SWAG Member's Day - 24th April 2022

Stubby47

Hi,

I haven't had any requests for copies of my book to be collected on Sunday, so I'm not planning on bringing any copies (apart from my own copy).

I'm not bothered by this in anyway (honestly, I'm not!), it is more just to let people know in case you thought you could wait until the day before asking to buy one that this won't be the case.

Simon

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, St. Simon said:

Hi,

I haven't had any requests for copies of my book to be collected on Sunday, so I'm not planning on bringing any copies (apart from my own copy).

I'm not bothered by this in anyway (honestly, I'm not!), it is more just to let people know in case you thought you could wait until the day before asking to buy one that this won't be the case.

Simon

Is it possible to wait until Sunday not to buy one or should I not buy one now?

• Round of applause 1
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Premium

I've mislaid my collection of 4mm chimney castings. No idea where it's gone. Now obviously it will turn up after the show but...

Does anyone attending the show have, in their collective bits boxes, a whitemetal casting of a chimney pot like this one?:

rps20220419_073140.jpg.fce8f4e28c52e69ff2ed717c85ba3330.jpg

Happy to exchange for the appropriate coinage.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
19 hours ago, Stubby47 said:

The multi coloured aspects to the Modulus demo layout control panel all appear to be a fetching shade of bright blue. Methinks there is an issue...

1107654718_20220418_1531572.jpg.4b55212bd023e713b63ce1f9484fb827.jpg

Sorted!

856658985_20220419_1103462.jpg.7040d6c2027728f8e05324d9a1125819.jpg

• Like 7
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, 2ManySpams said:

I've mislaid my collection of 4mm chimney castings. No idea where it's gone. Now obviously it will turn up after the show but...

Does anyone attending the show have, in their collective bits boxes, a whitemetal casting of a chimney pot like this one?:

rps20220419_073140.jpg.fce8f4e28c52e69ff2ed717c85ba3330.jpg

Happy to exchange for the appropriate coinage.

@2ManySpams Do you have a clearer picture and dimensions? I might get chance to draw one up in 3D and print for you.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
On 18/04/2022 at 09:03, NHY 581 said:

Morning all. 

A week today and SWAG '22, The Return will all be over..................and this is what you will have missed..........

DOORS OPEN 10AM CLOSE 4PM

LAYOUTS.

Pig Lane- Clive Mortimer's motive power depot set, perhaps unusually these days, pre-tops and on the Oxfordshire/Bershire border and presented with the considerable panache that Clive brings with it. Clive incidentally has a unique talent. Over the years he has displayed an uncanny ability to spends ages scratchbuilding various diesels only for a manufactuer bring out a ready to run version. If you are after a really obscure diesel loco, have a chat with Clive about building one.........and in a little while someone will bring one out rtr........

SWAG '22...........Put on by Rmwebbers......for RMwebbers..........

Above all, come and enjoy the day, put faces to names and ask away............

Rob. 

Hi Rob

As Pig Lane is set the wrong side of Royal Oak station, I done very few scratchbuilt locos of the Great Western Region hydraulic types, in fact none. So it is stocked with all RTR N-gins. 

I can bring a carrier bag of assorted plastic card locos from my native East Anglia if you want. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Evening all. 

Sadly, having had confirmation today, due to unforeseen circumstances Lord and Butler will unable to attend SWAG this coming Sunday. 

Rob. 

• Friendly/supportive 13

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

Evening all. 

Sadly, having had confirmation today, due to unforeseen circumstances Lord and Butler will unable to attend SWAG this coming Sunday. 

Rob. 

We should all scrutinise our SABLEs (Stash Acquired Beyond Life Expectancy) and ensure thre is a good sales opportunity.......

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, mudmagnet said:

@2ManySpams Do you have a clearer picture and dimensions? I might get chance to draw one up in 3D and print for you.

One for @mudmagnet

I have a pair of your Donelli PD350 track lifters and have seen on Facebook a 3d print you have done of the lifting beam to go with these, I would very much like to get hold of one if you have them available, also interested in the frames and box for Denflat wagons. I hope to be there on Sunday.

Edited by bubbles2

• RMweb Gold
17 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

Evening all. 

Rob. 

That'll give a bit more floor elbow room - time for anothert floorplan!

Jerry

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
55 minutes ago, queensquare said:

That'll give a bit more floor elbow room - time for anothert floorplan!

Jerry

Mk 26 will follow this evening.........

• Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
16 hours ago, bubbles2 said:

One for @mudmagnet

I have a pair of your Donelli PD350 track lifters and have seen on Facebook a 3d print you have done of the lifting beam to go with these, I would very much like to get hold of one if you have them available, also interested in the frames and box for Denflat wagons. I hope to be there on Sunday.

@bubbles2 thanks. I don't have any of the lifting beams at the moment, but if you remind me on Sunday, then will have a chat about these. If I get chance I will bring my prototype. I will also find the Denflat boxes.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Stubby47 said:

Basically,  turn up early on Sunday and pick your own spot 😜

Oi ! 

We'll have none of that ! 

You can't just waltz in and do what you want.......Anarchy I tell you. 

Chief Sheep. 

Edited by NHY 581
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
13 minutes ago, Stubby47 said:

Stubby1 is currently have a new exhaust fitted, well it will be if the parts turn up tomorrow afternoon. Could be a long walk if not resolved in time.

Are Stubby2-46 available?

• Funny 3

3 minutes ago, Barry Ten said:

I'm sure some of the more prolific Rmwebbers could knock up a layout between now and Sunday?

I've got a blank baseboard - would that count if I turned up and discussed what I might do with it and spent the weekend shifting bits of used Peco track and points about in various combinations of an inglenook, I might even be able to stretch to plonking a Pannier on one bit. 😄

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Barry Ten said:

I'm sure some of the more prolific Rmwebbers could knock up a layout between now and Sunday?

If a static display is OK, I could throw some ex-mag projects in the car. Just let me know how much space to fill.

• Like 1