets will however come with two chimneys - one up and one down!

• Like 6
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Gold

I already have the deluxe set on order with rails, having watched the video I’m so glad I decide to go for sound, it sounds brilliant 

I Had to check it was the sound one I’d ordered so while I was on the website I upped my order to get the coach and bus too! 

• Like 2

I'm assuming that the Titfield coach which can now be ordered, is the film version, rather than the 'proper' W&U version?

I am aware of the history here, in that the 'film' coach is NOT the one preserved. The body of the latter was retrieved from a farm (as a chicken shed or similar) in Cambridgeshire, and now runs on the North Norfolk railway, but with the interior modified with a bar similar to the film version..

• Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium

The W&U coach was originally to be with the Toad brake van but its now being offered as a stand alone item. 

1 minute ago, stewartingram said:

I'm assuming that the Titfield coach which can now be ordered, is the film version, rather than the 'proper' W&U version?

I am aware of the history here, in that the 'film' coach is NOT the one preserved. The body of the latter was retrieved from a farm (as a chicken shed or similar) in Cambridgeshire, and now runs on the North Norfolk railway, but with the interior modified with a bar similar to the film version..

Yes it is the film version but I understand it is to be produced in GER, LNER and BR(E) versions or that was what was originally planned. 

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, stewartingram said:

And bigger wheels I believe to raise it to a similar height as other coaches.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
30 minutes ago, stewartingram said:

It's the coach as presented within the fiction of the film (i.e. with a bar inside - the interior shots were done on on a set and thus the 'real' coach never had a bar in it in real life, BUT the preserved coach does have a bar).

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1